Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 807: Tigris track installation now complete!
Users viewing this topic: B&MIntaminGCI, grsupercity and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:11 pm

There are some really sick, sick people in this world....more of them every day it seems. I wouldn't be opposed at all to see these idiots get something more than a little jail time and a slap on the wrist - they certainly deserve it.

I can't recall how many times I have seen people doing really disgusting and morbid things to animals on the local Buffalo news and it just makes me want to wretch. One of the main reasons why I love Busch Gardens Tampa is because I am an animal lover and just love to learn about different species and basically admire their beauty.

Postby prozach626 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:14 pm

CoasterGoddess wrote:
PS. I also believe BGT needs to put more visible employees around the animal locations. I have seen a guy jump the fence into the alligator area and pull a gators tail. He jumped back out and was able to leave the park without anyone saying a thing! I told employees who just stood there and did nothing! Park said they don't chase down anyone, but what the guy did is a felony! They must put surveillance cameras up in animal locations and have employees take better care of their animals. I never heard of animals being mistreated and killed when the park was owned by Anheuser-Busch! They must look out for their animals better! :devil:

I share your frustrations, but let's please not do the typical 2016 thing and overreact to an isolated incident where it ruins everyone's experience. It's hard to say how many millions of visitors had the same opportunity to do the same thing, but didn't. I don't want barbed wire fences for enclosures 50 feet away with constant video surveillance, machine gun nests, land mines, and warning signs, just because of one dumba$$. In addition to this, I don't want my ticket prices raised for the militarization of BGT.

Let's not forget that park employees have no lawful detention powers. Police authority is extremely limited on hearsay information, let alone the authority of some teenage park employees. If they didn't see it, it doesn't matter to them. You can only squeeze so much care out of a $10/hour employee.

I don't know Florida law, so I can't say for certain if trespassing on an animal enclosure is felony or not. Seems steep, but who knows. Despite all that, I would be surprised if the Florida States Attorney's office would even take the time to prosecute this charge at felony level if no damages occurred. Even worst case scenario you're probably talking a few days in a county jail for all of that trouble. Typical scenario would probably be a mid level fine, probation, or a little community service. This is unless Florida law is drastically different from Illinois law, which I don't believe it is since from what I have heard my Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board certification is transferable to Florida.

The main concern here is the protection of the park's civil liability. The best interest of the park would probably be to trespass the customer from the park. Either way, it's only a matter of time before all of these up close encounters are gone due to stupid people breaking the rules, getting hurt, and the court systems continuously allowing lawsuits against the parks. These lawsuits almost always result in a lower out of court settlement as opposed to a high court cost. Why? "Because it's cheaper to just give them $50,000 to drop the issue as opposed to paying $75,000 in attorney fees and court costs to fight the case." Pitiful, isn't it?

Buy me a couple beers and I'll continue to talk even more about how completely f****d the justice system is. Judging from your post, I have personal stories which would likely infuriate you. God Bless America.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:37 pm

So very sad. I LOVED the flamingos when I was there. They're magical creatures. We would take them on walks in the park. They like to "preen" you and they'd chew at your hair and shirt. They're so loud and funny looking but also cute! Here's a couple of my pics
IMG_1938.jpg
From one of our walks. We'd basically corral them and they were trained to walk when the keepers walked. They get taken on walks almost every day (if not every day) and guests would just stare in disbelief at all of them walking by.
IMG_1940.jpg
Flamingo selfie!
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:06 pm

^ :lol: That selfie is awesome!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby beenagins87 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:43 pm

viking86 wrote:
Coasterguy21 wrote:In a bit of sad news that I saw on my feed today, a guy reached into Pinky the Flamingo's exhibit in Jambo Junction, picked her up and slammed her to the ground. Due to her injuries, she had to be euthanized. Pinky was always one of my favorite animals at the park and she was extremely friendly. She was one of their animal ambassadors and known throughout the country because of her appearances on several talk shows. I'll miss seeing her there. Dude better have it coming for him!

Here's the news article: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-flamingo-euthanized-after-attack-busch-gardens-n622296

*sigh* What the hell is wrong with people?? :cry:

I'm also disturbed that he did it in front of his kids, even though I'm not a big animal person per say, I just don't see how someone can hurt them.
Coasters: 121 ( 89 Steel, 32 Wood)

Top 10 Wood: 1 Lightning Rod 2. Goliath 3. The Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. American Thunder
6. The Legend 7. Thunderhead 8. The Boss 9. Great American Scream Machine 10. The Beast

Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. 1305 3. Maverick 4. Goliath (SFOG) 5. Fury 325 6. Twisted Timbers
7. Millenium Force 8.Twisted Cyclone 9. Top Thrill Dragster 10. TN Tornado

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Its really sad to hear this.

Human idiocy is infinite.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Postby Vonni » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:17 pm

prozach626 wrote:Out of all of the thug life, homicide related, and drug related crap I deal with at work, nothing still satisfies me like locking some dirt bag up for felony aggravated cruelty to an animal. I hate people who mess with animals. F*** that guy.

That poor, poor animal :cry: . This truly breaks my heart. I agree with you Prozach. Animal cruelty is a special level of evil. I hope this piece of shit gets what is coming to him and HARD!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby djcoastermark » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:12 pm

On a happier note. If anyone is visiting BGT during august and looking for something fun to do outside the park, check out The Beach at Amalie Arena downtown Tampa. ( The Ice Hockey arena). Today was opening day, we went and had a blast ! If you go, be prepared for one heck of a cardio workout. It's a free timed ticketed event. It runs til Aug 26. You need a ticket but just get one online. The whole ice rink is filled with over 1.5 million white balls. In fact, everything is white, including the food and beer stands and cornhole games inside. Here's a few pics of us having fun. It is an expanded version of the same exhibit that was in DC from Snarkitecture last year that cost 18 bucks pp. Did I mention it was free?
DSCN0993.JPG
DSCN0995.JPG
DSCN0969.JPG
DSCN0988.JPG
DSCN0992.JPG

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby CoasterGoddess » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:08 pm

Vonni wrote:
prozach626 wrote:Out of all of the thug life, homicide related, and drug related crap I deal with at work, nothing still satisfies me like locking some dirt bag up for felony aggravated cruelty to an animal. I hate people who mess with animals. F*** that guy.

That poor, poor animal :cry: . This truly breaks my heart. I agree with you Prozach. Animal cruelty is a special level of evil. I hope this piece of poo-poo gets what is coming to him and HARD!

I agree. We need to bring back tougher punishment and make prisoners work, chain gangs maybe, while locked up to help pay back to their victims and society. No more just sitting around, playing, and watching TV. They did serious crimes and a movie night once a week is suffice and only for those with good behavior and did their work! I'm sick of the roving door justice system which allows these crooks to victimise again and again. What ever happened to 3 strikes? We should enforce 3 strikes and no more release, that's it. Make special prisons for these criminals to rot in until they die. They choose the actions, their victims sure did not. Poor Pinky the flamingo was the cutest one. Have you seen the videos of her dancing? She was their only dancing flamingo. :cry:
"Character matters; leadership descends from character." - Rush Limbaugh

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby palmerleeberry » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:33 pm

I was at the park on Saturday and I got to do a little bit of everything, including riding the Cobra Curse despite having that ride breaking down numerous times a day. I did love Cheetah Hunt and I rode it twice. I would have love to ride Scorpion twice as well, but they were running only one train and a lot of disable riders and those with Quick Queues caused a long waiting time for the rest of us.

I wanted to go back today using my platinum pass, but it's raining hard. :(

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!