DorneyKid14 wrote: coasterbill wrote:
DorneyKid14 wrote:Should I spend the money and a membership for the park? I'm really on the fence about it.
Yes. Go during the regular season and go back for Holiday in the Park because it's the sh*t.
I've never been to their holiday in the park, so maybe that will be the selling point.
Dude.... Nitro and Batman on 20 degree winter nights. There's nothing better. We probably go more during Holiday in the Park than the rest of the year combined
That said, we did make it out to opening day today and we had a great time. The threat of rain kept crowds away and while rain did occasionally interrupt our day (though the rides all kept running with the exception of Ka), lines were nonexistent the rest of the time. We had a blast.Happy Opening Day!
I won't write a long trip report since it's our home park but a few things of note...
- While some smaller rides aren't quite ready for the season, all major rides are up and running including all of the coasters except for El Diablo. El Diablo's train wasn't even in the station... I assume it's in the transfer shed.
- The Log Flume's final drop has been removed so it looks like another offseason of major log flume renovations. I applaud them for the insane amount of work they've done on that thing. Is this park trying to give me a heart attack? It's all good though. Just maintenance... lol
- Lines were nonexistant on every ride. Even Safari Off Road Adventure was a walk on despite the fact that they couldn't have been running more than 5 or 6 trucks. We did end up waiting an hour for Kingda Ka but that's because it was running one train with 30 minute dispatches since they had to call maintenance after every single cycle to cycle the brakes, launch a train empty, inevitably have it roll back, cycle the brakes again, launch a train that cleared the tower, send a full train and then have the ride go down again. Whatever... we rode it in the front. I'm happy.
For whatever reason I woke up this morning more excited to ride that dumb thing than anything else in the park. I can't help myself, I love the sh*t out of Kingda Ka.
- The coasters are all running great. El Toro is flying and running really smooth and Nitro was awesome as always (and it had all 3 trains running which was sort of weird). Batman was killing it today. I assume it still has it's fast wheels on. OMFG that thing...
- Brit sucks at Justice League Battle for Metropolis. She cheated when she scored over 100k. Don't believe her lies.
We left a little early since it was raining pretty steadily near the end of the night but we got a ton of rides in.
Final ride count:
Kingda Ka x1
El Toro x1
Justice League x2
Joker x1 (just me... Brit's terrified of this thing, lol)