Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Yeild4Pokes » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:22 am

He also dropped the word hybrid too so it's all but confirmed.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:32 am

absolutely we're gonna be planning a return trip to the Tampa/Orlando parks in 2020.. this just puts icing on the cake.

we would have gone back to BGT anyways (we prefer to "base camp" out of Tampa) just for the great rides/park already there.. . tho the Florida version of Tempesto would be fun, like everyone else, more excited for what will happen to Gwazi.

what a GREAT announcement to wake up to today.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 am

I couldn’t be happier. So we get...

- A super fun coaster that’s going to replace the second biggest eyesore in the park.

- An even more awesome coaster that’s going to replace the biggest eyesore in the park

- Most likely some new haunt mazes or reworked haunt mazes to replace Unearthed and Black Spot which is not as exciting but always cool for Howl O Scream fans since there’s not a ton of turnover with the houses.

What’s not to love?
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:57 am.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:51 am

This is an incredible announcement. The Sky Rocket II was all but confirmed, but I was still holding out hope Gwazi would get RMCed. They managed to announce both in one fell swoop.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Postby JordyC » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:53 am

Fantastic announcement! My plans to visit Orlando in 2020 just got a whole lot more exciting!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. iSpeed - Mirabilandia

Coasters: 291 || Parks: 55

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby ripleybl » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:18 am

coasterbill wrote:I couldn’t be happier. So we get...

- A super fun coaster that’s going to replace the second biggest eyesore in the park.

- An even more awesome coaster that’s going to replace the biggest eyesore in the park

- Most likely some new haunt mazes or reworked haunt mazes to replace Unearthed and Black Spot which is not as exciting but always cool for Howl O Scream fans since there’s not a ton of turnover with the houses.

What’s not to love?

Absolutely! I'm definitely making a return trip to BGT in 2020. This announcement kinda makes me jelly that they didn't hint at BGW 2020 plans since it's my home park and all... :(

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 am

I've been putting off a trip to BGT for a few years now but dang, if they keep adding stuff I'll have to go eventually haha.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Uberbluedragon » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:29 am

ripleybl wrote:
coasterbill wrote:I couldn’t be happier. So we get...

What’s not to love?

Absolutely! I'm definitely making a return trip to BGT in 2020. This announcement kinda makes me jelly that they didn't hint at BGW 2020 plans since it's my home park and all... :(

Maybe for 2020 they'll put in a B&M wing coaster into the old station and call it Drachen's Revenge.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SteveStL » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:37 am

I am guessing the reason for the early 2020 announcement is due to the mess of construction happening during the 2019 season on Gwazi. I am really looking forward to its redesign/makeover/redo.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 am

Super excited for this! Sky Rocket II's are my favorite clone model, so I'm really stoked to have one at my home park. They're fast, intense, and give crazy good airtime in the back. Love the color scheme too.
To further solidify Busch Gardens’ reign as Florida’s thrill ride leader, more news is on the horizon – a second new thrill ride will be coming to the Gwazi area of the park in 2020.

1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!