Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 100: Zootopia themed land coming to Shanghai Disneyland!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:25 pm

^ Maybe they changed their minds and the parachute drop is back in? :?r

I just re-read the press release, and noticed they say three "attractions" (instead of rides)
as well as the Character Meet area. So one of these attractions could be a stage with shows, maybe?

By the way, I always wanted to say, that a show is NOT an "attraction," in my mind. Just saying.
But nowadays, what can you expect from Disney? Everything except food and souvenirs, is an "attraction."

Still, I am definitely looking forward to what the "Land" has in store. :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:16 am

I don't know if Toy Story Land is a good idea since Hong Kong Disneyland already has one. I thought they wanted to make those parks different. What about a Finding Nemo/Dory Land? Or a Little Mermaid Land?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby DoubleDown » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:53 am

acleverclone wrote:Hi all again... I posted my trip report a few weeks back but while overseas I also filmed my trip and have finally finished editing a movie of Hong Kong and Shanghai Disneyland, including the opening walk in for Shanghai. Hope you all enjoy it

Your video was very good and thank you for sharing your experience. You had a ton of awesome footage!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:59 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:I don't know if Toy Story Land is a good idea since Hong Kong Disneyland already has one. I thought they wanted to make those parks different. What about a Finding Nemo/Dory Land? Or a Little Mermaid Land?

Toy Story sells more merch.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby StevenX » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:50 am

I'm going to Shanghai over Christmas and really want to take a trip to Disneyland, mainly for Pirates and TRON. What sort of lines are to be expected on weekdays now? Is it still pretty manic, or is it fairly manageable within a day?

Also, anyone been to Happy Valley Shanghai? Is that worth spending a day on?..

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ChrisNZ » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:52 am

StevenX wrote:I'm going to Shanghai over Christmas and really want to take a trip to Disneyland, mainly for Pirates and TRON. What sort of lines are to be expected on weekdays now? Is it still pretty manic, or is it fairly manageable within a day?

Also, anyone been to Happy Valley Shanghai? Is that worth spending a day on?..

We have just spent two wet days there (a Thursday & a Friday)... Having tickets specific to a day meant the park was still surprisingly busy.
Pirates never had a queue longer than 35 minutes & you can usually get TRON Fastpasses throughout the day. We managed 3 rides on TRON over the 2 days, only one with a FASTPASS.

Longest queues we saw over the 2 days were for Soarin' & the Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Both were frequently well over an hour.
Fastpass.jpg
Fastpasses for within an hour... this was a surprise.
POTC.jpg
Notice the umbrellas... a very wet two days.
TRON Night.jpg
Apologies for the quality of this one... turns out iPhones don't enjoy two days of wet weather very much...
TRON.jpg
TRON loading.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:24 pm

:mickey:

Shanghai Disney Resort Celebrates 200th Performance of THE LION KING in Mandarin

And what better way to record this, than by using a selfie stick...
ShDLlionking200th.jpg

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby xstech25 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:02 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:By the way, I always wanted to say, that a show is NOT an "attraction," in my mind. Just saying.
But nowadays, what can you expect from Disney? Everything except food and souvenirs, is an "attraction."

An attraction, something that attracts people, can definitely be a show. Especially at a Disney Park where shows are often big attractions: look at the crowds Fantasmic draws to DHS at night, or how many people went to DCA when Frozen was new. DCA's attendance went up like 20% the year World of Color opened!

Also that's kind of weird how the Fastpass tickets are written in English considering about 1% of mainland China speaks English. Do you get an option or something of what language you want it in? At the other Disney Parks it has the native language and English on the same ticket.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:08 pm

^ I totally understand that. It's just with some of them, I don't think they should all be called "attractions"
especially the all live shows, like at Disney Sea. In My Humble Opinion, it's an insult to a live cast who has worked
their butts off to give me a fantastic performance. That's my querk about it. I would however, probably
call the new "Triton's Concert" there, an attraction. Even though it has actual live people in it, too. :wink:
E11_BigBandBeatSign_TDS.jpg
Whatever it is, this is a great...destination in TDS! (o;

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:33 am

xstech25 wrote:Also that's kind of weird how the Fastpass tickets are written in English considering about 1% of mainland China speaks English. Do you get an option or something of what language you want it in? At the other Disney Parks it has the native language and English on the same ticket.

I think the system records your choice of language when you pick up your ticket. During grand opening I thought they didn't have English FP!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!