Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Way Close to Knoebels!

Re: The Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Josh Linn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:42 pm

And the personal attacks keep raining in. Again I'll reference a previous quote:

I've said several times in this thread that I'm excited to ride it and am going out of my way to drive 6-7 hours to ride it

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby noticias24 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:44 pm

Josh Linn wrote:And the personal attacks keep raining in. Again I'll reference a previous quote:

I've said several times in this thread that I'm excited to ride it and am going out of my way to drive 6-7 hours to ride it

I want to point out that I was not referring to you in my message! just my general point of view about the subject after reading many of the posts here. ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:49 pm

^^ No one is "personally attacking" you. That would be saying things like you're an idiot, you're stupid, you have no knowledge, you don't know what you're talking about, etc., which no one has done. People (including the owner of this website) are simply making the suggestion that you try it first before passing judgement and putting it down so quickly, or just try to have a positive attitude, despite the minor "inconvenience," as you call it.

Personally I couldn't care less about the restraints. Every other Intamin I've been on with them has been great, so I don't mind them at all. Looking forward to possibly riding this in August.

Way Close to Knoebels!

Postby Josh Linn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:20 pm

FeelTheFORCE wrote:^^ No one is "personally attacking" you. That would be saying things like you're an idiot, you're stupid, you have no knowledge, you don't know what you're talking about, etc., which no one has done. People (including the owner of this website) are simply making the suggestion that you try it first before passing judgement and putting it down so quickly, or just try to have a positive attitude, despite the minor "inconvenience," as you call it.

Personally I couldn't care less about the restraints. Every other Intamin I've been on with them has been great, so I don't mind them at all. Looking forward to possibly riding this in August.

Again, I've said I'm excited to ride it and am going to the park this summer to do so. I said it could possibly be an inconvenience to riders, and like I said, I have enough things going on in my life that I don't need to be belittled and sworn at on the internet. I get this enough in real life.

I've said the same thing several times about how excited I am to ride it, but it's like people ignore that part just to step all over me.

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Hmm, I wasn't aware that simply saying "maybe it's best to wait until you actually ride it before forming such a firm opinion" was so vulgar and insulting.

Way Close to Knoebels!

Postby Josh Linn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:37 pm

FeelTheFORCE wrote:Hmm, I wasn't aware that simply saying "maybe it's best to wait until you actually ride it before forming such a firm opinion" was so vulgar and insulting.

It wasn't even a firm opinion. I said it could possibly be an inconvenience to some riders. Everyone is making me out to be this bad, evil person and I don't get why. I didn't do anything wrong.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Feel the Force and Josh Linn - Points/Concerns are expressed and noted.

You both "AGREE" that riding I305 will be the true test, let's leave it at that as you are on the same page.

As a moderator I don't view either one of you as being evil. ;)
Last edited by larrygator on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:58 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:55 pm

I'm personally stoked that this ride has more of a twister layout than MF. I liked MF...didn't really love it. I know airtime isnt the only thing that defines a ride, but it also has alot of stretched out transitions. i305 looks to have more sharper directional changes and I can't wait til June so I can check this out for myself
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:58 pm

^ Yeah, definitely. If this animation picture is what the real thing is going to be, then that's awesome!

That's some serious articulation!

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:08 pm

^Exactly my point. Me rikey. Me rikey a rot.
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!