Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 833: Iron Gwazi video & info!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby thePolemarch » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:41 pm

Apparently BGT is getting a new show in 2017, called Wildlife Docs Live, and will be themed after their TV show Wildlife docs. I've heard a rumor that the animals in the show will be done by Joel Slaven, the same company that does Opening Night Critters and the other pet shows at SEAs parks, and that one of the animals in the show will be a sloth.

RMC of Gwazi would be awesome but every time I hear someone from BGT talk about Gwazi they always sound like they haven't decided what to do with it yet so I would be very surprised if they had track on site for it already. I predict that the next major attraction at BGT will be in 2018, but there are other projects that the park needs to get done, like tearing down Tidal Wave and Gwazi, and perhaps finally replacing the defunct Rhino Rally with the long rumored elephant habitat expansion.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:35 pm

It appears the park has shut down Jambo Junction after the layoffs.

How sad, I loved that part of the park. :cry: Maybe they will reopen it when staffing gets figured out.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:15 pm

MagicAngel94 wrote:Is it possible to upgrade the quick queue pass to an unlimited quick queue pass AT THE PARK?

You should be able to. I visited a few months ago and called because I couldn't decide what ticket package to get and they told me I could upgrade my one day ticket to an all weekend ticket if I chose to (either now, once at the park, or even after I spent my day at the park), so I assume the same can be done for Quick Queue. They basically made it out that all upgrades are possible. I was very impressed with the entire process/system.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:44 pm

A friend of mine on Facebook gave me permission to share:
Hi friends. Since you'll find out soon enough, I'd rather you hear it from me. An area at the park, Jambo junction, is being closed. This is where our animal ambassadors reside and we have a wonderful team here in the education department dedicated to working with these animals. We lost a big part of that team, and our heart yesterday. The future seems uncertain, but here's what I know: park leadership responds to what our guests ask for. So, if you love Jambo and our animals, feel free to mention in a comment in the park at guest relations, and/ or on social media why you love it, and why you'd like to see it back. I'd like to ask you to focus your comments on positive things, maybe like a favorite memory you have there. If people love it, that will #savejambo
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:48 pm

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:A friend of mine on Facebook gave me permission to share:
Hi friends. Since you'll find out soon enough, I'd rather you hear it from me. An area at the park, Jambo junction, is being closed. This is where our animal ambassadors reside and we have a wonderful team here in the education department dedicated to working with these animals. We lost a big part of that team, and our heart yesterday. The future seems uncertain, but here's what I know: park leadership responds to what our guests ask for. So, if you love Jambo and our animals, feel free to mention in a comment in the park at guest relations, and/ or on social media why you love it, and why you'd like to see it back. I'd like to ask you to focus your comments on positive things, maybe like a favorite memory you have there. If people love it, that will #savejambo

I don't have a Facebook account, but I'm sharing this with everyone I know. Bless Jambo Junction! :b
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby thePolemarch » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Busch Gardens News and Updates:

Jambo Junction: Closed as of Dec. 6th, unlikely to ever reopen. SEA slashed the animal ambassador programs across all of the parks, with lots of layoffs in this department. Julie Scardina who is the corporate face of this program "retired" within this past month, and it can be assumed with the shear number of layoffs and closures to animal ambassador programs throughout SEAs that the company is attempting to end the animal ambassador program for good. As stated above the only way to save this program would be to write comments to the park, as a lot of the parks decisions are basd on the feedback that it recie

Hotel Project: The park now has a concrete plan for a hotel, I would expect an announcement on this fairly soon.

2017: Off year for the park, just the new wildlife docs live show in the stanleyville theater.

2018 and 2019: Expect a new attract for each of these years, with 2019 being a larger attraction. One of these attractions will go on the site of Tidal wave, and the park looks to revitalize the Stanleyville area of the park with this. Bird gardens is the the other location, probably where the larger attraction will go, Jim Dean has stated that this area of the park needs attention and intends on revitalizing it.

Gwazi: Gwazi will be coming down, I would expect this next year and will likely make way for part of the new birdgardens project. No RMC.

HOS 2017: Expect a new element for 2017 as the park tries to stay relevant with increased competition. The park has also seemed frustrated with how the theme was implemented this year, as it was not present at all in the actual event.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:39 pm

So i guess theyre tearing down gwazi! Well I was hoping they would rmc it like the Twisted Colossus that wouldve been marevolous! What a big shame! But what ever floats their boat!

Postby coasterbill » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:37 am

I hate that they're getting rid of the animal ambassador program. I understand it financially, but that's a real shame. The fact that Six Flags Great Adventure will have a better "animal ambassador" style program than Busch Gardens is kind of amazing.

As far as Jambo Junction goes, I'll be honest. We love this park and we always check out the animal exhibits and I never knew this was a thing. It looks cool, but it's location makes it sort of hidden and since we didn't even know it existed while actively seeking out animal exhibits I guess I can sort of see why it might have had a low amount of foot traffic. It's a shame, but I can't be that upset since I never knew it existed.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:49 am

I'm finally getting to this park in a few months, it's a shame they have to close that part, from the pictures I looked at it looked like a great experience. Sucks for all the people who lost their jobs right before the holidays as well. Hopefully the company as a whole has a good year next year. I have loved SeaWorld Orlando every time I've been and looking forward to getting down to Busch Gardens Tampa for a few days next year. I'm buying a plantiumn pass for Williamsburg for the first time next year and looking forward to visiting multiple times.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ALT2870 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:26 pm

historyfreak92 wrote:So i guess theyre tearing down gwazi! Well I was hoping they would rmc it like the Twisted Colossus that wouldve been marevolous! What a big shame! But what ever floats their boat!

I would take what he said with a grain of salt. I don't believe it till the park announces or a reputable source says something. That being said his guess on the next few years would seem pretty typical for a park like this.

On the Gwazi note, I'm not quite yet sold on the tear down. Their initial excuse was lack of funds but look what they've done since then. I don't think you keep an eye sore like that in your park for that long without having plans. Then again I'm not Busch Gardens, I guess we'll continue to sit tight to see what happens.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!