Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1874 - Coconut Shores coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:22 pm

That sounds the same as the others, but I thought that the others had the police dodging THEN the subway stairs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there anything different other than that?
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Will_Holder » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:24 pm

I'm excited about this. People can say all they want about how boring the others are, but I think this is good for PKD. The theming on Tomb Raider this past year was excellent and they are going to follow that up on the "Stunt Coaster".

What else is good is that all the whiney enthusiasts who are complaining about the ride won't be stinking up the lines while I wait. Everybody wanted some kind of B&M so to that I say, go down south about an hour, BGW has a nice pair to shut your mouths.

I'm ready to get shot at by a helicopter.
Will Holder - Co-Host of "In The Loop"
El Toro makes my ass come out of the seat.

Banned

Postby M_Force_4_ever » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:32 pm

yay another low capacity launched coaster for PKD!!!!! hey at least Hypersonic and Volcano are exciting, can't say the same for FOF (either) or IJ, but atleast IJ has cool themeing

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:33 pm

It is another clone. But I am happy because I am planning to take a trip to PKd in 2006. So, YAY!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby chauncey » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:36 pm

I really love the one Premier ride I've been on (The Revenge Of The Mummy), and the other ones all look really amazing, to me. I'm glad they're getting to build more stuff! There rides are, at the very least, different! Not like, say, B&M where once you know the formula, you know what's going to happen with 99% certainty! That's boring. Premier looks to be building the kind of rides where no matter how many times you ride you never know what's going to happen next! I like that.

This coaster certainly doesn't seem to use really use Premier's full capabilities, but they already have one which does (Flight of Fear), and it looks like it will be a lot of fun, regardless! While it isn't anything amazing, I think it will probably be more than just another credit.

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:38 pm

Will_Holder wrote:I'm excited about this. People can say all they want about how boring the others are, but I think this is good for PKD. The theming on Tomb Raider this past year was excellent and they are going to follow that up on the "Stunt Coaster".

I would normally say its good for a park except they already have three other launches. I dont mind it being a family ride but c'mon, get some diversity!!!

The thing I disliked most about the ride is that 80%+ of the effects were'nt working when I rode, so the only thing I could really enjoy was the coaster part, and it wasn't all that good.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby SonOfBeastSucks » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:45 pm

I have ridden PKI's version, it is decent.

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:05 pm

I hated PKIs.....
When I went to PKI you needed to get a pass to ride it. They gave passes out when the park opened before the ride did... If you didnt have a pass you didnt get to ride... By 12pm they had a "all out of passes" sign up....

My time stamp was 12.30.... By 12 they had not even started testing....... I got in line at 2pm I didnt get on till around 3!.... so I had a 12.30 pass... and got on after 3pm................ :roll:

I got the front seat.. So that was cool I guess.. but over all the ride sucked.. The launchs are tame. Launch #3 I didnt even know it had till I was told it did have it... I didnt feel the "fishtail".... Oh yeah... and when its 100*s out... The last thing I needed was fireballs going off in my face :?

The lameass sign saying "hahaha you didnt get a pass yet.. well you cant ride!"

A POV photo of the """water splash""

Full Fledged Katonga Enthusiast

Postby Scaparri » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:35 pm

I really hate clones, but I guess it's logical for PKD. I just always hope for something original that will actually push me to go to the park. Oh well, it's pretty sweet that they have four launched coasters now. I'm all about launching.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby scruffy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:36 pm

Canobie Fan wrote:I hated PKIs.....
When I went to PKI you needed to get a pass to ride it. They gave passes out when the park opened before the ride did... If you didnt have a pass you didnt get to ride... By 12pm they had a "all out of passes" sign up....

The passes to ride was when the coaster was testing out. When I went in July you could get on with out a pass if you had a Gold card they would give you a speed pass you could cut in line like a fast pass. The coaster is slow and very short.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!