Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1875 - What's New at Haunt for 2019?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 am

steamedturtle wrote:The policy applies to I305, FoF and TT only. If you can put it in a pocket that's fine. So phone and keys, etc in your pocket is fine. The main things they are enforcing are bags, hats and glasses without straps as you enter the line. I've seen people put hats in their shirts and they're fine with that. It's nothing like Gadv's policy, where even if you have a phone in a zipper pocket, they'll make you put it in a fb.

that seemed to be Cedar Point's policy when I was there last year too. . . hats had to go down shirts, or be put in fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

(tho not sure if that's the case now with SV, or if everything needs to go in a FFBFWMAG)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Tue May 15, 2018 12:21 pm

bert425 wrote:
steamedturtle wrote:The policy applies to I305, FoF and TT only. If you can put it in a pocket that's fine. So phone and keys, etc in your pocket is fine. The main things they are enforcing are bags, hats and glasses without straps as you enter the line. I've seen people put hats in their shirts and they're fine with that. It's nothing like Gadv's policy, where even if you have a phone in a zipper pocket, they'll make you put it in a fb.

that seemed to be Cedar Point's policy when I was there last year too. . . hats had to go down shirts, or be put in fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

(tho not sure if that's the case now with SV, or if everything needs to go in a FFBFWMAG)

That's Knott's Berry Farm's policy, too. The one exception is Hangtime, where you can't wear glasses even with a lanyard. However, they still allowed me to keep my phone, wallet, keys, etc. in my pocket.
Seat, don't fail me now!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BeansproutMidget » Tue May 15, 2018 3:38 pm

Can confirm I305/FoF is like how the others mentioned. If you can secure your loose articles (hats/glasses/cellphones)in a safe pocket, you can ride with it. Glasses need a strap...but you guys seem to know the rest. :)

I'm just gonna thank you all for being so cooperative, whether you've visited the park yet or not. It's kinda nice to know not everybody is ready to tear our throats out when we say that the bins have been removed from the ride.
1. Maverick
What a wonderful day to go ride a giga...
Kings Dominion Ride Attendant(2018) - Intimidator 305

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby bill_s » Tue May 15, 2018 5:14 pm

I know Flight of Fear has had long waits this year despite removing the bins. I think it would do more good to move the guy standing by the entrance to inside to check seats.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby skyrocket010 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:47 pm

Please help! I have an upcoming trip to VA beach the first week of June. I would really like to visit one of the Virginia parks while I'm there but I'm stuck when it comes to choosing. On one hand I'd really like to do KD because I've been dying to try I-305 and Twisted Timbers. I've never ridden an RMC, and Millenium is the only giga I've experienced. However, after those 2 coasters nothing else really stands out to me. When it comes to Busch, there's nothing I'm particularly dying to ride but their coaster collection as a whole seems to catch my eye a little more than the remaining rides I'd have to choose from at KD. Which park would you suggest?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby steamedturtle » Fri May 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Well, you're wrong and you're right. KD has a great collection past I305 and TT. Many people would argue it has one of the best collections of coasters in the US. Dominator, Volcano, FoF, and R75 are all awesome too. And personally, I like Anaconda and Grizzly, but that's neither here nor there. BGW is just different. It's fantastic too. I don't think their coaster collection is nearly as good, but their coasters are great. Like I said, it's just different. It's beautiful, it's got some great rides and great beer. Nobody can choose for you. If you can, do both.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 pm

skyrocket010 wrote:Please help! I have an upcoming trip to VA beach the first week of June. I would really like to visit one of the Virginia parks while I'm there but I'm stuck when it comes to choosing. On one hand I'd really like to do KD because I've been dying to try I-305 and Twisted Timbers. I've never ridden an RMC, and Millenium is the only giga I've experienced. However, after those 2 coasters nothing else really stands out to me. When it comes to Busch, there's nothing I'm particularly dying to ride but their coaster collection as a whole seems to catch my eye a little more than the remaining rides I'd have to choose from at KD. Which park would you suggest?

One point to bear in mind is that Va. Beach is a lot closer to BGW, and summer traffic on the I-64 corridor can be a pain (especially the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel, Monitor-Merrimac Bridge Tunnel, and the construction zone between Newport News and Williamsburg). The drive from Va. Beach to KD is about two hours on a good day; it's about one hour to BGW.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Fri May 18, 2018 9:04 pm

Just going to add my 2 cents here. Been to both parks and if you really want the coaster experiences, go to Kings Dominion. Busch to me is more immersion into atmosphere. KD is more about the coasters and rides. 305 gets my vote every time and now with TT, oy !

Postby thrillrider » Sat May 19, 2018 7:00 am

Just a heads up to anyone heading to the park today.....
Screenshot_20180519-095930.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat May 19, 2018 12:31 pm

^At least we can presume that no squirrels were harmed this time.

(This a reference to the recent incident at Busch Gardens Tampa, FYI)
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!