Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: The Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:53 am

^The water to fill that dummy has got to come from somewhere; perhaps this dummy has expensive tastes.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby odene497 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:04 am

There's a ghost in the back seat!
i305.JPG

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:48 am

^ thats too funny!

v This isn't.

Uh-Oh! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

KDFansite is on total lockdown. It's never been this bad...

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coolhandluke » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:25 pm

^That's just sad that the site had to do that.

Seriously, those restraints really aren't all that surprising. I'm sure I'm not the most nerdy enthusiast around, and it didn't take me more than 5 minutes on RCDB to catch Intamin's pattern...All Intamin's OTSRs have been like that since 2007, which seems to be the transition year in their design (Maverick has the plainer, "un-ridged" restraints, but Desert Storm and Furius Baco have the newer style). Since then, it looks like all of them have been that style (Avatar Airbender, Fahrenheit, iSpeed, etc). Except the 4D ones (and Tornado, it appears), of course.

I've never had a problem with Intamin's restraints, so I'm incredibly excited for this. I'll be in Virginia Beach this summer, but I dunno that I could convince my family to pass on Busch Gardens and drive longer just for more coasters and a new giga. Actually, I dunno if i can convince myself of that. But 305 is making it tough.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 pm

It's awesome that so many people are excited about this ride, and don't mind the restraints.

I'm certainly not going to make a special trip for this one, though, considering how much I disliked Maverick and its restraints.

To some people, it's not important. To me, it's very important. Not on some obscure principle, but in terms of whether or not the ride experience is an enjoyable one. For me, with my body type or whatever, those restraints completely suck.

No, I (of course) haven't ridden it. I haven't been run over by a bus either, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it.

It's just a shame they went to all that trouble, for no reason (from my perspective). Might as well have built it underwater.

/Captain downer.
//Shorter lines for you guys.
///Millennium Force for the win.
Last edited by Electerik on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:07 pm.
Erik Allen Elness

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby KPfreak519 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:24 pm

First of all, I just want to say that although I would have much preferred those shoulder straps, I really don't think these will ruin the ride experience or anything, Maverick (despite that I find the restraint rather annoying) is still one of my favorite coasters. But for the record, Intamin has been using these "new" restraints since at least Fahrenheit (see for Farhenheit's OTSR) and I really didn't notice any improvement over the Storm Runner/Maverick "thicker" restraints. Again, Im not trying to say "OMG THIS RIDE WILL SUCK NOW" or anything but to those of you who seem to think these will be significantly better than Maverick's restraints, you might want to lower your expectations a bit.
PITTSBURGH PENGUINS 2009 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Go Hokies

I love hearing myself talk!!!!!

Postby kingsdominionlvr » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Here is a side by side comparison, as you can see there is a bit of a difference between I305, Maverick, and Fahrenheit's restraints particularly in the way the actual restraints are connected to the seats.
white.jpg
From left to right... Maverick, Fahrenheit, and I305

El Toro Make Me Erect

Postby HCLcoasters » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:18 pm

I really don't like the restraints on Storm Runner but I love them on Fahrenheit and the I305 straps look like Fahrenheit's so I'm happy.

See you all on opening day.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby itsasamccormick » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Ladies and Gents,

It is not an easy decision to make, but I feel at this point a necessary one. The forum is currently closed until further notice.

For those of you who know me, you know my philosophy is simple. I am all for the freedoms we hold in the country. I believe if you have something to say, you should say it. I believe the more rules you have, the more freedoms you are taking away. With KDfansite it was hard, but found necessary to come up with rules to keep the site in a family friendly category. I also know that when these rules went in to place, the site went from fun to work.

I have stood by and watched as people complained every time a construction update was missed, a free service I did out of my own pocket. I have watched people argue over how cheap Cedar Fair is to not add a few extra feet to an already tall Giga coaster. I have watch you go back and forth personally insulting me, my friends, and the park I love. The final straw for me was when you attacked the Marketing staff for the job they are doing in keeping the coaster community happy.

Kings Dominion has jumped over hoops to keep us as informed as possible. They have set up events with ERT, charity events, and even a camp out at the front gate. They do all this for a group of people who not only make up less than 1 percent of the visitors to their park each year, but who are complaining every step of the way.

Today is one of the few days I am sad and embarrassed to be a coaster enthusiast. As a group all it seems we do is complain, bicker, and argue, and ask for more than we deserve.

I respect John, Ed, and the rest of the KD staff for what they have to do to open a coaster of this magnitude. I want to thank KD for everything they did this off season to keep everyone informed. They went way above and beyond the call of duty to please us.

As for all events that are hosted by KDfansite. As of right now there are no changes. They will go on as planed unless KD says otherwise.

The future of the forums is currently up in the air. I will talk with Brian, Lauren, Katie, and Nick about where we should go from here.

People on KD fansite are crazy....

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Y'know what? Good for Clint. It's sad how a couple of complainers freak out about a new coaster, and then end up going to far. Personally attacking ANYONE over a ROLLER COASTER is borderline crazy. Every single coaster enthusiast is just trying to have fun, there is absolutely no need to turn it into a hassle.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!