Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 1882: The Crypt officially closed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:54 pm

WolfBobs wrote:I rode Batman at SFFT and hated it.. like really hated it.

Then I tried Joker at both SFGAdv and SFGAm (for the credit lol) and they were both much more tolerable but not something I would ride more than once a trip. So maybe I need to give each one a shot.

Batman at SFFT is the first one they installed, and flips more than many of the others.

You have to ride it aggressively: Restraint as tight as you can get it, and pushed back into the seat (arms pushing you back from the restraint bars). if you flip WITH the seats? it's a fantastic ride. If you go in "loose"?. . it will toss you like being inside a dryer with every flip and knock the crap out of you.

Arashi at Nagashima Spaland flips more than any S&S Freespin I've EVER been on. seriously. but I really liked it. among my faves in the park - hell, bought both a T-shirt and a magnet featuring it.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Free Spins arent for everyone, but they're still a decent addition for any park. Cheap to build, dont take up much room, and maintenance doesnt seem bad since Six Flags is able to keep theirs running reliably. I wonder if this is a one off, or if we'll start seeing them at multiple CF parks.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby WolfBobs » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:29 pm

I definitely don't see it as a negative for any small to medium park. Will one of these show up at Point? Probably not. But for KD I think it would be an awesome addition even tho personally I dont really enjoy the flipping.

I also wouldn't mind at all if CF took a page from the SF book and added these to multiple parks, maybe Valleyfair and/or MIA (haha who am I kidding right?) and WoF could all be candidates for one of these if it goes over well at KD or if there is one of those mythical package deals where they get a discount to buy more than one.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Eyebrows » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:13 am

Happy would-be opening day to all those (myself included) who would have gone today if the park were open!

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Fri May 08, 2020 7:09 am

Some pics from the park in April 2010.

Intimidator 305 had only been open about a week.

This was I believe a week or so after Easter, but the park was dead. I ended up getting about 7 rides on I-305 and greyed out on each and every one!

Enjoy!
VA Trip 010.JPG
VA Trip 011.JPG
VA Trip 012.JPG
VA Trip 013.JPG
VA Trip 014.JPG
VA Trip 015.JPG
VA Trip 016.JPG
VA Trip 017.JPG
VA Trip 018.JPG
VA Trip 019.JPG
VA Trip 020.JPG
VA Trip 021.JPG
VA Trip 022.JPG
VA Trip 023.JPG
VA Trip 024.JPG
VA Trip 025.JPG
VA Trip 026.JPG
VA Trip 027.JPG
VA Trip 028.JPG
VA Trip 032.JPG
VA Trip 033.JPG
VA Trip 034.JPG
VA Trip 035.JPG
VA Trip 287.JPG
VA Trip 288.JPG

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby tanthonyam » Fri May 08, 2020 7:24 pm

was that que ever completely full?

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sat May 09, 2020 12:15 am

Ugh, I love this ride so much. And it’s non-existent lines. Does the trim still bite as hard as it did in 2015?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoasterNerd87 » Sat May 09, 2020 5:16 am

tanthonyam wrote:was that que ever completely full?

I've seen it full and backed all the way up to the tunnel on Saturdays during Haunt and Holiday weekends (which is why I avoid those).

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!