Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing
User avatar
 
Posts: 8563
Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, Florida
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:47 am

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has announced that in honor of the park's 60th anniversary, they will bring back complimentary beer samples for the entire year and they'll host 52 weeks of events throughout 2019!

https://buschgardens.com/tampa/events/new-in-2019/

2018_BuschGardensTampaBay_60thCelebration_BreweryandSerengeti3_660x410.jpg

60TH CELEBRATION FOR 60 YEARS OF BUSCH GARDENS TAMPA BAY
Help us celebrate 60 years of fun and thrill rides for our 60th Anniversary! Commemorative activities and offers are planned throughout 2019 as part of Busch Gardens Tampa Bay's 60th Celebration - including the return of two complimentary beer samples included in park admission.

YEAR OF BEER
Join us for a #YearOfBeer in 2019! At Garden Gate Café or Serengeti Overlook Pub, guests age 21 and older can enjoy two complimentary samples each park visit in 2019, going back the park’s roots as a beer garden when it first opened in 1959.

Only valid at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. Busch Gardens reserves the right to refuse service of any alcoholic beverage to any guest who is unable to provide proper identification or appears to be intoxicated. Legal Proof of Drinking age is required for all alcohol consumption. Not valid for any other discounts. Not valid during Howl-O-Scream.

Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay offers a unique blend of world-class roller coasters, live shows and more than 12,000 animals.

52 WEEKS OF EVENTS
2019 Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will have more festivities than ever. A full year of fun with 52 weeks of exciting events! An Annual Pass is your best value to experience it all.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:50 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Image

Too Slow For Comfort
 
Posts: 257
Joined: 20 Dec 2018
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:20 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has announced that in honor of the park's 60th anniversary, they will bring back complimentary beer samples for the entire year and they'll host 52 weeks of events throughout 2019!

https://buschgardens.com/tampa/events/new-in-2019/

2018_BuschGardensTampaBay_60thCelebration_BreweryandSerengeti3_660x410.jpg

60TH CELEBRATION FOR 60 YEARS OF BUSCH GARDENS TAMPA BAY
Help us celebrate 60 years of fun and thrill rides for our 60th Anniversary! Commemorative activities and offers are planned throughout 2019 as part of Busch Gardens Tampa Bay's 60th Celebration - including the return of two complimentary beer samples included in park admission.

YEAR OF BEER
Join us for a #YearOfBeer in 2019! At Garden Gate Café or Serengeti Overlook Pub, guests age 21 and older can enjoy two complimentary samples each park visit in 2019, going back the park’s roots as a beer garden when it first opened in 1959.

Only valid at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. Busch Gardens reserves the right to refuse service of any alcoholic beverage to any guest who is unable to provide proper identification or appears to be intoxicated. Legal Proof of Drinking age is required for all alcohol consumption. Not valid for any other discounts. Not valid during Howl-O-Scream.

Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay offers a unique blend of world-class roller coasters, live shows and more than 12,000 animals.

52 WEEKS OF EVENTS
2019 Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will have more festivities than ever. A full year of fun with 52 weeks of exciting events! An Annual Pass is your best value to experience it all.


Man, I definitely love those SeaWorld parks. These and the Cedar Fair parks I think are the top two chains. Every chain has its pros and cons, but these two I think just go out of their way to make the experiences better for their customers.

Bonafide Donkey Expert
User avatar
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: 20 Aug 2017
Location: Probably at SFoG
Gender: Male
Age: 16

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Dombot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:14 pm

We now have an RCDb entry for Gwazi 2.0. :b https://rcdb.com/16985.htm
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk


"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Too Slow For Comfort
 
Posts: 257
Joined: 20 Dec 2018
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:09 am

Dombot wrote:We now have an RCDb entry for Gwazi 2.0. :b https://rcdb.com/16985.htm


I hope that the official final name is "Gwazi RMC." Or maybe "RMC Gwazi." That would be an awesome homage to our people.

Delicious & Refreshing
User avatar
 
Posts: 8563
Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, Florida
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:25 am

^You can bet that from a marketing approach, the new name for whatever Gwazi becomes will be something that the general public will understand... No one outside of the coaster/theme park community knows what RMC is.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Image

Too Slow For Comfort
 
Posts: 257
Joined: 20 Dec 2018
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:52 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:^You can bet that from a marketing approach, the new name for whatever Gwazi becomes will be something that the general public will understand... No one outside of the coaster/theme park community knows what RMC is.


And people know what a Valravn or Rougarou is?

Did my donkey title just change???
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 18 Aug 2018
Gender: None specified

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:53 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:^You can bet that from a marketing approach, the new name for whatever Gwazi becomes will be something that the general public will understand... No one outside of the coaster/theme park community knows what RMC is.


STEEL GWAZI!! (I kid, I kid).
I hope they do something cool and unusual with the name, like BGT and BGW typically do.

Too Slow For Comfort
 
Posts: 257
Joined: 20 Dec 2018
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:12 am

TurnOfTheCentury wrote:
jedimaster1227 wrote:^You can bet that from a marketing approach, the new name for whatever Gwazi becomes will be something that the general public will understand... No one outside of the coaster/theme park community knows what RMC is.


STEEL GWAZI!! (I kid, I kid).
I hope they do something cool and unusual with the name, like BGT and BGW typically do.


They took out the trademark for Twisted Tigers, so I'm imagining that there's a pretty good chance that they'll go with that.

Delicious & Refreshing
User avatar
 
Posts: 8563
Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, Florida
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:15 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:And people know what a Valravn or Rougarou is?


The theming and signage surrounding those coasters at least alludes to what those creatures are... I don’t know that you could come up with some kind of themed name that integrates into Busch Gardens’ style that somehow involves RMC...

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:They took out the trademark for Twisted Tigers, so I'm imagining that there's a pretty good chance that they'll go with that.


That was filed at the same time as Tigris’ trademark right? When Cheetah Hunt was first being developed several cheetah-related names were trademarked (to the point that even the official announcement page had code referencing the name “Cheetaka”). I think this was more likely a title grab for Tigris than something related to the Gwazi project.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Image

Counts I305 as 32 credits...
User avatar
 
Posts: 6431
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby A.J. » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:15 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:I think this was more likely a title grab for Tigris than something related to the Gwazi project.

Yes, and if I'm not mistaken, the trademark was for "Twisted Tiger" which implied one coaster and not two.
Image
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron