Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1858 - New shows & food for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby BeansproutMidget » Fri May 25, 2018 6:12 am

coasterdude28 wrote:I'm planning to make a trip down to KD sometime next week to check out TT and get my yearly I305 laps in. Do you think it would be better to go on Monday (Memorial Day) when the park is open until 11:00pm or during the week when the park is only open until 6:00pm? I'm leaning towards during the week but that's a long drive for a short day. And when do area schools get out for summer break? Thanks, can't wait to ride my first RMC!!

While I would personally wait until Tuesday to avoid crowds, there is rain in the forecast on Monday, which could scare off some guests. However, it's still Memorial Day weekend, one of the craziest weekends of the year. As for schools, the counties closer to the park (Caroline, Hanover) should be out of school.
1. Maverick
What a wonderful day to go ride a giga...
Kings Dominion Ride Attendant(2018) - Intimidator 305

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby coasterdude28 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:20 am

BeansproutMidget wrote:While I would personally wait until Tuesday to avoid crowds, there is rain in the forecast on Monday, which could scare off some guests. However, it's still Memorial Day weekend, one of the craziest weekends of the year. As for schools, the counties closer to the park (Caroline, Hanover) should be out of school.

Thanks for the input. I didn't realize schools got out so early down there. I think we'll pick one of he weekdays and avoid the holiday weekend crowds.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby dakota381 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:53 am

Just did a quick Google search for school calendars and found Hanover county public schools last day is June 14th. I can't find anything on Caroline county.

**Edit** Here it is. May 23rd. Dang. Am planning a trip the 2nd week of June hoping the kiddos would still be in school. :?r
2017-2018 Calendar ADOPTED 1-17-17 front and back.pdf
(348.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Wood: 27 Steel: 102 Total: 129
http://coaster-count.com/list19687.xhtml

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Fri May 25, 2018 8:54 pm

Stopped in for 2 rides on twisted timbers on my way to Busch gardens, absolutely incredible ride. It's so much damn fun.

I know some people goof on the mystic timbers shed but I enjoyed it and after walking through the gift shop here it made me think of so many different things they could have done with a similar shed for this ride, between the twisted tree throwing apples and I'm not sure where they got this bear from but there's an evil stuffed teddy bear they are selling that's inside the hood of the truck in the gift shop, could have added him into one of the versions of the video too lol

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby CoasterAuditor » Sat May 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Appears Tornado has been removed from the parks website. I heard about this a few weeks back was hoping it wasn't true. Luckily proslide tornados are basically everywhere but in my opinion huge loss for Soak City. Those rides are so fun.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby beenagins87 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:20 pm

Question, if you have a platinum pass, do you get a discount on Fastlane??
Coasters: 121 ( 89 Steel, 32 Wood)

Top 10 Wood: 1 Lightning Rod 2. Goliath 3. The Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. American Thunder
6. The Legend 7. Thunderhead 8. The Boss 9. Great American Scream Machine 10. The Beast

Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. 1305 3. Maverick 4. Goliath (SFOG) 5. Fury 325 6. Twisted Timbers
7. Millenium Force 8.Twisted Cyclone 9. Top Thrill Dragster 10. TN Tornado

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Sat May 26, 2018 5:58 pm

beenagins87 wrote:Question, if you have a platinum pass, do you get a discount on Fastlane??

I don't believe so, I think cedar point is the only park that does that.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Mike240SX » Sat May 26, 2018 7:19 pm

beenagins87 wrote:Question, if you have a platinum pass, do you get a discount on Fastlane??

Nope
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun May 27, 2018 4:51 am

I can confirm no discount. Yesterday I bought it at one of the gift shops and he asked me for my pass and scanned it in and it literally said "no discount available" on the screen, lol

I can also confirm the standby line for Twisted Timbers yesterday must have been insane. Only one train running and moved agonizingly slow (unlike Steel Vengeance they still had Fast Lane going).

Twisted Timbers was a fantastic ride that only got better as the day went on. Also in the morning I got 3 rides in the back row of i305 without getting up and had an out of body experience lol.

Even though it was the holiday even if we didn't have fast lane we got a lot covered in the back of the park as everything was walk-on or past merge point in the early morning. As the day went on crowds got really heavy. The Dominator queue when we got there every single switchback was full and it was spilling out onto the Midway. FL+ got us right on and was sorely needed.

Unfortunately Volcano was closed for the entire day :(

Had an awesome day except it was hot as hell. Lots of breaks. Anyway, off to Busch today for food and wine festival!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby disownedpear » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:50 pm

Has Volcano been down this whole time? It was down all day yesterday too.
The Knoebels flyers are the greatest thrill ride ever made.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!