Lightwater Valley Discussion Thread

P. 4: Angry Birds Activity Park announced for 2013 season!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Flap, Flap, Flap. I'm a sexy girl!

Re: Lightwater Valley 2011 New Coaster

Postby davisal771 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:56 am

That's actually a pretty cool looking model! I've never seen what a Whirlwind looks like, but it looks like a nice compact, fun model!
Coasters: 33, 31 steel, 2 wood Park count: 10, Elitch Gardens home park... :)

|Facebook!|

East Coast Wes don't smell, honest.

Postby bgwfreak777 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Looks like something I build in RCT when I have no money. :lol:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby CoNNoR » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:15 pm

I'm going tomorrow for the first time so i will be able to get a go on the go karts before they go and whoop whoop to vekoma coasters with corkscrews lol :lmao:
Coaster Count:38
Do you even chain lift bro?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Anac0nda » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:25 pm

So that's where it will be. I'd like to re-ride this again in it's new location. After all, it was my first coaster with inversions ;)

EDIT: 100th post yay!

Macaroni and Donkey

Skeleton Cove lightwater valley's new attractions

Postby CoNNoR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:48 pm

I got this information off of valley mania and I asked the moderator who put it on the site for permission to post and he gave me that permission so here is the information:

Skeleton Cove Rides Revealed
Tue 18th January 2011
Ahoy there shipmates! Following last month's Skeleton Cove announcement, Valley Mania can today exclusively reveal the 5 attractions that will initially make up the area. Speculation has hit fever pitch over these past couple of weeks, with many of you correctly guessing each ride's place of origin. But which rides were they? Read on to find out you scallywags!

All hailing from the now defunct Loudoun Castle, the rides that will make up Skeleton Cove are; Black Pearl, Powder Kegs, the Flying Cutlass, Pirate Swinger and Skull Rock!

Black Pearl, a Weber inverting ship, is arguably the star attraction of the area which is to be built on the former site of Grand Prix Go Karts. However, it is the addition of The Flying Cutlass, a HUSS swinging ship, which is set to raise most eyebrows considering the park placed their very own, The Wave, on the market at the end of last season. The Flying Cutlass is joined by fellow HUSS attraction, Powder Kegs (Break-dance), Skull Rock (Zamperla Regatta) and Pirate Swings (Mini Chair-o-planes).

But wait... there's more! As reported on Valley Mania, a 6th ride will be joining Skeleton Cove later in the season. Small children's ride, Junior Pirate Ship, also of Loudoun, will be debuting under the name of Wave Rider (TBC). With the ride not being available from launch, a decision was made to cut the addition from all official marketing material. With something for everyone, we're sure that Skeleton Cove will prove to be an enormous success come opening day on April 9th.

Other news coming out of the Valley is that Vintage Cars are to be removed. The area will be converted into outdoor seating as part of Riviera food court's transformation into Hungry Harbour.

As always, be sure to keep checking Valley Mania for all the latest news on Skeleton Cove and the rest of the park as we head towards the start of the 2011 season! In the meantime, you can download the 2011 park brochure by visiting our mini-site below!

Larry if nobody has been before me and not gotten pictures of the newly developed site I will be happy to take a few snaps the next time I go.
15xloip.jpg
The Logo for the newly developed area
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:53 pm.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Skeleton Cove lightwater valley's new attractions

Postby LoopLover » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:53 pm

I have ridden all of these rides at Loudon. They are pretty good. It will help Lightwater's growth and repair (Let's call the new land Protein for the park!)

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:55 pm

This park really seems to be picking up the pace. First we get Raptor Attack, and now these. I'm hoping the new attractions do well at their new home.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LoopLover » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Hopefully they will paint them. They are a little bit chipped, but are still fun! =)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby CoNNoR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:59 pm

In the forums on valley mania one of the members put in the speculation part that lightwater might be doing what Drayton manor did get little rides first and then move up to the big coasters because the scraped their plans to buy the vekoma whilwind for these other rides instead

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Lightwater Valley has sent us a press release about the upcoming opening of the new Skeleton Cove area.

On 9 April Lightwater Valley’s latest attraction, Skeleton Cove, sets sail with five brand new rides for the start of the 2011 season.

Officially the Best Value Theme Park in the UK, Lightwater has upped the stakes with a £1.2million winter investment. The all new Skeleton Cove, pirate-themed land is the most recent in a series of developments which have been taking place over recent years.

The first year witnessed a £1.2 million investment through the winter of 2009 /2010 with the purchase of Wild River Rapids, a re-theme of the iconic Rat ride into Raptor Attack, hire of a Mondial Top Scan ride branded as Whirlwind and the establishment of the Frightwater Valley Halloween weekend. This year's investment is aiming to improve the visitor experience by offering new attractions and decreasing queuing time across the park – ensuring visitors get more for their money.
Skeleton Cove under construction.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!