Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1858 - New shows & food for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterNerd87 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:51 am

ripleybl wrote:After the interview, she told me she also interviewed the "Head of Maintenance" of the ride and he gave a more detailed description, reason, and problems that were involved with the closing and removal of the coaster.

And by "Head of Maintenance" she meant former board operator....? Your part was awesome and well said, Kudos!

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby ripleybl » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:38 am

CoasterNerd87 wrote:
ripleybl wrote:After the interview, she told me she also interviewed the "Head of Maintenance" of the ride and he gave a more detailed description, reason, and problems that were involved with the closing and removal of the coaster.

And by "Head of Maintenance" she meant former board operator....? Your part was awesome and well said, Kudos!

LOLOLOL, that's why I put it in quotations because it sounded far fetched or more than likely I heard her wrong. Kristin, the reporter, did make her own conclusion that the mountain will definitely not be staying after digging around during her report and interviews. She called KD directly and they obviously declined to comment on anything. I don't know who else she interviewed to come up with that conclusion, but I think it's coming down too because it would make it so much easier to dismantle the coaster. Also, it would have to be more cost effective as well I would assume... Anyway, what the heck do I know... She didn't even want to put my name at the bottom of the screen

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:09 am

jrd64fan wrote:Just gonna put this out there:

Take a look at the shot of the Volcano in the news report posted above about 55 seconds into the video.

I'd be very surprised if the mountain stays.

I am not seeing anything that would make anyone come to that conclusion . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby disownedpear » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:29 am

I don't see the mountain staying, but maybe people will assume it will since it stayed after the last batch of attractions left it.
The Knoebels flyers are the greatest thrill ride ever made.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 pm

I know I'm late to the wake, but yeah, it's gonna be missed around here. The kiddo was only a couple of inches away from making the height requirement, and he's pretty disappointed as well that it's another coaster he'll never be able to ride. Personally, I'm happy for the good memories I had on it, but there's no denying that it was a total maintenance nightmare just from the sheer amount of downtime it's had. I hope whatever they end up replacing it with ends up faring a little better for the park down the road.
That coaster dad [331] and that coaster kiddo [176]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 pm

I must have been the bearer of a golden horseshoe since I never once saw the ride down in any of my visits over the years (even for a quick breakdown).
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Parc Saint Paul &Lake Compounce

Postby prozach626 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm

^We got lucky in 2015 with our one and only visit. It was operating all day.

If they'd just left the temporarily closed sign out front until next season no one would have known the difference. Isn't it part of the themeing, anyway? You wouldn't have had Facebook users demanding their money back for 2019 Season Passes. :butt:

I wonder when they'll start demolition. Seems like it would be a lot of trouble to save that tired looking volcano. I don't think it'll stay.

Postby thrillrider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:07 pm

I hope the volcano itself stays. It's one of the unique things about the park.
very few Parks have anything as unique as this left anymore. I like roller coasters, but I also like to have a theme park experience as well.... not just concrete and trash cans.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:09 pm

I'd love to see the volcano stay, but don't the supports go through the volcano? That's not to say they can't save the volcano; they'll just have to take volcano down more slowly.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Parc Saint Paul &Lake Compounce

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:36 pm

Nah they're just gonna set the entire thing on fire.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!