Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 1882: The Crypt officially closed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:27 am

bobbie68 wrote:Hi sorry about that it is allowed on my other forums and I got confused which one I was on.

No worries. It simply makes more sense to consolidate your replies, rather than making multiple posts. It took me a while to master this, too.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Rougarou » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:59 am

@ KD now no one is here!!’
TT running both trains!!!!!
MARATHON
FD843864-6BB9-4D05-98BF-1C89E6E0FCCC.jpeg

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:01 am

^ And they're cool w/ you not putting your phone in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?

DILinator wrote:^Yeah, it definitely WAS an experience unlike any other! Its reputation as Intense with a capital I is well earned! I'll definitely give it another chance when I'm feeling better, and while I doubt it'll suddenly be a Top 5 coaster for me, I imagine I'll enjoy it more. Also, is it better in the very front, or very back? We only rode in the very back...

I like it better in the back just for the drop. My first ever ride was in the front (while raining) and that was quite the experience. I've ridden it toward the front a few times, I don't have that much of a preference overall but the drop is better in the back.
Last edited by boldikus on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:03 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:02 am

^You can use a "secured pocket."

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:03 am

Really? On opening day they weren't having any of that. I was still using my zippered pockets, but they were all about the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby CPmillenia94 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:10 am

boldikus wrote:Not an unreasonable assessment of I305. It's definitely in my top 5, but on a scale ranging from flat-out-fun to manic-intensity, its very far from fun. I find it to be almost an endurance challenge of sorts. I still love the sh*t out of it though, even though I can't believe it actually exists.

Call me a masochist, I think I305 is pure fun and totally re-rideable. To each their own..

Postby Afterburner » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:39 am

CPmillenia94 wrote:
boldikus wrote:Not an unreasonable assessment of I305. It's definitely in my top 5, but on a scale ranging from flat-out-fun to manic-intensity, its very far from fun. I find it to be almost an endurance challenge of sorts. I still love the sh*t out of it though, even though I can't believe it actually exists.

Call me a masochist, I think I305 is pure fun and totally re-rideable. To each their own...

I do too, normally. But if I were already feeling a bit iffy, I probably wouldn't want to do a lot of re-rides either.

Thankfully, KD is an awesome, well-balanced park with a ton of other great rides if you're not feeling up for an I305 marathon.

Postby Rougarou » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:29 am

^^^^^ I had a jacket with zip pockets
10 TT rides & out

Clint whoever you are your the KING of KD for riding TT 100 times in a row

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Card » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:57 am

I wore sunglasses through the queue of Twisted Timbers and when I reached the station, I was just instructed to put them away, which I did. Say what you will about cargo shorts, they are a must when I visit the parks. Yeah, they don't look good, but that's because I'M wearing them. Putting me in any type or brand of clothes automatically sullies their reputation.

Also, I305 is a great ride (DEFINITELY a motherfucker, intensity-wise) but I've always preferred Millennium Force for its legacy, commanding presence, and beauty, and Fury 325 for its fast, smooth, free, intense-but-not-wanting-to-kill-you ride experience. Don't know why I suddenly felt the need to drag the other domestic gigas into the conversation, but there you have it.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby hoppedup » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:26 am

I guess I need to revisit I305. I took 22 years off from riding coasters and it was the third one I rode after that break. Now I have 35 more coasters under my belt. It seemed super intense when I rode it. My daughter didn't want to re-ride I305 so we got many laps on Volcano, Dominator, FoF and Backlot the day we were there. We will probably stop by KD in June on our first big trip this summer since it's on the way home, even if it's just to ride TT and I305.

1995 - Last coaster ride was Thunder Road at Carowinds
2017 - Next three coaster rides: Dominator, Volcano, I305
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!