The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

P. 319: Virgin Voyages announces The Beach Club at Bimini
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:11 am

I remember when this concept was introduced it looked like it might be a great addition to small park or maybe even an FEC but I never thought about a cruise ship. Looks like a great fit and should be a lot of fun.

I don't cruise as often as some here but would something like this typically be an up charge? On RCCL is the carousel, and zip line, giant slides are those types of attractions up-charges?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:41 am

Does this make Carnival more Klassy than it used to be? :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:14 pm

I never thought I'd see a coaster on a cruise ship, but it sure looks like it would give some awesome views.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventureland (Iowa) & Arnolds Park

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby x2isawesome » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:I remember when this concept was introduced it looked like it might be a great addition to small park or maybe even an FEC but I never thought about a cruise ship. Looks like a great fit and should be a lot of fun.

I don't cruise as often as some here but would something like this typically be an up charge? On RCCL is the carousel, and zip line, giant slides are those types of attractions up-charges?
i was on a ship last week with all that stuff and none were upcharges.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:32 pm

x2isawesome wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:I remember when this concept was introduced it looked like it might be a great addition to small park or maybe even an FEC but I never thought about a cruise ship. Looks like a great fit and should be a lot of fun.

i was on a ship last week with all that stuff and none were upcharges.

Correct. None of those on Royal Caribbean are upcharges along with the rock climbing, flow riders, bumper cars, indoor skydiving, etc.

I would assume this will NOT be an upcharge on Carnival. From what I'm seeing on the cruise enthusiast boards, most people are most concerned about how often it will be open (apparently the Carnival cycle monorail has a lot of downtime) and how it looks on the ship (personal preference).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jwhee » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:51 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Honestly, I just want people to stop making stupid, ignorant posts. Is that really too much to ask?

Yes, I know it is... People are going to just keep getting dumber...

Sorry not everyone has time to disregard real life and study theme parks all day. Your post above is one of the most stupid and ignorant posts I've ever seen. It's really more dumb than the genuine question I had. No wonder most of the theme park community hates you... grow up prick.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Jwhee wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
Honestly, I just want people to stop making stupid, ignorant posts. Is that really too much to ask?

Yes, I know it is... People are going to just keep getting dumber...

Sorry not everyone has time to disregard real life and study theme parks all day. Your post above is one of the most stupid and ignorant posts I've ever seen. It's really more dumb than the genuine question I had. No wonder most of the theme park community hates you... grow up prick.

Top 10 ways to jeopardize your TPR account in SECONDS!!!1! (#6 will SHOCK you :wtf: )
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:06 pm

Jwhee wrote:Sorry not everyone has time to disregard real life and study theme parks all day.

But you have plenty of time to go visit theme parks and ride water rides in a tuxedo, right? (Which people saw because of TPR... you're welcome.)
Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 1.05.14 AM.png

Jwhee wrote:No wonder most of the theme park community hates you... grow up prick.

Yes, most of the theme park community "hates us." Uh-huh. Yeah... so is that why we got over10 million views on our YouTube videos last month? 1.6 million engagements on our Facebook & Twitter posts last month? And 21,000 new followers on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter last month? During the "off-season" slower period for our socials no less.

We got all that engagement on social media because "most of the theme park community hates us", right?

You know who hates us? I'll tell you who... A small minority of people whom we've been rude to on purpose on our forums or social media in response to the stupid crap **they posted** and couldn't take personal responsibility for their own dumb comments. THAT is who hates us. And you know what? They can go ahead and hate us. You know why? Because we DON'T CARE and we are better off without people like that making our social media channels and online forums DUMBER for other people to read.

tl;dr - I won't be taking your advice, thanks.

ps. I also like how I wasn't the first or only one to call you out your post, but you chose to single me out in your response. Yeah, that's fair, right? Please. Hate on me more. Let me show you how much I care... :roll:
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:10 pm.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:21 am

Getting back to Bolt. Are these considered powered coasters?
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:58 am

grsupercity wrote:Getting back to Bolt. Are these considered powered coasters?

Yes. Very much so.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!