Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 859: Iron Gwazi Testing Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

Postby A.J. » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:50 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:If Iron Gwazi opens with the park on the 11th I'll probably try to get down there shortly after.

Same, probably a week or two after the initial opening for me. We'll know how good the prospects are once random internet people start posting photos / video of Iron Gwazi testing again. Here's hoping!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:16 am

A.J. wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:If Iron Gwazi opens with the park on the 11th I'll probably try to get down there shortly after.

Same, probably a week or two after the initial opening for me. We'll know how good the prospects are once random internet people start posting photos / video of Iron Gwazi testing again. Here's hoping!

Yeah, my initial thought with going to parks after they re-open was to either wait a little while maybe a month or two, or go ASAP while the capacity is still being limited and people are, you would hope atleast, still being a little more cautions. I'll be keeping an eye on how things go the first couple days then figure it out from there.

I still hope they do something for passholders maybe, I wonder if that's maybe why both SeaWorld properties are staying closed a few days a week. Not days specifically for pass holders only, but I wonder if they're maybe planning on using those days to do something different operationally, private tours, private events, limited capacity special events or something.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:38 am

With the announcement of Busch Gardens Tampa Reopening on Thursday, June 11, 2020. The park has announced today that advanced reservations will be required to visit the park.

To manage capacity, guests with tickets, Fun Cards, or Annual Passes must make a reservation prior to visiting the park. Guests must bring their reservation eticket and their original ticket, Fun Card, or Annual Pass to the front gate for entry into the park.

Reservations will be accepted starting Monday, June 8, 2020 at 10:00AM EST.

https://buschgardens.com/tampa/reservation/
Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.36.49 AM.png

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:04 pm

The park did say in their instagram comments that Iron Gwazi will not be opening with the park, but to keep your eye out for further updates.

While Iron Gwazi won’t be ready for our reopening on June 11, we have a ton of other great park attractions that will be sure to keep you busy. Be sure to check back for updates on Iron Gwazi’s opening date. Believe us, we’re as excited as you are!

This is the post I'm referring to.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:23 am

Reservation requests started this morning, was super easy to complete. Just need to have your barcode numbers handy for your Passholder ID Number, Fun Card Number or Ticket Barcodes ready for validation though their system. Excited to get down to Orlando later this month.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WolfBobs » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:56 am

Was planning on hitting up BGT on a Sunday in November before a cruise (planned well before COVID) as of now the park will not be open on Sundays, even in November. Well that sucks, now not only is the cruise a question mark so is my day before activity lol. sighhhhhhh

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:10 pm

Mr Stratosphere wrote:Reservation requests started this morning, was super easy to complete. Just need to have your barcode numbers handy for your Passholder ID Number, Fun Card Number or Ticket Barcodes ready for validation though their system. Excited to get down to Orlando later this month.

Might be easy for some people. The system does not recognize my ancient 9 Park Plat pass even though the web site still says it still is valid. There are a lot of people on Facebook that are reporting the same problem. I’m sure things will be fixed soon.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:28 pm

Erik Johnson wrote:The system does not recognize my ancient 9 Park Plat pass even though the web site still says it still is valid. There are a lot of people on Facebook that are reporting the same problem. I’m sure things will be fixed soon.

Right, the only reason I can think of is that they waited until now to process everyone's pass upgrades and all current pass barcodes were "expired" as a result. I still have my original proof of purchase so I'm not too worried about it now.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby VaCoasters » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:24 pm

WolfBobs wrote:Was planning on hitting up BGT on a Sunday in November before a cruise (planned well before COVID) as of now the park will not be open on Sundays, even in November. Well that sucks, now not only is the cruise a question mark so is my day before activity lol. sighhhhhhh

How do you figure? I'm looking at the operating calendar and it's open every Sunday.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby bgtlover » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:02 pm

WolfBobs wrote:Was planning on hitting up BGT on a Sunday in November before a cruise (planned well before COVID) as of now the park will not be open on Sundays, even in November. Well that sucks, now not only is the cruise a question mark so is my day before activity lol. sighhhhhhh

The park is open every Sunday in November and are available to be reserved right now. They are only closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
BGT Nov 2020 Reserve.png
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!