Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 814: Record-breaking RMC hybrid coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby hoppedup » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:21 pm

boldikus wrote:
Too Fast For Comfort wrote: and SFA used to be my home park as a kid

No wonder you hate Six Flags so much.

:lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:31 pm

To chime in on the annual rehab schedule of Busch Gardens Tampa, it has always been accurate for me and has been a major help in me avoiding a visit with Kumba closed.

Meanwhile I spent a majority of my most recent visit not knowing if Twisted Colossus was down for rehab or mechanical issues.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Eiffel Tower & Nigloland

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has shared new photos as construction of Tigris continues raise the track up even higher!

https://twitter.com/BuschGardens/status/1085585158579933184

Don't mind us, just building Florida's tallest launch coaster over here...
DxDF7ogWwAIa2I2.jpg
DxDF8LGXQAAJ3fj.jpg
DxDF8tpWwAMA1F1.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:48 pm

hoppedup wrote:
boldikus wrote:
Too Fast For Comfort wrote: and SFA used to be my home park as a kid

No wonder you hate Six Flags so much.

:lmao:

I don't know man, I've been to about 2/3 of the parks in the chain, and they all more or less have the same yuckiness to them. I love the coasters at Six Flags parks... I think that they more or less stack up to Cedar Fair as a whole. And most of the RMCs are are at SF parks, so that's a huge leg up. But the advantages and/or similarities end there. Other than the quality of the coasters, nothing about Six Flags is first rate. But by the same token, other parks are 1st class all the way, but just don't have great rides and cater to kids. So what's the point of taking the time to go to a great park just won't give you great rieds?

So not to say that I hate SF parks, but they just generally have a "yuckiness" to them that's hard to describe in words.

Postby bert425 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:18 pm

^ no, you come across as hating Six Flags, and always seem to have a negative comment on the parks themselves or management.

if you think they "more or less have the same yuckiness to them", then you haven't bothered with a couple of the really high rated US parks: SFOG, and SFFT - both of which are beautiful, and have a great assortment of ride options.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:. And most of the RMCs are are at SF parks, so that's a huge leg up.

False. SF Parks have 9, and there are (or will be in the near future) 11 at other parks.

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mk=10583&ii
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby southpuddle » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Mike, this isn’t really the site that will give you extra blowjob points for snarkily telling someone they’re wrong about some roller coaster fact and providing them with a link to RCDB, just FYI.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:28 pm

Not looking for any kinda points, looking to counter this guy every chance I get.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:44 pm

On the topic of Tigris...

I'm really happy to see this ride come to the park. I like the Sky Rocket II coasters more than most (granted, I like them even more without the "comfort" collars), but nonetheless they are smooth, intense coasters that also have a surprisingly not-totally-horrible capacity. BGT locals/fans are really getting spoiled with this and RMC Gwazi next year.
Steel: 161 / Wood: 32 / Total: 193
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:20 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:On the topic of Tigris...

I'm really happy to see this ride come to the park. I like the Sky Rocket II coasters more than most (granted, I like them even more without the "comfort" collars), but nonetheless they are smooth, intense coasters that also have a surprisingly not-totally-horrible capacity. BGT locals/fans are really getting spoiled with this and RMC Gwazi next year.

They are horrible capacity wise. That is a fact. The lines don't get too long, because the ride is not universally loved.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!