Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:15 am

Jwhee wrote:Sorry not everyone has time to disregard real life and study theme parks all day.

On the contrary, studying theme parks all day is actually my job!

grsupercity wrote:Getting back to Bolt. Are these considered powered coasters?

Agreed with Robb. I feel like they're "kind of" different because you can control your speed, and in terms of layout, they're definitely on the more extreme end of the powered coaster spectrum. For what it's worth, we don't have Sky Dragster (the one at Skyline Park) on our poll and we don't intend on putting Bolt or the Ducati coasters on the poll either.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:44 am

I saw this story and the coaster looks cool. But while searching for more information I discovered this will be the second roller coaster on a cruise ship. A Chinese ship under construction for launch in 2020 will be first:

https://youtu.be/iqwBaSE8-t8

I think I'll skip this ship though. 9500 passengers!

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:51 pm

A.J. wrote:
grsupercity wrote:Getting back to Bolt. Are these considered powered coasters?

Agreed with Robb. I feel like they're "kind of" different because you can control your speed, and in terms of layout, they're definitely on the more extreme end of the powered coaster spectrum. For what it's worth, we don't have Sky Dragster (the one at Skyline Park) on our poll and we don't intend on putting Bolt or the Ducati coasters on the poll either.

To me, this ride is more like a monorail version of a Bobkart than a coaster.
Last edited by cfc on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:53 pm.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Looks cool. Too bad I’ll never step foot on a Carnival ship. Here’s hoping a version makes its way to Disney, or even just one of the newer Royal Caribbean ships.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:08 pm

Zero One wrote:I saw this story and the coaster looks cool. But while searching for more information I discovered this will be the second roller coaster on a cruise ship. A Chinese ship under construction for launch in 2020 will be first:

They both will launch in 2020 and they both seem to be the exact same ride based on the renderings....
Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 3.07.28 PM.png

So I'm not really sure which one will be "first" nor do I think it even matters.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:35 pm

It's not going to get me to sign up for a cruise but I love it! Hopefully this just encourages cruises to offer more 'thrills' while the ship is out sailing around. Everyone wins!

Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:01 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Zero One wrote:I saw this story and the coaster looks cool. But while searching for more information I discovered this will be the second roller coaster on a cruise ship. A Chinese ship under construction for launch in 2020 will be first:

They both will launch in 2020 and they both seem to be the exact same ride based on the renderings....
Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 3.07.28 PM.png

So I'm not really sure which one will be "first" nor do I think it even matters.

No I don't think it matters either. But it was a surprise to find out there was another coaster.

Also I love that the Chinese ship is clearly a clone (smaller) of the Oasis class.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:59 pm

^9500 Chinese on a Chinese Knock Off cruise ship? Hard pass.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:53 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:It's not going to get me to sign up for a Carnival cruise but I love it! Hopefully this just encourages cruises to offer more 'thrills' while the ship is out sailing around. Everyone wins!

Fixed.

Ho ho ho. :angel:

Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:56 am

I'm ready to go... packed my bags, and now... just take my money!!!
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS