Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1919 - Holiday in the Park Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby 3Mutts » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Mike Meyers wrote:I hope SFGAd won't run in to the same problems that Colossus at Heide Park had where it's shutdown for a few years because the ride has become so rough due to poor maintenance on the ride where the ride could no longer physically run unless the entire track gets replaced. I have a feeling it's only a matter of time that El Toro is closed for a year or two so it can have the entire track rebuilt. Knowing Six Flags though, I doubt they'd do that. They probably won't spend the money to re track the ride so it's just gonna get rougher and rougher over the years to the point nobody likes it anymore

Colossus at Heide Park was a prototype and with the prototype plug and plays you cant replace sections of track you have to replace the entire track in order to fix the damaged spot. WIth the newer Plug and Plays like El Toro they can replace one section at a time so no El Toro will never suffer the same problems as Colossus
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:32 pm

It might be rough enough you should ride it NOW. The only way it's losing all crazy ejector is if it's closed, or trims -- big ones.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Mike Meyers wrote:I hope SFGAd won't run in to the same problems that Colossus at Heide Park had where it's shutdown for a few years because the ride has become so rough due to poor maintenance on the ride where the ride could no longer physically run unless the entire track gets replaced. I have a feeling it's only a matter of time that El Toro is closed for a year or two so it can have the entire track rebuilt. Knowing Six Flags though, I doubt they'd do that. They probably won't spend the money to re track the ride so it's just gonna get rougher and rougher over the years to the point nobody likes it anymore

Mike Meyers wrote:Is it true that El Toro hasn't been running very well lately. I've heard that the ride has gotten extremely rough and it doesn't provide as much airtime as before because it seems to be running so slow lately. It's sad to see the BEST roller coaster in the entire world, in my opinion, go down hill so quickly by becoming rough and the park slowing the ride down so much. I haven't ridden El Toro since 2013 and in the last few years is when I've heard these reports that El Toro had gotten very rough and doesn't provide as much insane ejector airtime as it used to because the park isn't maintaining it/taking care of it as they should.

Foolishness, Speculation and Mis-information
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:06 pm

I was just there in August. There is only one thing wrong with El Toro, and that's that they make you put everything in a fluffy bunny before you ever get in the line. The ride is fast, smooth, and awesome. If you don't like it, fine, but then roller coasters might not be a good hobby for you.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:15 am

Mike Meyers wrote:Is it true

Mike Meyers wrote:I've heard

Mike Meyers wrote:It's sad to see

Mike Meyers wrote:I haven't ridden El Toro since 2013

Mike Meyers wrote:when I've heard these reports

Mike Meyers wrote:the park isn't maintaining it/taking care of it as they should.

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: This guy.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Lightnin Loops » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:02 pm

I miss going to the park. Its going to kill me to wait till March to get my Ka fix. 2018 is gonna be a awesome year at sfgadv, the best ever

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Satans Hockey » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:01 pm

There's nothing wrong with El Toro. I'm looking forward to getting out to the park more this year. This whole year on the east coast is going to be a blast. Can't wait to get down to Kings Dominion a bunch of times too.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Great Adventure launches animal outreach programs

JACKSON ─ Six Flags Great Adventure will unveil new animal outreach programs that bring the safari into classrooms, senior centers, after-school programs and clubs.

Wild Encounters will offer three program options that teach about animals’ characteristics, habitats, history and diets, while showcasing live animals and their caretakers.

“Wild Encounters allows us to bring the fun, excitement and educational aspects of the safari to animal lovers, wherever they are,” said Dr. Bill Rives, director and chief veterinarian of Great Adventure’s safari and animal education programs.

Animal educators will present various exotic birds, reptiles, snakes and mammals. Lesson plans are developed by Six Flags’ state-certified teacher and correspond with the New Jersey Student Learning Standards.

Programs include “Fur, Feathers and Scales,” which focuses on the differences among reptiles, mammals and birds for kindergartners through fifth-graders; “Behind the Biology,” which focuses on the importance of animal training through positive reinforcement and its role in animal care for sixth- through eighth-graders; and “Six Flags,” which will design a program to fit specific needs or criteria.

For more information, call 732-928-2000, ext. 2221, or email safariprograms@sixflags.com.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:32 am

Oh sweet, that's a really great idea. A lot of zoos have similar programmes (our local zoo has done that for years), and the kids get a kick out of it. Plus, it's basically advertising for the park.

I love that they have a customizable option, because I need their bull brought to my kids' elementary school please. For education.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MitchCaltabiano » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:25 am

https://twitter.com/sixflagsovertx/status/964242060705435648

https://twitter.com/sixflagsovertx/status/964279681716506624

Over Texas’ tourbillon came in the other day, hopefully ours isnt too far behind. Park’s PR has been very quiet this offseason

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!