Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1858 - New shows & food for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:39 pm

coasterbill wrote:It did, but once it broke and they knew it was done for the season they took it off the list. When it was open it was on Fastlane Plus.

Yes I can confirm it was on the FastLane Plus and that was the only reason I was able to ride it multiple times. I went on a Friday in April when the park was empty. Everything was a walk on except Twisted Timbers at 15 minutes and Volcano at over an hour. That thing is never a walk-on.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Parc Saint Paul &Lake Compounce

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:32 pm

Any further updates on Volcano?

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:19 pm

you know the park is closed for the season . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Brose111688 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:38 am

Looking for some locals advice. I'm making a weekend trip to both Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens sometime in April. I've searched for ticket combos to keep the price down a bit but really haven't been able to find any solid information on it.Will there be a ticket online or is that more of a buy locally when you get there sort of thing? I'd be around Friday through Sunday. I'm assuming it would be better to hit up Busch Gardens on Friday and Kings Dominion on saturday since Busch probably gets bigger crowds? Planning to hit Richmond as well one of those days just to check out the city for a bit. Any info or advice is appreciated.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:28 am

"Combo Tickets" for both parks don't exist; they have different owners.

KD tickets will be approx. $20+ less than gate cost per person if you buy online in advance and choose what specific day you're going. The website is currently showing 2019 Any Day tickets for $39.99, which I believe is $20 off the gate price.

If you're going to any other CF parks this year, a Platinum Pass pays for itself in three trips when you consider parking.

Busch Gardens website is showing 1-day admission for $59.49 right now, down from $84.99 at the gate. That offer "expires Jan 30th."

Both parks should have minimal crowds on a weekend in April.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Brose111688 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:49 am

Mike240SX wrote:"Combo Tickets" for both parks don't exist; they have different owners.

KD tickets will be approx. $20+ less than gate cost per person if you buy online in advance and choose what specific day you're going. The website is currently showing 2019 Any Day tickets for $39.99, which I believe is $20 off the gate price.

If you're going to any other CF parks this year, a Platinum Pass pays for itself in three trips when you consider parking.

Busch Gardens website is showing 1-day admission for $59.49 right now, down from $84.99 at the gate. That offer "expires Jan 30th."

Both parks should have minimal crowds on a weekend in April.

My mistake then, though if you google Busch gardens/Kings dominion combo tickets there are multiple news stories from 2015 saying that they were going to start offering them. So at least at one time they did offer them. Besides I remember back in the day there was a Seaworld/Busch gardens/ Universal combo ticket down in Florida, so it isn't unheard of that parks under different companies offer combo tickets. I do appreciate the advice though. I'm in Pittsburgh, so if I can make it to Cedar Point/Kings Island this summer I'll probably end up getting the pass.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:50 am

Mike240SX wrote:"Combo Tickets" for both parks don't exist; they have different owners.

For what its worth, they actually did a few years ago, no idea if this is still an option, doesn't seem to be according to any google searches.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:08 pm

https://www.kingsdominion.com/blog/2019/park-update

Volcano is being removed from the park

Part of getting ready for a new operating season includes an expert evaluation of our rides and operations. As a part of that evaluation, every aspect of our rides and attractions are analyzed, from guest satisfaction, throughput and rider capacity to reliability, uptime and maintenance. After thorough evaluation, the decision has been made to remove Volcano: The Blast Coaster. This wasn’t an easy decision for us, because we know that people love this one-of-a-kind coaster; however, over time it became nearly impossible to keep the ride up to our high standards of reliability and guest satisfaction, and for these reasons we had to make the tough call. We apologize to anyone who is inconvenienced by the removal, but hope they will understand that it was done to enhance the overall guest experience here at Kings Dominion.

Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:28 pm.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:20 pm

For heavens sake this one hurts. Its a deep pain, deep down inside my heart.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:27 pm

Wow I knew the ride was a nightmare to maintain and I know it didn't operate the whole like second half of the year but I still never saw this coming. Completely out of left field.

Rest in peace.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!