Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 807: Tigris track installation now complete!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Uberbluedragon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:16 pm

So I'm going raise a question here, since seaworld san diego is getting a skywarp horizon could Busch gardens tampa be getting a skywarp eclipse model from skyline attractions and not a skyrocket 2 like tempesto&electric eel?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:39 am

No. It's going to be a Skyrocket II. Could one of the others show up eventually? Sure.
Coaster Count: 128
Top 10:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser
6-Mako...7-Montu...8-Kraken...9-Diamondback...10-Twisted Cyclone

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:46 am

Does anyone know how crowds typically are at BGT the Wednesday right before Thanksgiving? As someone who absolutely LOVES big cats (they honestly might be a bigger draw for me personally than even the old school B&Ms), I want enough time to ride the coasters with some amount of leisure and still check out BGT's animal offerings (I've heard amazing things about the cheetah show I think?).
Budgeting for QQ is definitely possible considering we will probably only have one day there and want to make the most of it.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Postby bgtlover » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:06 am

A good portion (if not all) Florida public schools and most colleges/universities are out that whole week. Christmastown will also be going on in the evenings (included with park admission). The park will be busier than a normal weekday as when school is in. You should still however be able to get through the park without QQ. Should the park be busier than you like, you can always purchase it at the park. I wouldn't buy beforehand. I've been numerous times where it was dead and would see people with QQ and I'd personally be pissed had I paid for something that wasn't needed. The park is open 10-10 so you should have ample time to get all the rides in. As a heads up, it would be good to try and see all the animals early on (before lunch) when they are most active, especially the tigers. Once it starts getting dark, they block most of the habitats off (unless it's part of the main path).
Top 10:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser

Postby bgtlover » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:21 am

The park will make it's 2019 announcement next Wednesday, September 12th.

From Screamscape:
Hold onto your hats... Busch Gardens Tampa will make their official 2019 announcement on Sept. 12th. Stay tuned!
Top 10:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:46 am

bgtlover wrote:The park will make it's 2019 announcement next Wednesday, September 12th.

From Screamscape:
Hold onto your hats... Busch Gardens Tampa will make their official 2019 announcement on Sept. 12th. Stay tuned!

We will be there live covering the announcement!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:48 pm

bgtlover wrote:The park will make it's 2019 announcement next Wednesday, September 12th.

From Screamscape:

And just to be clear, the invite didn't actually say it was for a new ride or anything. The last time we attended an "announcement" at the park it was for the free beer. I'm *hoping* this announcement is for a new ride, but it did not specifically say what it was for...
Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 3.47.25 PM.png

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:20 pm

robbalvey wrote:The last time we attended an "announcement" at the park it was for the free beer.

I would like to state for the record that if TPR gets any future invitations of this nature from a theme park or otherwise and regretfully can’t attend because they’re covering an announcement for some new ride somewhere then I’ll take one for the team for the good of the community.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:43 pm

^ LOL - count me in as well! :lol:

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:26 am

Well, BGT just made their 2019 announcment...But the little tidbit on 2020 was an awesome surprise. I won't mention what it was until a mod posts first. Just excited for this park, that's all!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!