Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 793: Tigris track installation has begun!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby thisdougsforu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:50 am

What a ridiculous announcement. BGT is my favorite park and we had an amazing time during our visit earlier this summer. Adding both of those coasters for sure means a return visit within a couple years for us. Amazing stuff.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:16 am

I have always felt that Busch Gardens Tampa has one of the best "quality over quantity" coaster line ups in the US if not even the world. There is not a single bad coaster in the mix, and in fact, when they removed Gwazi, even replaced with nothing, it actually IMPROVED the overall quality of their rides.

Both of these two rides will be fantastic and when I look at what they will have available....

Kumba
Montu
SheiKra
Cheetah Hunt
Scorpion
Cobra's Curse
Tigris
Future RMC

That list is looking amazing! Then throw in Falcon's Fury on top of it!

I mean, when the WORST roller coaster they have is a totally non-offensive, actually very fun Mack Wild Mouse or the kiddie coaster that is a VERY strong line-up of rides!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SteveStL » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:28 am

And I remember when the park only had Scorpion and the Python ...back in the early 80s.
It has come a long way from that.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:34 am

cfc wrote:...more intrigued by what's go to happen with Gwazi for 2020.

Me too. For me, these announcements say make plans for 2020 to enjoy both.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:41 am

I still can't believe this is actually happening. I always wanted to truly believe Gwazi was going to be RMC'd but I never wanted to fully get my hopes up so I tried to downplay it by expecting it to be demolished. Now that it's all but officially confirmed I cannot WAIT to get back to this park for it. I freakin' love BGT so much.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Samuel » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:42 am

Wow, I love the balance of this lineup, where you can go on almost anything and be guaranteed to have at least a really fun ride. I like this kind of mix a lot better than some parks that have 10+ coasters, but in reality there are only two or three rides you actually look forward to. The Sky Rocket II models are selling like hotcakes, and I like the looks of Tigris a lot. Add in the Gwazi tease, which I frankly didn't think had much of a pulse at this point, and this is a great announcement!

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:51 am

Watching that Tigris announcement and getting details about Gwazi was like watching a marvel movie with an after credits scene you didn’t know about, and actually understanding what it was teasing.

I’m really glad that Seaworld is recovering well from the last few years. I think this will be a great addition(s) to the park.
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby JJLehto » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Well this is great, Ive always wanted to try one of those coasters, and now one will be near by next year :)
As for the *cough* possible GWAZI RMC, well helllll yes
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, I305, Maverick, Lightning Run, Superman (SFNE), Kumba
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast
2018 Parks: (new) Busch Gardens Tampa, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Cedar Point, Kennywood, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:03 pm

SharkTums wrote:

2:10 "and you guys have Really More Coming in 2020, correct?" hahaha

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby PixelRush » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:05 pm

Cool announcement! You can't go wrong with an SR2! I'd assume they're planning some decent theming on this, too. Also, does this Gwazi situation mean that Unearthed can't happen anymore for Howl-o-Scream?
I have the rumblies, the rumblies that only AIRTIME can satisfy. :airtimer:
Top Steel: Maverick [Cedar Point] Top Wood: El Toro [Six Flags Great Adventure] Coaster Count: 78
My username is Zergei on the NoLimits Central Forum
Proud member of the Cult of Skank Mountain, where the airtime is to die for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!