TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Great Coasters and Knight Valley Partner for Major Woodie

Great Coasters and China OCT Partner for Major Woody

February 16, 2010

Great Coasters International, Inc. has been chosen to design/build a 4,817 ft (1,468 m) wood coaster for China OCT's Knight Valley. This behemoth will be GCI's largest single track coaster yet and will feature a 147 ft (44.8 m) lift and a wild 131 ft (40 m) triple-down first drop. Beginning the ride with a castle fly-through, the ride also has an exciting station fly-through (often a GCI signature), a station fly-by, and 80 degrees of banking. All of this is experienced while riding two Millennium Flyer trains, which are now the gold standard for wood coaster trains.

This amazing ride will open late this year, and GCI Coasters continue their reign as the biggest bargain in the business.

Height: 147.0

Drop: 131.2

Top Speed: 61.2

Length: 4,817

Full news and photos: http://www.greatcoasters.com/?p=news&s=archive&id=6

b2c3d4e5f6_full.jpg.098788531432921e55d7e8dde3333800.jpg

d4e5f6g7h8_full.jpg.29a7b92954a9332dea93c3dd57119216.jpg

a1b2c3d4e5_full.jpg.6deea5884c88dfa0bb028f822283ee6d.jpg

c3d4e5f6g7_full.jpg.65f99cd98d594103abb45ce4820ab884.jpg

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that is one of thee sickest looking first drop combos ever!!! this looks like a really fun intense wooden coaster not better then prowler but really close.

I love to watch these guys progress with every new coaster these guys make, they just get better and better. Imo they're like an Intamin of wooden coasters every design is something different and wild not like plug and play B&M imo

So, is this a new park? I'm familiar with the "Happy" Valley park chain. Did "Happy" get changed to "Knight" in translation?

Through Google I found a Knight Valley in Shenzhen, but is that the same as Happy Valley Shenzhen?

Just hoping that Robb (or one of the GCI guys reading this) can shed some light.

So, is this a new park? I'm familiar with the "Happy" Valley park chain. Did "Happy" get changed to "Knight" in translation?

Through Google I found a Knight Valley in Shenzhen, but is that the same as Happy Valley Shenzhen?

Just hoping that Robb (or one of the GCI guys reading this) can shed some light.

Yes, if you go to the GCI website, you can see that this is going to the park in Shenzhen.

This looks like a great coaster, and it is nice to see these massive wooden coasters being built in China. Hopefully more are on the way, as China certainly has the market for it. The ride itself looks immense, and GCI did a great job building it into the terrain.

Yes, if you go to the GCI website, you can see that this is going to the park in Shenzhen.

Larry knows that. That's not what he asked. He wants to know if Knight Valley Shenzhen is the same park as Happy Valley Shenzhen as there are many parks in Shenzhen! I honestly have no idea either and I'd like an answer to the question as well.

We all know it's going "Knight Valley" and that Knight Valley is in Shenzhen.

Why does it always has to be China who gets the best coasters for the last couple of years??

In Europe we are definitely in need of some great new rollercoasters NOW!!

The French (Walygator) are slowing things down with the construction of The Monster. I don't think it will open in 2010.

And up till now the worlds fastest rollercoaster @ Nurburg Ring Germany is a big fail. The latest rumors are the coasters topspeed will be trimmed down to only a slow 100 km/h.

The only other interesting rollercoaster build in Europe for 2010 will be Joris en de Draak @ Efteling.

This is interesting. OCT owns the Happy Valley and Window of the World parks in Shenzhen, but this looks to be a resort of sorts in a different area. Here is a link with some photos and information.

http://www.startinchina.com/shenzhen/tourism/oct_east.html

This seems to be the resort's official English website:

http://en.octeast.com/holidayPlan/aboutus.shtml

Ok and after a little searching I think I found the park's location. Here is a link to Google Maps:

Google Maps OCT East Location

Edited by packfanlv

I really like how GCI has been getting into terrain coasters. This one looks excellent (and definitely an enticement for a "best of China" trip), even if it's no Prowler. (All kidding aside, I'm really looking forward to both Prowler and Renegade on TPR's Mid-America Trip.)

That eco-adventure theme park sounds awesome! Even more so if it has a credit!

Typhoon Rescue

Hurricane Katrina that once attacked New Orleans comes back again. Extraterrestrial beings drive deep in the Earth to save the Earth as a tedious mission. Wisdom and courage fights abrEast and will sure make countless holy fighters.

Tsunami Survival

With video and audio special effects at an angle of 360 degrees plus a motion viewing platform at the free angle at 6 degrees, you will have a nervous and stimulating journey to deep sea experiencing the most exciting extraordinary tsunami.

Earthquake Simulation(Project Phase II)

In the process of visiting the underground monitoring center, an extraordinarily large earthquake suddenly takes place and the tourists will be able to experience the nervous and moment of the extreme danger to life.

Looks like it will be a lot of fun but I'm not sure if it is enough to make me want to to "Best of China"

Remember though Bob, the "Best of China" trip isn't really geared to you as you've done BOTH of our previous China Tours. This "Best of" is more for people who haven't done a China Coaster Trip, or maybe just one of our trips.