Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 100: Zootopia themed land coming to Shanghai Disneyland!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Re: Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:02 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Shanghai Disney Resort Celebrates 200th Performance of THE LION KING in Mandarin

Wow, that was fast... :omg:
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:22 pm

So are we gonna be talking about how Voyage to the Crystal Grotto and Roaring Rapids are closed indefinitely or nah?

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:16 pm

DirkFunk wrote:So are we gonna be talking about how Voyage to the Crystal Grotto and Roaring Rapids are closed indefinitely or nah?

The website says both are closed for scheduled maintenance, kinda like how Paris closes some of its attractions for the winter.
Last edited by cookiex on Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:36 pm.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:25 pm

DirkFunk wrote:So are we gonna be talking about how Voyage to the Crystal Grotto and Roaring Rapids are closed indefinitely or nah?

From what I've heard some of the outdoor water rides are closed during the winter (or run limited hours) as it's in the 40's every day. The rapids should reopen around Chinese New Year in February. I believe Voyage reopens next week.
Last edited by SharkTums on Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:27 pm.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:47 pm

That actually scared me a bit. Voyage is one of my favorite rides in Shanghai Disneyland and it would be a shame to miss it.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:52 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if it's an annual thing. Everland just shut both it's water rides for the winter season at almost the same time and the weather and temperature here isn't overly different.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby StevenX » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:54 am

Bit disappointing that 2 of the (relatively few) attractions are closed as I'm flying out 2 weeks today!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:31 pm

| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby StevenX » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:39 am

So I just got back from my trip to Shanghai and Disneyland. I was really impressed with the park; it's easily the best "new" park Disney has done in a long time, and feels remarkably fleshed-out and full-featured. The whole park really feels well thought-out and like a lot of money has been spent on it.

TRON is really fun and very well done; it's the first ride I've been on in a long time that offers a really genuinely new experience and you find yourself grinning the whole time. The attention to detail is great, and some of the individual moments are really impactful (the pre-show room with the frosted glazing turning clear for example).

Pirates is also pretty great, and the technology used is really impressive. The omnimover-type boat system works very well, and the huge screens blended in with physical scenery is incredibly well done. Small details like the shifting of the perspective of movie loops on individual screens to match the boat's position are really well done. If anything, the final scene could have been a bit more explosive and had some actual fire effects though.

Otherwise, everything else was nicely done - although I've never liked any of the Soaring attractions and still don't like the version here. I've never understood the appeal, but the Chinese seem to be going crazy for it.

Unfortunately the Rapids were closed for maintenance, as was Voyage to the Crystal Grotto although it claims to be open online. We managed 3 x Pirates and 5 x TRON, as well as most of the other main attractions.

Oh, and the deal with English Vs. Chinese FastPasses is - if you just scan your ticket in the machine, you get a Chinese language FastPass. If you press English on screen first to get the instructions in English then scan your ticket, the FastPass is also printed in English.

As an aside, we went to Happy Valley Shanghai as well which was a strange experience. The park was extremely quiet and we often had to sit on a 'coaster train for some time until it filled up to be dispatched. There's a nice clone of SheiKra there, as well as a fairly good wooden rollercoaster, a decent Intamin Mega-Lite and a B&M family inverted rollercoaster, which is actually surprisingly snappy and forceful for a kids' ride. One quirk of the park is that you're made to do stretches/exercises to music before getting on a couple of the rollercoasters! Aside from the main rides, they also have a truly dreadful rip-off of Soaring (you can see all edges of the screen, the movie is warped/not corrected for the screen curvature and some scenes are out of focus) and a horrendously bad attempt at a Spiderman-style dark ride themed to something to do with storms, which has to be experienced to be believed.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby R17 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:41 pm

In August 2016 I was in Shanghai Disneyland and was on the Tron Rollercoaster and noticed the soundtrack in the station.
Does anyone knows the name of the soundtrack? It must be from Daft punk, like the soundtrack of the movie.

Could it be this one?

https://youtu.be/OIM8RxaK5rE?t=14m11s

The song name: The Game Has Changed

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!