Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 1882: The Crypt officially closed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:47 am

Rayj wrote:Debating if I want to go to KD or Hershey....volcano being down is kinda pushing me towards Hershey. Also, I’ve never ridden skyrush.

Dang! Before this year's visit, I would have said it's an easy call, go to Hershey! But after riding the amazing Twisted Timbers... It's REALLY, REALLY close!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:27 am

With Volcano down for the count, and its only one or the other, I'd save KD for another year and just go to Hershey. The parks are both great with great lineups, tho Hershey is a bit nicer. But Volcano is a must at KD, so I'd save the park til its up and running.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Rayj » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:18 am

Thank you all for your feedback. I have decided to go with KD just because they did the $29.99 ticket sale and I couldn’t pass that up. I’ll just have to catch volcano next year. I may try to fit Hershey in some weekend in late July or August, but thanks!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Crunchewy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Rayj wrote:Thank you all for your feedback. I have decided to go with KD just because they did the $29.99 ticket sale and I couldn’t pass that up. I’ll just have to catch volcano next year. I may try to fit Hershey in some weekend in late July or August, but thanks!

Aside from the great (not counting Anaconda) coasters, definitely ride the excellent flume, drop tower and the Scrambler. I rode that for the first time there on my last trip and it was fantastic. I mean yeah it's just a scrambler, but they were running it super fast. I'll definitely be hitting that ride a lot more. I mean I love Scramblers. They are fun and unlike most spinning rides, don't make me sick. And this one is really great.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Rayj » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:00 pm

I’ve been at the park since 10 and I’m glad I rode intimidator in the morning. It’s been closed for most of the day and flight of fear has been down for at least 3 hours. You know Safari village is cursed when anaconda is the only coaster that didn’t break down in the area lol. Timbers was down only for an hour and I finally got to ride it, definitely worth the hype!

Also, I’ve heard that volcano will be closed for the rest of the season in order to renovate the mountain and implement a new operating system. Supposedly, KD will inform the public of this within the next week.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:48 pm

I just saw a review mention Twisted Timbers is now banning all cell phones, even in pockets. Can anyone else confirm?
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Nickelodeon Universe (MN) & Family Kingdom

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby appel » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I just saw a review mention Twisted Timbers is now banning all cell phones, even in pockets. Can anyone else confirm?

http://www.nbc12.com/story/38419337/woman-injured-by-flying-cell-phone-on-roller-coaster
Maybe because of this story......

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby VACoasterdude » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 am

Not sure how a complete ban on cell phones would be enforced except in cases where it is visible to park employees before entering the ride. Are they going to require everyone go through a metal detector before entering the queue? Is somebody going to stop me and require I empty my pockets to prove that the bulge is my wallet and not a cell phone? They would have to have a security guard or someone with a little authority at the entrance to enforce this as the last time I was at KD the lone park employee stationed at the entrance was ineffective in forcing riders to use a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo for their backpacks. The fencing and area surrounding the entrance was littered with at least 50 back packs that riders left there instead.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:17 pm.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby jconsolmagno » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:56 am

VACoasterdude wrote:Not sure how a complete ban on cell phones would be enforced except in cases where it is visible to park employees before entering the ride. Are they going to require everyone go through a metal detector before entering the queue? Is somebody going to stop me and require I empty my pockets to prove that the bulge is my wallet and not a cell phone? They would have to have a security guard or someone with a little authority at the entrance to enforce this as the last time I was at KD the lone park employee stationed at the entrance was ineffective in forcing riders to use a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo for their backpacks. The fencing and area surrounding the entrance was littered with at least 50 back packs that riders left there instead.

When I was there 2 weekends ago, they had security in the station watching as riders boarded throughout the weekend.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:17 pm.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:39 am

At Great Adventure it's basically an honor system thing. Generally we flash our fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo receipt as we enter the line and they just waive us through.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!