Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 252 - Launched Flying Coaster announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a cow, HONK HONK!

Postby deathmole » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:32 pm

I wonder if it is going to be a Forceful B&M or a Forceless one.

Old school B&M inverter, apparently they were originally unhappy about building the thing - it's like Nemesis, tight and intense.

Also, as a highlight it has a 5.5g helix finale, should be top stuff!

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:02 pm

God I hope the rumors are true about the 5G helix finale. The construction so far looks like its going to make for a very Nemesis-like ride with lots of trenches (which is 1 reason why Nemesis and Montu rank so high for me)Looking at the rest of Phantasialand, it looks like its going to be a really nicely themed ride. Glad I decided to go to Phantasialand next September instead of this one. Hopefully its truly more "old school" B&M and comes equipped with forces, otherwise I'll be very disappointed.

Claude and Walter, please don't make this another Hydra or Silver Bullet!
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby redunzelizer » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:56 pm

FYI: http://www.phantasialand-bruehl.de/park ... b_aug.html 8)

now covering construction until 31st of August (2005! :P )

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby DRWP2005 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:38 pm

That ride looks really impressive. If it looks anything like the artists renderings, it will be awesome. The article says its will feature 5 inversions, and be a "high G" ride. The waterfall that goes over the beginning of the lift hill looks really cool too.

Its amazing how how far down they ended up digging, based on the pictures. This looks like it will be a great ride when its all done.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby TheGreatOne » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:48 pm

If that rides turns out with half of the themeing that the artwork has, it's still going to look amazing. Man, I'd love to visit that place. We do have a former exchange student that lived with us from Germany, so maybe I can work out a trip there plus Europa and Holiday Parks.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Wishmaster » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:09 am

^^ Phantasialand has a history of making things look like the artworks. A few details may change, but it won't be anything big. :wink:

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby roeterich » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:37 am

So yesterday they started with the construction of the first drop and in the new pics you can see that the building under the lifthill gets higher and higher and the lifthill is already partly in the building. So here are the newest pics from the 9/7:
click me

And here are a few older pics from the 9/6, where you can see that they already started with the theming of some underground sections:
click me

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:55 am

I am seriously psyched about riding this next year.

I wasn't planning on spending a full day at Phantasialand before I heard about this ride, but if this ride is really good, it could swing how long I stay there.

It's also gonna make me want to spend a winter weekend there in the future after it opens.

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:27 pm

This looks like another winner B&M

the lift is surprisingly low though. Lots of tunnels are in store, making it even better

Idiot.

Postby Stitch » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:42 pm

Reminds me of Nemesis, small but a real thriller. I hope this ride turns out to be as good as it looks.
I don't post here enough to warrant a signature.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!