Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: The Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:25 pm

So nobody knows whether the plaza for Intimidator 305 is complete or not...?

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:29 pm

^ Hey, I see you are new to the site. First off, welcome!
Secondly, you just posted the same question an hour ago. Maybe wait a little more time (a few days perhaps) for someone to respond before asking again? I know there is a lot of excitement over this ride, but it may be that no one with that knowledge saw your initial post yet.

Thanks, and welcome to TPR!

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:33 pm

dougstanton wrote:
kingsdominionlvr wrote:
pkdcoaster wrote:That thick bar part is still there. it is just hidden by the angle.

the only difference I see is the enlarged "ear" pads

JEFF

If you look at the seat directly behind the one I circled in the I305 picture, it does not appear to have the thick bar part.

If you look at the train in the concept art, it still has the thick bars for both seats in between the seats, like on Fahrenheit.

Exactly, You can see them here...

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:47 pm

robbalvey wrote:I don't understand what the big deal is.

Look at it this way: Would you like EGF as much as you do if it had these restraints? Or Bizarro? Or the Mega-Lites? I'm pretty sure I would not. To me, part of what is good about Mega/Giga coasters is the relatively minimal restraints.

I think I understand why the park did this, but I sure as heck hope this does not become a trend.

Is it a *big* deal? Probably not. I'll still likely make the 10 hour drive some time this year.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:01 pm

I don't understand what the big deal is.

There is no big deal about it. It's just that enthusiasts always want everything to go their way. When they don't get their own way, they b^tch and moan about it until they get over it. It's a natural part of the theme park off season announcements and construction.

Everyone complained about I305's layout when it was first announced.
Everyone is complaining about Thirteen right now.
I remember people being upset over Shoot the Rapids
Diamondback, Fahrenheit, Maverick, etc... etc... etc... They always complain.

In fact, I can't remember a year when coaster enthusiasts didn't complain about [insert new ride name here] ever (maybe in the early 2000s, but I can't really remember). It'll die down once opening day approaches and reviews start flowing in.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:26 pm

The main issue is, to me anyway, that there's a ride in the very same park that goes upside down 4 times and doesn't have OTSR's, yet a ride that has 0 inversions and has no need for them does...especially considering the fact that there are umpteen rides similar to it that operate with lap bars. The absolute best case scenario is that the restraints don't cause any discomfort and are basically just "there". In other words, they'd still be useless/pointless.

As someone who's not exactly tall (5'7") and has had issues with similar restraints, I think it's a reasonable concern.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:24 am

Josh Linn wrote:The main issue is, to me anyway, that there's a ride in the very same park that goes upside down 4 times and doesn't have OTSR's, yet a ride that has 0 inversions and has no need for them does...especially considering the fact that there are umpteen rides similar to it that operate with lap bars. The absolute best case scenario is that the restraints don't cause any discomfort and are basically just "there". In other words, they'd still be useless/pointless.

I don't understand why this matters or why there is even a pointless discussion about it. It has OTSR's. BIG F**KING DEAL!!! Lots of coasters do. Lots of coasters don't. Deal with it.

Here's a thought.

Wait until the ride opens.

If you like it. Ride it a lot.

If you don't like it. Don't ride it.

There you go...
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:37 am.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:26 am

netdvn wrote:
I don't understand what the big deal is.
Everyone complained about I305's layout when it was first announced.

Not everyone. Please don't speak for me.

Thank you.

--Robb

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:35 am

/\ it's been happening since the russian ice slides ;)

"ice is too soft! it needs to be resurfaced"
"no rerides!!! this place sucks"
"the layout is totally lame"

you can find TR's on RRC :lmao:

JEFF

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:51 am

I simply hope the transitions aren't too brutal with these restraints. Who knows, if the ride is a pain in the neck (literally) with these restraints maybe they make a change in the future, if they aren't then great - the ride will be a blast.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS