Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
GUACAMOLE IS MY FRIEND

Re: The Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Fooz » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Heres some crazy 1080p park footage by some amateur video guys with nice cameras and post-processing. Its a little cheesy but the footage is amazing! If you havent been to kings dominion this certainly shows some of the areas really well.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby khowe22 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:02 pm

So...I'm in Richmond, but haven't gone to KD yet. I need some advice on the best day (that I have available) to go. The options are: this Friday from around 1pm to close, all day Saturday, or all day Sunday. Also...I am going to BGW on the weekend as well, so that's something else to consider. My initial plan was BGW Saturday and KD Sunday. However, I will be done with my work duties around 1130 on Friday, so that is why that day is now an option. I just want to try and go on the best day possible even though fri-sun isn't ideal.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:15 pm

Avoid Saturday at all costs. Both Sunday and Friday aren't very crowded at all, I've been both and I can't say which was better off the top of my head.
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby megametal » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Sundays at KD aren't bad, crowd-wise in my experience. However, you may be able to get everything in that you want even with the shorter time on Friday, though it's usually more crowded than Sunday is. I'd say go with Sunday so you can do re-rides.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby greenspandan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:52 am

of those choices, i'd definitely pick sunday. fridays are just as crowded as sundays, i believe.

going to KD (or any park, really) on a saturday is just unbearable for me.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby SonOfBeastSucks » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:04 am

I went to the park for the first time on Tuesday. It wasn't busy at all, possibly because there were thunderstorms in the forecast. Despite the forecast, it didn't rain at all! We were at the front of the pack that was lead back to I305 in the morning and rode it four times in a row with just a 2-3 minute wait each time. The longest wait of the day was Volcano around 11:30, which was 20-30 minutes. Crowds got even lighter throughout the day - we were able to ride Dominator six times in a row either without getting off or just switching rows when someone was waiting to get in the row we were in. All the coasters either met or exceeded my expectations. I305 was AMAZING. It may be my new favorite coaster! If there is bad weather in the forecast on the day you plan to go, consider taking the risk - it may be worth it! =)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:31 am

Alright, my parents made it official...we're going to Kings Dominion on August 15th! I can't wait to ride Intimidator 305 in it's prime! Dominator & Volcano, HERE I COME!
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby jmicha » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:44 pm

I'm going to be at Kings Dominion this Sunday for the first time ever and am looking for some advice on a game plan to get everything in credit wise. From the most recent discussion it seems Sunday was the right choice for the park and that makes me happy as I'm really hoping to be able to get as many rides in as possible and have time for rerides on I305 and others. Is it realistic to expect to be able to ride all the coasters (minus Taxi Jam) at least once on a Sunday? I have no idea when the next time I'd have the opportunity to travel to Virginia would be so I would like to get the most out of my first visit to the park. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:56 pm

^You should tackle the park with no problem. Dominator is a guaranteed walk-on after 4PM and hit Volcano early in the morning...Kings Dominion is a very easy full-day park!
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby jmicha » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:09 pm

^That's great to hear. And I'm hoping to get to ride Dominator a few times at least. It was my favorite ride at Geauga Lake and getting to ride it again will be nice. We're probably going to hit the water park in the middle of the day (hooray for 100+ degree temperatures) so I'm thinking that the best idea would be to hit the most popular rides in the morning before the water park, then finish up the rest of the park after the water park and then hopefully have time for rerides and night rides on I305 :p

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!