Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1928: Calypso Springs coming to Hurricane Harbor!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:09 am

I like how the first transmission we've had from them in months is all "Boo hoo look how much snow we had to remove" when immediately after that storm it was 50 degrees and the sh*t melted in almost a day. I get that it would have been hard for them to open with back to back storms affecting testing, prep etc, but cry me a river.

Also, new park map posted by GAH.

SFGAdv-2018.jpg

Liberty Pub to become Ale House? Hopefully that means they're adding taps. I love drinking there but they need more than 4 taps.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mvc2jg » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:05 pm

Does anyone by any chance know what the coupons are for the 2018 season?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby AndrewA86 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:46 pm

Jason Maier wrote:I plan on making a trip up there Easter Sunday.

In the past, does it usually get crowded on Easter? If it's not too terribly crowded, I'm not going to waste my $ on Flash Pass.

I will be there on Easter as well and I read on TripAdvisor that on someone's Easter trip the park was dead.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:56 pm

Should I spend the money and a membership for the park? I'm really on the fence about it.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:07 pm

Well that is your hesitation?

They are cheap as sh*t, especially if you consider its basically a pass to face the intensity and ride the best coaster on the planet whenever you want (as well as El Toro, 5 B&Ms, Kingda Ka, a safari, Justice League, etc etc etc). ;)

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:47 pm

DorneyKid14 wrote:Should I spend the money and a membership for the park? I'm really on the fence about it.

Depends how often you're going. If you're going more than 2x a year, absolutely. Especially with the park being almost open all year round now its well worth it to me.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:20 pm

DorneyKid14 wrote:Should I spend the money and a membership for the park? I'm really on the fence about it.

Yes. Go during the regular season and go back for Holiday in the Park because it's the sh*t.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:27 pm

coasterbill wrote:

Yes. Go during the regular season and go back for Holiday in the Park because it's the sh*t.

I've never been to their holiday in the park, so maybe that will be the selling point.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:29 pm

DorneyKid14 wrote:
coasterbill wrote:

I've never been to their holiday in the park, so maybe that will be the selling point.

Dude.... Nitro and Batman on 20 degree winter nights. There's nothing better. We probably go more during Holiday in the Park than the rest of the year combined :lol:

That said, we did make it out to opening day today and we had a great time. The threat of rain kept crowds away and while rain did occasionally interrupt our day (though the rides all kept running with the exception of Ka), lines were nonexistent the rest of the time. We had a blast.

Happy Opening Day!

I won't write a long trip report since it's our home park but a few things of note...

- While some smaller rides aren't quite ready for the season, all major rides are up and running including all of the coasters except for El Diablo. El Diablo's train wasn't even in the station... I assume it's in the transfer shed. :lol:

- The Log Flume's final drop has been removed so it looks like another offseason of major log flume renovations. I applaud them for the insane amount of work they've done on that thing.
Is this park trying to give me a heart attack? It's all good though. Just maintenance... lol

- Lines were nonexistant on every ride. Even Safari Off Road Adventure was a walk on despite the fact that they couldn't have been running more than 5 or 6 trucks. We did end up waiting an hour for Kingda Ka but that's because it was running one train with 30 minute dispatches since they had to call maintenance after every single cycle to cycle the brakes, launch a train empty, inevitably have it roll back, cycle the brakes again, launch a train that cleared the tower, send a full train and then have the ride go down again. Whatever... we rode it in the front. I'm happy.

For whatever reason I woke up this morning more excited to ride that dumb thing than anything else in the park. I can't help myself, I love the sh*t out of Kingda Ka. :lol:

- The coasters are all running great. El Toro is flying and running really smooth and Nitro was awesome as always (and it had all 3 trains running which was sort of weird). Batman was killing it today. I assume it still has it's fast wheels on. OMFG that thing...

- Brit sucks at Justice League Battle for Metropolis. She cheated when she scored over 100k. Don't believe her lies.

We left a little early since it was raining pretty steadily near the end of the night but we got a ton of rides in.

Final ride count:

Kingda Ka x1
El Toro x1
Safari x1
Bizarro x1
Skyway x1
Nitro x2
Batman x1
Justice League x2
Joker x1 (just me... Brit's terrified of this thing, lol)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby steamedturtle » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Hmmm.. drive to KD or Gadv this coming Monday. I can't decide.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!