Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby _koppen » Mon May 19, 2014 1:15 pm

I'd wait for this to have been going for a while to make sure they have it all worked out. Here's a little insider why this ride took a lot longer to open then it should have.

So when it came time for testing, they load it up with dummies and run it. It would run 10 times perfect. Then on the 11th run 3 or 4 dummies would fall out. They go and check everything looks fine. They run it again perfect another 10 times. On the 11th drop, 3 dummies would fall out. So they had to keep taking apart and replacing parts for months delaying the opening because they have no idea why it just suddenly fails and drops dummies out of it.

So they got it working and after lots of testing they decided to open it. Thing is, they never figured out why it was failing randomly. So I am going to wait before I ride it myself.

No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dom497 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:44 am

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:15 pm

^It is definitely not open.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue May 20, 2014 12:26 pm

It may or may not have been Falcon's Fury (might've been Zumanjaro), but I've seen some irresponsibly worded headlines lately that directly implied a new ride was open when it definitely was not. :|
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby willthegolfer » Tue May 20, 2014 12:47 pm

My favorite line from this article : metro.co.uk/2014/05/20/dont-look-down-ride-that-drops-you-335-feet-headfirst-opens-to-public-4734290/ "A new amusement park that sends riders plummeting 335ft headfirst towards the ground at 60mph has opened in Florida." I didn't know a park could send riders 335 feet into the ground! Sounds like an awesome park!
Top Five Coasters- 5. Cheetah Hunt 4. Viper (SfGam) 3. Kumba 2. Montu 1. Goliath (SfGam)
Check out my RCT2 park, Six Flags North Woods!LINK
Wishlist - Every RMC, El Toro, Skyrush, I305, Fury 325, Maverick

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Tue May 20, 2014 9:57 pm

willthegolfer wrote:My favorite line from this article : metro.co.uk/2014/05/20/dont-look-down-ride-that-drops-you-335-feet-headfirst-opens-to-public-4734290/ "A new amusement park that sends riders plummeting 335ft headfirst towards the ground at 60mph has opened in Florida." I didn't know a park could send riders 335 feet into the ground! Sounds like an awesome park!

What's wrong with an article saying how tall the attraction is? The article said towards the ground, which means that Falcon's Fury drops in the direction of the ground, not into the ground.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Wed May 21, 2014 4:54 am

^The article says 'A new amusement park' rather than amusement park Ride.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Wed May 21, 2014 1:30 pm

Does anyone know if Rhino Rally is open yet? My son and I are planning a visit this weekend and he loves Rhino Rally.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed May 21, 2014 2:45 pm

I can understand why there's been a delay in opening Falcon's Fury, being as it is a "prototype." As for BGW's Mach Tower, well . . . ;)

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Thu May 22, 2014 1:05 am

Cyrbuzz wrote:Does anyone know if Rhino Rally is open yet? My son and I are planning a visit this weekend and he loves Rhino Rally.

Closed and entrance was construction walled off as of this past Monday.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!