Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
token black guy

Re: The Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby jarmor » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:46 am

SharkTums wrote:I have been told that this coaster has the most sustained positive G's that Robb has ever experienced on a coaster! Pretty crazy!

We'll have lots more details tonight!

april fools?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:48 am

^No.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:20 am

Not that it matters, but I think I like the color scheme on Carowinds' Intimidator better.

But looks like a pretty sweet ride, great addition to Kings Dominion

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby willh51 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:22 am

SharkTums wrote:I have been told that this coaster has the most sustained positive G's that Robb has ever experienced on a coaster! Pretty crazy!

Holy moly! I cannot wait. I wanted to drive up there but I can't do it after just going to Carowinds last weekend.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Bizarro at SFNE 4. Millennium Force 5. Raptor
6. Batman & Robin: The Chiller (defunct) 7. Nitro 8. Apollo's Chariot 9. Afterburn (Carowinds) 10. Lightning Racer

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby coastered » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:46 am

andyuk200523 wrote:Looks like a good strong ride, only wish I was closer in the world to be able to ride this!!!!

You're not the only one. I used to be on the TPR IntimadeTour 2010, but I had to cancel it.
No I have to wait at least 2 years before I am able to ride I305
Top 10 favorite coasters: 1.Wildfire (Kolmarden), 2.Helix (Liseberg), 3.Shambhala (PortAventura), 4.Red Force (Ferrari Land), 5.Nemesis (Alton Towers), 6. EGF (Holiday Park), 7.Montu (BGT), 8.Tatsu (SFMM), 9.Manta (SWO), 10.Balder (Liseberg)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby willh51 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:04 pm

From a Times-Dispatch article:

"Nine-year-old coaster enthusiast Josh Rachlin said, “Oh my God, that’s the best coaster I’ve ever ridden!“ His dad, Doug, added, “My favorite part is the smoothness. That makes me happy."

- Good to hear.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Bizarro at SFNE 4. Millennium Force 5. Raptor
6. Batman & Robin: The Chiller (defunct) 7. Nitro 8. Apollo's Chariot 9. Afterburn (Carowinds) 10. Lightning Racer

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:35 pm

Elissa, did Robb say anything about grey outs on I305? I know Millie was known for causing grey outs...

Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:43 pm

willh51 wrote:From a Times-Dispatch article:

"Nine-year-old coaster enthusiast Josh Rachlin said, “Oh my God, that’s the best coaster I’ve ever ridden!“ His dad, Doug, added, “My favorite part is the smoothness. That makes me happy."

- Good to hear.

To be fair, 9 year olds (myself included when I was that age) will say any tall ride is the "best ride ever!!1!1!1111!!." And the smoothness is a given with today's ride design technology!

That said, the positive force on this thing looks beyond beastly, and the airtime on the first hill looks pretty good too. I can't really judge since I'll probably never ride it, but it looks like those trims REALLY kill the airtime on the 2nd airtime hill. That said, I'm going to hold off any validity to that comment until we get some actual reviews of this thing.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby coastered » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Speeddeamon128 wrote:This looks awesome in action! I'm looking forward to comparing this to Millennium Force.

CorkscrewFoley wrote:Elissa, did Robb say anything about grey outs on I305? I know Millie was known for causing grey outs...

If I'm right I305 will be the winner of this battle, because MF is famous for having no forces of any kind at all.
Top 10 favorite coasters: 1.Wildfire (Kolmarden), 2.Helix (Liseberg), 3.Shambhala (PortAventura), 4.Red Force (Ferrari Land), 5.Nemesis (Alton Towers), 6. EGF (Holiday Park), 7.Montu (BGT), 8.Tatsu (SFMM), 9.Manta (SWO), 10.Balder (Liseberg)

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby gforce532 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:02 pm

I appears to have the best of both worlds with extreme positive and extreme negative Gs.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!