Aquatica's Omaka Rocka announced for March 2010

Page 5: Omaka Rocka now open! Photos & on-ride video online!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Aquatica's Omaka Rocka announced for March 2010

Postby crazydaveh » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:05 pm

DBru wrote:Could you explain what you mean by "ramps?"

They're kind of like bumps on the slide made of rubber. There are several of them, most noticeably right before you head into a funnel. They maybe are about 6-8 inches high. They're kind of like a log in a Vekoma River Raft ride that creates a rapid/splash effect. I'm not sure if they're there to act as a brake, water effect, both, or something completely different. They do hurt your heels when your feet catch them.

I hope this kind of helps.
Beer... It helps coasters go higher and faster!

Dave

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/78611756e2677af30ecbe7f169e00926.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/32a684dcd0f18289ee3e5a31292b8f5a.jpg[/img][/url]

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Here is a video clip I shot today on the ride. It's awesome!!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Sounds like what Schlitterbahn did on some of their rides to slow riders down (Various tube slides in the old section and Dragon's Revenge)

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby haiderodes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Ive always wondered how they go about enforcing the weight limit on these slides. I mean, there's no scale up there. AND just because someone looks abover certain weight doesnt mean they are a certain weight - some people "hide" their girth well. And at 250lbs this seems to be the lowest limit of any of the slides there. I wonder how the construction differs to require this restriction.
walking in space.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby gatorchomp83 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Got a ride on this on Saturday and was not impressed at all.

I LOVE Aquatica, and spent quite a bit of time there last year before relocating to Minnesota for a bit...The park is so fun, colorful and I could easily spend days there just relaxing and catching rides on a couple of their great slides...That said, this new one was uneventful, slow and most of all just not very re-rideable.

Apparently before opening, people were going too fast and they added those speed bumps throughout the entire course, effectively killing off any potential speed you may have gained. The pacing is a snoozefest, and the splashdown is incredibly weak. Luckily, it does share the same tower with Whanau Way, which if ridden in the two inner slides (blue and teal) is amazing, and has a GREAT double down at the end.

And one more thing, Omaka is the only slide in the park that doesn't have heated water...Not sure why, but keep that in mind if you decide you want to ride after the sun has gone down.
FLORIDA GATORS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007 BASKETBALL FOOTBALL 1996 - 2006 - 2008
Top 5 Wood: 1 Voyage 2 Boulder Dash 3 Phoenix 4 Ravine Flyer II 5 Thunderhead
Top 5 Steel: 1 Intimidator 305 2 Goliath (GA) 3 Bizarro (SFNE) 4 Nitro 5 Kumba
Twitter

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Thanks for the video John, very interesting ride. I kind of agree with Steve that the pacing looks really well, not that fun.

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:43 pm

^ I agree with the pacing, it does not look very fun, but on the prs slide the concept is much more fun looking than I originally thought. If they got up the pacing I think this slide would be totally awesome!

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks John for posting the video. I'm not sure what to think of it. Hopefully either this weekend or the next I'll make it up to check it out.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:33 am

Thanks for the video John. Based on the video this ride really looks disappointing. As everyone has said the pacing is really out of whack as well as it is simply way too short.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:35 pm

SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release about the newly opened slides, Omaka Rocka at Aquatica. They have also included some photos of the ride in action for your viewing pleasure.

What’s new at Aquatica, Orlando’s can’t-miss waterpark?

It’s Omaka Rocka -- an all-new waterslide with unique thrills, high-speed tubes and half-pipe funnels that’ll have everyone splashing and sliding frontward, backward and climbing the walls – and a new after-2 p.m. pass good for unlimited admission through the rest of the year.

Omaka Rocka is a waterslide taste of half-pipe, near-vertical thrills previously experienced only by daring skateboarders and snowboarders. Riders speed down flumes into massive funnels, sliding high up one side and then the other, rocking back and forth, feeling a sensation of near weightlessness. Coming out of the funnel, they’ll skim into a drenching splashdown and then find themselves wanting to do it all over again.

Aquatica’s After 2 p.m. Pass means unlimited Aquatica thrills and fun and no black out dates for the rest of 2010, all for $49.95, adult and kids – only slightly more than a day’s admission. There’s no better way to hit Orlando's coolest beach – and rock the all-new Omaka Rocka – again and again, all year long. The After 2 p.m. Pass is perfect for weekend play with the family or during the week with friends.
Aquatica is a one-of-a-kind waterpark that could only come from SeaWorld. Inspired by a whimsical take on the South Seas, Aquatica immerses guests in the playfulness of the sea, taking them in, over and under the water with the world’s most unique water rides and animal encounters. Aquatica mixes animal experiences, waters from serene to extreme, high speed waterslide thrills and wide, sandy beaches to create a day of non-stop fun.

To learn more about Aquatica, Omaka Rocka or to buy an After 2 p.m. Pass, visit AquaticaBySeaWorld.com.

Please note: Omaka Rocka's requirements are minimum 48" tall and under 250 lbs (114 kg)
20100409_Omaka Rocka_07.jpg
Omaka Rocka_01.jpg
Darius Rucker on Omaka Rocka.jpg
Darius Rucker on Omaka Rocka
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!