Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby glouthan » Mon May 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Oh wow! That is a long ways away - more than a month!

Roller coasters are my passion. It's what I do, it's who I am.

Check out my roller coaster blog: www.journeythroughcoasters.com Trip Reports! Ride Reviews! News Updates! and more...

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Pyrozooka0 » Tue May 13, 2014 6:11 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:^The people that work in the call center are probably not the best people to go by when it comes to operational updates for Falcon's Fury. Right up there with tram drivers and the Dippin' Dots guy.

Actually, the Dippin' Dots guy is the best place to get this information.
Fully on the Twisted Cyclone hype train.
Credit Count: 55 (Latest: Fury 325)
Favorite Steel: F325
Favorite Wood: GASM at SFOG

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue May 13, 2014 8:09 am

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release about this year's returning Island Nights Summer event at Adventure Island!

image.jpg

Adventure Island® heats up when the sun goes down all summer long with Island Nights®. From June 12 to Aug. 9, Busch Gardens® Tampa’s waterpark keeps this family-friendly sunset celebration going every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. with live music, eclectic entertainment, sand sculptures, street performers, stilt walkers and a steel drum band. Plus, partygoers can satisfy their taste buds with the all-new Island Nights Food Truck!

NEW! Island Nights Food Truck

Relaxing on the beach isn’t complete without a tropical beverage in hand! Cool off with tropical delights at the new Island Nights Food Truck, located near Fabian’s Fun Port. While you’re there, be sure to indulge in tacos, quesadillas, nachos, salad bowls and more!

NEW! Kid’s Zone at Mango Joe’s Beach

The Kid’s Zone DJ revs up the dance floor with popular hits every night at Mango Joe’s Beach. This brand new kid’s zone bursts with excitement as Island Nights Party Starters amp up the energy when the sun sets in preparation for a fun-filled night.

NEW! Glow-in-the-Dark Grand Finale

Join the entire Island Nights cast on the main beach at 8:30 p.m. for a grand finale celebration, featuring high-energy music and LED-lit entertainment, including stilt walkers and performance artists. This finale includes audience participation, so be prepared to join in on the fun!

Sand Sculptures Every Week

Sand sculpture artists return with 25 tons of sand as they create newly-themed masterpieces every week for Island Nights. Sculptors will begin a new theme each Thursday evening and unveil the sculpture by Saturday.

Island Nights is the perfect nighttime escape for all ages, and admission is included with any daily park admission or Adventure Island Pass. Visit AdventureIsland.com for more information.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue May 13, 2014 8:10 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Sat May 17, 2014 5:24 am

Anymore more news on Falcon's Fury? Sure seems like this thing has fallen into limbo on news and updates.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby rcrider4 » Sat May 17, 2014 8:35 am

I was there yesterday for a little bit and it tested at least 5 times while I was there, with water dummies at that. The hydraulic piece doesn't disconnect anymore, so if that was the only issue, it's looking like it may open soon.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sat May 17, 2014 9:57 am

^Makes an interesting noise when the car is released
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby rcrider4 » Sat May 17, 2014 10:07 am

It does. It's also pretty loud. You can hear it from a lot of the areas in the park.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby glouthan » Sat May 17, 2014 4:49 pm

The tilting at the end is looking pretty smooth. Should be a good sign! :)

Roller coasters are my passion. It's what I do, it's who I am.

Check out my roller coaster blog: www.journeythroughcoasters.com Trip Reports! Ride Reviews! News Updates! and more...

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby aCoasterStory » Sat May 17, 2014 7:08 pm

I was thinking of driving down to Tampa next weekend since I have Monday off. I don't know how far I'll be able to drive Friday night, so I'm not sure if I'll have a full day Sat or just the afternoon/evening, but I'll be there all day Sunday and at least till 1 or 2 on Monday before I have to head back to Atlanta.

I imagine it'll be pretty busy at both BGT and AI. I was just at the park a couple months ago & it wasn't crowded then at all, but I have a feeling I'll want to spring for the Quick Queue Unlimited this time around. I'm also open any other suggestions/tips anyone may have.

And I doubt it'll happen, but I'm also going to cross my fingers for FF to be open by then.
ImageImage[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/fe4eae113273e4d0a98298b9baf940f3.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/c4cf17bf527e6833157bf159cfe53ac7.jpg[/img][/url]

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Mon May 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Falcon's Fury is starting to get a bit of mainstream news attention.

Gizmodo

Unfortunately, of course, that means the usual idiotic comments

I'd wait for this to have been going for a while to make sure they have it all worked out. Here's a little insider why this ride took a lot longer to open then it should have.

So when it came time for testing, they load it up with dummies and run it. It would run 10 times perfect. Then on the 11th run 3 or 4 dummies would fall out. They go and check everything looks fine. They run it again perfect another 10 times. On the 11th drop, 3 dummies would fall out. So they had to keep taking apart and replacing parts for months delaying the opening because they have no idea why it just suddenly fails and drops dummies out of it.

So they got it working and after lots of testing they decided to open it. Thing is, they never figured out why it was failing randomly. So I am going to wait before I ride it myself.

That bit sound likely to anyone? *sigh* Well, at least he didn't bring up OMG FINAL DESTINATION!!!11

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!