Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1928: Calypso Springs coming to Hurricane Harbor!
Users viewing this topic: prozach626 and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Ed Farmer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:33 pm

boldikus wrote:
Ed Farmer wrote:
neil009 wrote:
deguy123 wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:The coaster looks great along the lake, I know a lot of people aren't happy with this addition but I really think it adds variety to an already great collection.

I just don't understand how people aren't excited about any new coaster being added, let alone one that's rare at this point. Only one has been built so far, just confused here :lmao:

I prefer my coasters to turn left or right at some point.

If the Coaster Gods had a sense of humor, they'd smite you with a Wild Mouse next. :devil:

Might be funny if we didn't already have one.

When has a silly little detail like that ever stopped Six Flags? :)
Been you to have any spike, man?

My other car is a carnival ride

Postby strz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:12 pm

boldikus wrote:
deguy123 wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:The coaster looks great along the lake, I know a lot of people aren't happy with this addition but I really think it adds variety to an already great collection.

I just don't understand how people aren't excited about any new coaster being added, let alone one that's rare at this point. Only one has been built so far, just confused here :lmao:

I am excited a new coaster is being built simply to take the heat off the rides I love at the park. In general I think its an ugly ride and a wasted opportunity to put something spectacular on the lakefront. That doesn't mean the ride won't be a hit and the GP will most definitely eat this thing up. Also I haven't ridden the SFFT installation so I have no opinion of the ride experience but it *looks* like puke machine to me. I might be wrong, and I will definitely try it once, and maybe I'll love it. Never judge a ride til you ride it.

Ditto my friend! Call it what it is- a carnival ride!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:16 am

strz wrote:
boldikus wrote:
deguy123 wrote:

I am excited a new coaster is being built simply to take the heat off the rides I love at the park. In general I think its an ugly ride and a wasted opportunity to put something spectacular on the lakefront. That doesn't mean the ride won't be a hit and the GP will most definitely eat this thing up. Also I haven't ridden the SFFT installation so I have no opinion of the ride experience but it *looks* like puke machine to me. I might be wrong, and I will definitely try it once, and maybe I'll love it. Never judge a ride til you ride it.

Ditto my friend! Call it what it is- a carnival ride!

The coaster vs. carnival ride jokes were absolutely warranted w/ the parks marketing of El Diablo, but The Joker is a coaster. How is it not? Because it flips? If we go by that theory a spinning mouse is not a coaster because it spins? Come on.

These freespins are pulled up a lift and coast the rest of the way. Maybe not a roller coaster in the traditional sense but as much as it's not what I wanted, and I think its ugly, it is a coaster, it is next level, it is highly marketable, and it is going to be a smash.

And honestly, El Diablo is a carnival ride that looks great in the parks Plaza Del Carnival section, so can we just get over it already?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:35 am

El Diablo is tons of fun and it looks great. I hate myself for saying that but it's true.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:41 am

Heat seeking missiles should be deployed any time someone tries to continue the "carnival ride" argument on this site.

Either that or we should collectively pay a homeless man to piss in said person''s morning cereal.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:52 am

:nina:

EDIT: I accidentally clicked the wrong one. It's supposed to be :omg: .
Last edited by SixFlagsAstroworld on Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:10 am.
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby FaithPlus1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:54 am

michaellynn4 wrote:Heat seeking missiles should be deployed any time someone tries to continue the "carnival ride" argument on this site.

Either that or we should collectively pay a homeless man to piss in said person''s morning cereal.

Fail

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:14 am

I still have not ridden El Diablo. One day I will. The funny thing is when I was a kid I rode Morey's 'Ring of Fire' right before it was removed and as a kid, I always wanted it to come back. You'd think that would've had me thrilled when GAdv announced that's what we were getting, but how can you be excited about a super loop next to El Freaking Toro? :lol:

One day when Toro has an hour+ wait and Diablo is 5 minutes is the day I'll ride.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:19 am

El Diablo is a whole lot of fun for what it is. I hated the addition and certainly railed against the park for calling it a coaster. But after riding it, I shut my mouth. It serves a dual purpose: another much needed flat in the park, and something to do for the little thrill seekers who are either too small or too leery to ride the big stuff.
Total Coasters: 140

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby DevilsFlight » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:24 am

When I rode it, I enjoyed it. Especially when someone's phone fell out of their pocket. But the only complaint I have is that it could have some more leg room. Still, it is fun and the hangtime is something you don't feel anywhere else in the park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!