Phantasialand Discussion Thread

P. 252 - Launched Flying Coaster announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:17 am

It was brought to my attention last year that Chiapas in the snow is a thing and it's now on my bucket list. :lol:

I also heard that this park has some little multi-launch coaster thing with some rocks around it but like... whatever. Priorities...

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:48 am

I've been to Phantasialand this Saturday (I have pictures but hey bring 0 value as it's mostly the wall) and I have to say the wall was a lot smaller then expected. Anyways I thought it blended in perfectly in the environment of the Fantasy theme. I start to wonder if at the start of next season we can walk up to the wall as that part seems very far.
Also I just can across a picture of some yellow marker tape at the Berlin Rookburgh passage, People assume there might be an announcement soon at that end, curious about that.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:33 pm

coasterbill wrote:It was brought to my attention last year that Chiapas in the snow is a thing and it's now on my bucket list. :lol:

All around the world they laugh at us and our lack of amusement parks in cold weather! I have ridden Splash Mountain in the snow in Tokyo! (Along with a BUNCH of roller coasters) The German's are strong too! Europe in general...I mean the amount of speedos we saw in water parks in 65 degrees always amazes me!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:23 pm

Here in the US, you have to wonder if a park will even open in inclement weather. In Europe, you have to still ask if you need a skip-the-line pass.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventureland (Iowa) & Arnolds Park

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:53 am

SharkTums wrote:
coasterbill wrote:It was brought to my attention last year that Chiapas in the snow is a thing and it's now on my bucket list. :lol:

All around the world they laugh at us and our lack of amusement parks in cold weather! I have ridden Splash Mountain in the snow in Tokyo! (Along with a BUNCH of roller coasters) The German's are strong too! Europe in general...I mean the amount of speedos we saw in water parks in 65 degrees always amazes me!

Even on a 'dead day' because a powerful snowstorm caused severe disruption of the subways and most rides closed in the morning (even a parade cancellation) during it making most of the guests leave, this thing still had a 40 min line on a cold night in February once people started re-entering the park in the evening.
P1070013.jpg

Postby coasterbill » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:37 am

:lol: That's awesome.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:42 am

I wonder how Southern Californians feel now considering they thought it was too cold to ride Splash Mountain when it was 65 degrees and sunny.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:39 pm

^ Considering Disneyland's Splash Mountain is now for some (awful) reason wetter than a rapids ride, I don't think they mind.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:11 am

For most of my rides on Splash this past weekend, I was alone in the back and didn't get more than a few splashes. On my one ride with a full log (I'd say everyone was in the 150-200 pound range), I also rode in the back and only got a few splashes. Grizzly got me far wetter.

However, the sacrificial lamb in row 1 came off drenched.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:01 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:However, the sacrificial lamb in row 1 came off drenched.

Oh man, I love the single rider line and all, but when the ride op says I "got lucky" and to take row 1 I scream internally and pray my shoes are spared.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!