Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1928: Calypso Springs coming to Hurricane Harbor!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby AndrewA86 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:47 am

Im planning a trip to SFGA and for the life of me I can’t find a decent cheap(er) place to stay. I know people will say to stay with choice but based on the reviews the choice hotels don’t look good. Econo Lodge is usually my go to but the one closest to the park sounds disgusting. Is this one of the times I’m just going to have to fork over a little more cash? Where have you stayed when visiting this park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:15 am

Yeah, It's kind of insane how few hotels there are near this park. You might have to fork over a little more cash if you're afraid of the Econo Lodge (I would be too... while Econo Lodge is always a risk, that one sounds especially terrible).

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:14 pm

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn in Bordentown twice and I don't recall any issues. Same with Quality Inn near Princeton.

In a few weeks we are going to try the McGuire AFB / Fort Dix Quality Inn for the first time. It's a little bit more out of the way for us despite being the same drive length to the park as the other hotels (we are coming from the North, though), but a lot of people seem to rave about their breakfast and there will be four of us in tow for two nights... lol. Priorities! It was the same number of points for that and Bordentown Comfort Inn (though more than my usual spend!) so we went with Dix this time around. I'll be sure to report back on their breakfast, lol.

Postby AndrewA86 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:48 pm

Im planning a trip to SFGA and for the life of me I can’t find a decent cheap(er) place to stay. I know people will say to stay with choice but based on the reviews the choice hotels don’t look good. Econo Lodge is usually my go to but the one closest to the park sounds disgusting. Is this one of the times I’m just going to have to fork over a little more cash? Where have you stayed when visiting this park?

Postby AndrewA86 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:20 pm

Sorry, don’t know why it posted twice

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:33 pm

I had good luck with Red Carpet Inn Wrightstown near Fort Dix. Reviews were mixed, some people said there were cleanliness issues, but it was cheap and close, so I took a chance and lucked out. The room was not fancy but fine. They don't have breakfast but there is a Wawa about a mile down the road.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:51 pm

^^-- I stayed there. Rooms are tiny and the A/C is large enough for a house, and the thermostat switches it between full blast and full off. It needs to be very hot, cold or just right (not humid). I suggest bringing a fan and duct tape so you can aim the vent upwards without the curtains going nuts. Beds are hard, frig didn't really work. Almost too quiet.

The Taco Bell almost within walking distance is excellent.

Postby AndrewA86 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:43 am

Ok, thanks guys. Looks like the Comfort Inn is the best choice. I did look at the Princeton area and there are some options out there and it's not too far out of the way. So i'm feeling better about it. Thanks again!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:12 am

Did anything ever come of the Zumanjaro renovation? Wasn't there heavily implied rumors that Zumanjaro was going to get new barriers so it could run along side Ka without alternating?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:45 am

Haven't heard anything about that since the initial rumour came out last summer. My guess is that nothing has changed, unless they drop the news closer to opening day.
Total Coasters: 140

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!