Coney Island (Luna Park) Development Discussion Thread

P. 144: Help name the 2020 attractions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Coney Island (Luna Park) Development Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Tue May 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Taylor Finn wrote:^Has any progress been made on the log flume and other additions? I know they had mentioned that the adventure course was due in this year.

I tried to stop by two weeks ago after a softball game but I couldn't find anyplace to park. I'll try to stop by again on the night of May 22nd after my next softball game.

Edit: I stopped by on Wednesday night May 22nd, and groundbreaking has not started for any of the 2019 additions.
Last edited by larrygator on Sun May 26, 2019 1:21 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby LegendLover » Fri May 31, 2019 2:40 pm

https://www.facebook.com/LunaParkNYC/videos/2152977208257989?s=100004147609476&v=e&sfns=mo
Not gonna lie, this new Air Race (Atlantic Aviators) looks completely badass!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby tanthonyam » Fri May 31, 2019 8:52 pm

These would look a lot better in the Six Flags parks than those stupid Larson Loops

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby LegendLover » Fri May 31, 2019 9:25 pm

in Six Flags' defense, I think rides like the Zamperla Air Race intimidate many guests. I think many quests see all the directions of motion going on with the many plains and they don't think they have a strong enough stomach for it. I think the simple looping motion of the Larson Loops make the ride seem a lot more appealing to the general public. Plus they require less space. I mean, just look at the small amount of space that Discovery Kingdom, St. Louis, and America had to work with for those rides. But yeah, I do hope that Six Flags gets at least ONE of these new Air Races. I could totally see one going to La Ronde, Darien Lake, or maybe they could add it to parks that don't have a Wonder Woman themed ride and theme them like the Invisible Jet. Or I could see something like this going in a new Screampunk District area.

Postby Taylor Finn » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:41 am

I truly think Zamperla using Coney Island as a testing ground of sorts fits perfectly with what the area was all about from an amusements perspective during its hay day. Seeing these super crazy and unique flats here really just feels right!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Clockworkz and Atlantic Aviator open at Luna Park. Atlantic Aviator is the latest Air Race model and replaces the original Air Race

https://www.silive.com/news/2019/06/report-2-new-rides-open-at-coney-islands-luna-park.html

Report: 2 new rides open at Coney Island’s Luna Park
Today 3:06 PM By Annalise Knudson | aknudson@siadvance.com

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Two new thrill rides opened at Coney Island’s Luna Park on Sunday, according to a report by Time Out.

At 11:30 a.m., Brooklyn’s Luna Park hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the two rides, Clockworkz and Atlantic Aviator, according to the report.

According to Time out, Clockworkz is dubbed as a “family thrill ride."

It is a 33-foot attraction that rotates on a vertical axis while its arms swing in circular motions at 13 revolutions per minute. Riders soar through the air as the clock’s arms move in opposite directions, the report said.

Atlantic Aviator is a 51-foot attraction suited for older thrill-seekers. Riders will have an experience similar to acrobatic airplane flight courtesy of loops, dips and speeds of up to 25 revolutions per minute, Time Out reported.

“With the celebration of a new summer season and a fresh beginning for two new rides, we are excited to grow and to continue to provide quality entertainment for the millions of visitors that come through every year,” Alessandro Zamperla, president of Central Amusement International said in a statement, according to Time Out. "We look forward to embracing the legacy of Coney Island by bringing new and exhilarating attractions like Clockworkz and Atlantic Aviator to Luna Park.”

Luna Park is also expanding for the 2019 and 2020 season, according to its website. Its expansion will include a new log flume ride, zip lines and a rope course that will be constructed on vacant land between Surf Avenue and the boardwalk.
Last edited by larrygator on Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:45 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:35 pm

Luna Park is really looking good, with all the new stuff added,
as well as stuff to come. Thanks for posting this, Larry! :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Satans Hockey » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:00 pm

DirkFunk wrote:
LegendLover wrote:https://www.facebook.com/zamperlarides/videos/2018751911584886/

Check out Luna Park's new ride! This looks like a great replacement for Air Race.

There's still all the stuff going in with the log flume too. They're putting in serious work there. I wonder if it has anything to do with Legoland?

I don't think so, they are almost 90 miles apart and aren't going for the same age bracket of customers anyway.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:21 pm

LegendLover wrote:in Six Flags' defense, I think rides like the Zamperla Air Race intimidate many guests. I think many quests see all the directions of motion going on with the many plains and they don't think they have a strong enough stomach for it. I think the simple looping motion of the Larson Loops make the ride seem a lot more appealing to the general public. Plus they require less space. I mean, just look at the small amount of space that Discovery Kingdom, St. Louis, and America had to work with for those rides. But yeah, I do hope that Six Flags gets at least ONE of these new Air Races. I could totally see one going to La Ronde, Darien Lake, or maybe they could add it to parks that don't have a Wonder Woman themed ride and theme them like the Invisible Jet. Or I could see something like this going in a new Screampunk District area.

Six Flags doesn't care about intimidating their guests with crazy rides, look at Cyborg at SFGAdv, or all the free spins they've been installing.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:50 am

I couldn't find any definitive information, but do you have to buy a pass to get into the park? Or, do you have the option to buy an unlimited wristband or tickets? We pretty much only want to ride Cyclone a couple times and walk around. We're going to head there Monday. I know if we do decide to go the wrist band route we'll buy ahead of time online. Do we have to print tickets or can they scan or look at an email?

Any suggestions? I've heard parking is a problem.

We also plan on getting a hot dog from the original Nathans.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!