TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild Adventures Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Wild Adventures , this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

Oct 1st, 2009 - more concerts, more rides, more summer shows, and more days of fun for 2010!(See Below)

Nov 2nd, 2009 - Wild Adventures Marks Two Years Under Herschend Family Entertainment

December 9th, 2009 - Wild Adventures announces 2009 Christmas event

Feb 18th, 2010 - Three new rides and concert schedule announced!

Mar 31st, 2010 - New concert series update, including Backstreet Boys

April 13th, 2010 - More concert series updates

May 28th, 2010 - Shows, concerts, a circus and more!

August 24th, 2010 - "Red, White & You!" charity event announced

September 7th, 2010 -$4 million Splash Island expansion announced!

September 16th, 2010 - Halloween event details released! Meet the Fearmaker!

October 7th, 2010 - Season Pass deal announced! Best deal yet!

October 17th, 2010 - Splash Island wins International WWA award!

August 13th, 2012 - General Park Update

November 3rd, 2014 - New family ride announced for 2015

December 17th, 2015 - Dinosaurs announced for 2016

December 14th, 2017 - new themed area announced: Mega Bugs!

September 13th, 2019 - Alligator Alley announced for 2019, a new theree acre area with 6 kiddie rides and Alligator exhibits

Original Post:

Valdosta, GA- Wild Adventures Water and Theme Park announces more

concerts, more rides, more summer shows, and more days of fun for 2010!

The Valdosta theme park plans to host twenty concerts in 2010! Artists

scheduled to perform include REO Speedwagon & Styx, Steven Curtis

Chapman, and Third Day. There will be more concerts to announce later

that appeal to every park guest and music lover.

In 2010, Wild Adventures will add more fun to the park experience with

three new thrill rides and more amazing shows! Kidzpalooza, the summer

event for children of all ages, will feature new and exciting

performances to captivate every guest. Catch Daredevil Kaptain Robbie

Knievel as he attempts to jump the lake, Independence Day weekend with

the largest fireworks display in South Georgia and north Florida

Even the park calendar has expanded, so don't miss a minute of the fun!

Wild Adventures has added more hours and more days and to the park

season for guests to enjoy. Visit http://www.wildadventures.com to see the

2010 park calendar.

Buy your 2010 Season Pass in October to receive the lowest price and

upgrade to a Gold Pass for FREE! During the month of October, all 2010

Season Passes will be $59.99 plus tax and automatically upgraded to a

Gold Pass. The 2010 Season Pass can be used as soon as it is purchased

to enjoy Phobia, Kid-o-ween, the rest of the 2009 park season and all of

2010!

Season passes and park admission are available for purchase online, by

phone or at the park. For more information, visit

http://www.wildadventures.com or call 229-219-7080.

Edited by larrygator

In 2010, Wild Adventures will add more fun to the park experience with three new thrill rides and more amazing shows!

I guess we don't know what the "thrill rides" are going to be yet...? Something from Cypress Gardens, perhaps?

I've only been to Wild Adventures once, and I wasn't knocked out by it. But I suppose I need to give it another chance. Good to hear that they're still (presumably) doing okay.

Not enough zombies=fail

Anyways, its always good to see a park that hasn't got to much to get a decent sized update. I've never been down to Wild Adventures, but I probabbly will go sometime if I'm ever travelling down that way.

While Wild Adventure isn't one of my favorite parks, it's still a lot better than the former Cypress Gardens down here in Winter Haven.

Heck, maybe they could purchase Starliner and give it a new home. It just saddens me to drive by every day to work and see it just rotting there.

^^ Yeah I would agree that it is a park that no one really knows about.

However, if you are traveling down I75 from Atlanta to Tampa they are tons of signs for it along the interstate.

I really did enjoy my one visit and am glad to hear that it is getting some more stuff. I will certainly visit again when I am down that way.

In 2010, Wild Adventures will add more fun to the park experience with three new thrill rides and more amazing shows!

I guess we don't know what the "thrill rides" are going to be yet...? Something from Cypress Gardens, perhaps?

My thoughts exactly. If I remember correctly Cypress Garden's had the "Swamp Monster," "Triple Hurricane," and Starliner," I think there are other rides as well. But it would kind of make sense, for some reason I think these parks are related but I can't remember how, or why? (if they even are.)

The Three "New" Rides are coming from Celebration City:

• Scrambler

• Flying Scooters

• A Coaster

All the rides that Cypress has been selling have been put on hold for now until they figure out whats happening with the park land.

I think it's still a possibility that OzCat is moving to WA, though indeed it's doubtful.

I can't see them getting the Jack Rabbit since it was such a weird little devil of a ride, and had horrible capacity. They'll probably get Thunderbolt, which is a little weird for a park that is so large, but they've always been such a hodge-podge of coasters anyway.

Cypress gardens had all those rides as well as a roller skater and a wild mouse (and maybe another coaster?) but the woodies are presumably out and there is already an slc(though not a kiddie) in Wild Adventures.

Actually, WA has a Vekoma junior invert called Swamp Thing.

I would love for the park to get Thunderbolt from CC. That thing looks like a ton of whacky fun!

New rides? That's always a plus. Wild Adventures was anything amazing when my bf and I visited this past March..BUT it was a pretty nice sized park and had a little bit of everything. Overall I would have to compare it to Cypress Gardens in Winter HAven, FL. Only difference is they have more animals and more coasters. Can't wait to hear what the new thrill rides we be:]

• 5 weeks later...
Wild Adventures Marks Two Years Under

Herschend Family Entertainment Leadership

Company Plans More Investment in the Future

Valdosta, GA - Wild Adventures Theme & Water Park (WA) marked its two

year anniversary under Herschend Family Entertainment's (HFE) ownership

this fall, revealing it has more plans for investment in the park in the

next five years. Since 2007 when HFE purchased the park, the company

has invested $6 million to increase the quality and value of the park to

local citizens and tourists. Bob Montgomery, WA vice president and

general manager, announced the Valdosta-based theme and water park is in

the process of finalizing a master plan which will provide new

attractions and creature comforts in the coming years.

"In just two short years, Wild Adventures has added new family

attractions and experiences including thrill rides, animal interactions

and family-friendly festivals. This past spring, we unveiled a $3

million renovation to Splash Island, the region's biggest water park,

and we also upgraded four park restaurants," said Montgomery.

"The improvements have received high marks from our guests and our

vision is to continue to build upon what we've started. Guests will see

the park begin to transform as we add four hundred trees, more

landscaping, and additional walkways, for more shade, beauty and better

park flow. Our wooden roller coaster, the Cheetah, will undergo a

million dollar renovation for a better ride experience," he added.

The residents of Valdosta and Lowndes County and area visitors can look

forward to seeing changes begin as early as next year. The park has

revealed it is adding three new rides in 2010, including a family

coaster, in addition to 20 concerts and four summer shows. Long term

plans include changes to the park's themed areas and the creation of a

concert lawn.

Since assuming the day-to-day management of the park in 2007, Montgomery

and his team have focused on enhancing the overall guest experience at

the park, entertaining and serving more than a million guests since its

first full season under HFE ownership in 2008. Service also extends

into the community through volunteer work with Second Harvest of South

Georgia and events such as the Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides, Second

Harvest's Duck Derby and Lowndes County Relay for Life.

As a major employer in the Valdosta/Lowndes County community, WA has

also worked with Valdosta Technical College and the Chamber of Commerce

to develop programs like Work Force Development. The goal is to improve

overall opportunities for job applicants in the local area by providing

valuable job training, effective hiring procedures for companies and

assistance to the community to attract new businesses. Employee

programs like informational seminars, resource referrals, and incentive

programs create an encouraging work environment at WA and make it a

great place to work for great people.

Wild Adventures is a 170-acre theme park located in Valdosta, Georgia

featuring one of the largest ride collections in the South, more than

500 wild animals, Splash Island Water Park, the region's largest water

park, shows, festivals and all-star concerts. The park is owned and

operated by Herschend Family Entertainment (HFE), a company specializing

in family entertainment. For nearly half a century, HFE has owned,

operated or partnered in 21 properties across nine states, including

Branson, Missouri's Silver Dollar City; operating partner with Dolly

Parton in Tennessee's Dollywood and Dollywood's Splash Country;

operating partner in Atlanta's Stone Mountain Park and owners of Ride

the Ducks amphibious tours in six cities.

1940004837_RenovatedSplashIslandEntrance640x480.jpg.b39bec56712e97b38c51095c793e5fdf.jpg

The renovated Splash Island entrance.

• 1 month later...

Press release from the park.

Christmas Comes Alive at Wild Adventures

2010 Season Pass Provides Unlimited 2009/2010 Admission

Valdosta, GA – Family is at the heart of the holidays and the heart of Wild Adventures Water and Theme Park this Christmas season. Together, families can experience the true holiday spirit with The Miracle of Christmas, an inspiring living nativity performance. The moving show features memorable Christmas songs to tell the true meaning of Christmas, such as "O Holy Night," "Silent Night" and "Joy to the World." In addition, the Christmas review, We Need a Little Christmas, is back by popular demand to entertain families with a classic song and dance holiday performance.

It would not be the holidays without a visit from the jolly man himself, Santa Claus. Guests can visit with the man in the red suit and share their holiday wish list with him. His elves will be nearby to the capture the moment in a picture.

“Wild Adventures is the perfect place to celebrate the holidays with your

family and a Wild Adventures Season Pass is the perfect gift to give the

one you love. It is a gift that lasts all year long, and with three new rides, 20 concerts, all-new summer shows and bigger events in 2010, it is a great value,” said vice president and general manager Bob Montgomery.

To make the merriment even more budget-friendly, Wild Adventures recently introduced an EZ Pay Online Payment option for purchasing 2010 Season Passes. Wild Adventures EZ Pay is only available online and gives guests the option to pay for season passes with automatic monthly payments. More information on Wild Adventures’ EZ Pay is available at wildadventures.com/ezpay.

2010 Season Pass benefits include unlimited park admission through January 1, 2011, admission to Splash Island Water Park (season opening April 10), general concert seating for all 20 concerts, Bring-A-Friend days throughout the year, admission to park festivals, such as Kidzpalooza and Kid-o-Ween. Season pass holders will also receive admission to special pass holder only events, and 50% off admission to other Herschend Family Entertainment properties and more!

Families can skip the shopping hustle and bustle to enjoy the park’s

rides, shows, animals and lights. Open select dates until January 2, 2010, the park's thrill rides will be operating all season long. The thrill rides, animals, and shows at Wild Adventures give families more than enough reasons to stay close to home to celebrate the holidays.

Wild Adventures is a 170-acre theme park located in Valdosta, Georgia

featuring one of the largest ride collections in the South, more than 500 wild animals, Splash Island Water Park, the region’s largest water park, shows, festivals and all-star concerts. The park is owned and operated by Herschend Family Entertainment (HFE), a company specializing in family entertainment. For nearly half a century, HFE has owned, operated or partnered in 21 properties across nine states, including Branson, Missouri’s Silver Dollar City; operating partner with Dolly Parton in Tennessee’s Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country; operating partner in Atlanta’s Stone Mountain Park and owners of Ride the Ducks amphibious tours in six cities.

Web site: http://wildadventures.net/

WildAdventures-WeNeedALittleChristmasDec09.jpg.fa4c90858ace5286d359aab89348ea21.jpg

Back by popular demand, We Need A Little Christmas is an entertaining song and dance performance featuring all of the favorite songs of the season. Front row, left to right: Tim Olivar, Renita James, Caleb Spivey. Back row, left to right: Carla Olivar, Charles Billingslea, Kamie Sullivan. (Photo and caption provided by Wild Adventures.)

• 2 months later...

Wild Adventures has sent us a press release for regarding their latest park additions.

Wild Adventures Water and Theme Park (WA) opens for the 2010 season Saturday, March 6 at 10 a.m. The area’s number one tourist attraction offers season passholders an exclusive sneak peek to the park’s new offerings, including a trio of family rides and new live entertainment, on Friday, March 5 from 4 to 8 p.m. Season passholders will also be among the first to ride the park’s flagship wooden roller coaster, The Cheetah, which just completed a million dollar renovation. In addition, the park will reveal its new look, having planted more than 400 trees and added new spots to “beat the heat” in the last several months.

“Wild Adventures has a tradition of providing families all the excitement of a big theme park at a family affordable scale. It offers all in one for less -- a theme park, water park and animal park rolled into one. This year, with 20 concerts, and nearly a dozen limited engagement shows, guests will find something new to see and do every month,” said Bob Montgomery, vice president and general manager. “Plus, to help keep guests feeling refreshed, the park has removed more than 350 tons of concrete to make way for more shade trees and a new, interactive water fountain.”

Three new rides join park favorite

The new season promises more thrills with three new family rides. Guests will twist and turn on Whirling Wildcats, a spinning scrambler that propels thrill seekers of all ages in a circular motion. They will test their fear of heights on Viking Voyage, a five story family roller coaster that takes guests on a 40 mph ride with surprising dips and turns. Finally, they will find themselves in the driver’s seat on Falcon Flyers, a flying scooter ride, overlooking WA’s famed central lake.

After an extensive renovation, WA’s popular wooden roller coaster, The Cheetah, will also feel like a new ride to park guests. A million dollar refurbishment was designed to provide a smoother ride without sacrificing the wild excitement wooden coaster lovers have come to expect.

Wild Adventures New Season Opens March 6

Fresh entertainment debuts monthly

WA surprises guests all year long with exclusive, limited engagement shows including a special guest appearance by Kaptain Robbie Knievel on July 3, who will be attempting a leap over WA’s iconic lake.

The park opens with world famous magician Aaron Radatz, who mesmerizes guests with his Vegas-style magic show. In April, WA maintains its tradition of offering breathtaking animal performances with the premiere of Tigers of India. The award winning show features seven majestic tigers. The live act highlights the incredible bond of man and tiger while showcasing the animals’ natural behavior.

May brings the opening of Country Rocks Live! to WA. With a variety of gifted singers, this new show brings music to life with country hits from yesterday and today.

The summer heats up with high energy performances guests cannot find anywhere else. The Anastasinis are eighth generation performers who join the park’s show lineup in June with unbelievable juggling, high wire, and acrobatic performances under a big top tent. Also in June, popular hypnotist Tammy Barton takes guests on a journey of the mind.

Starting in July, the antics of the Dana Kunze High Dive Show entertain with a mix of high diving tricks and comedy. Man’s best friend takes center stage in July with Doggies of the Wild West. Marshall Rowdy Yo along with his sidekick, Calamity Jo, amaze and amuse audiences with a cast of “Pooches from the Prairie.”

Concert line-up offers variety of musical styles

Featuring the region’s largest outdoor amphitheater, WA promises families a variety of musical experiences from spring through fall. The park line-up includes 20 concert performances in the rock, pop, country, Christian and gospel genres. Already scheduled to perform are:

March 13 Lynyrd Skynrd

March 20 George Thorogood & Los Lonely Boys

April 10 Jeremy Camp

April 17 REO Speedwagon & Styx

April 24 Josh Turner

May 8 Wyonna

May 15 Chicago

May 29 David Crowder Band

June 12 Steven Curtis Chapman

June 19 Tye Tribbett & Kirk Franklin

June 26 Rodney Atkins

Sept. 25 Third Day

Oct. 2 Vince Neil

TBA Backstreet Boys

More concerts will be announced soon to complete the 2010 concert season. All concerts are free with general park admission or a 2010 Season Pass. Reserved seats are available for an additional $10.

New spots to refresh and recharge

Wild Adventures New Season Opens March 6

In March, WA marks the debut of a new, greener landscape plus spots for guests to cool off. The goal is to create shadier spots for the warmer spring and summer months. To create the parkwide changes, more than 4oo new trees have been planted along new pathways, creating an overall guest-friendlier environment. A new interactive, jumping water fountain will delight kids and parents alike with 22 jets that spray in all directions.

“Last season, WA unveiled our multi-million dollar Splash Island Water Park renovation including the opening of the popular Wahee Cyclone. This year, we wanted to add even more spots to help families cool off in the warmer temperatures,” said Montgomery. In addition, WA offers new sweet and savory food options to tempt taste buds. Guests can cool off with real fruit smoothies, and frozen treats at Fresh N’ Fruity or they can journey to Voyager’s Treats for a freshly-made, sweet puff. Guests can also watch their food as it cooks at BBQ Smokehouse, with smoked delights such as turkey legs, sausage, and roasted corn.

Season passholder sneak peek

Passholders can check out WA’s new rides and shows before everyone else on Friday, March 5 from 4 to 8 p.m. Season passes are on-sale now at http://www.WildAdventures.com. Regular passes are $59.99 and Gold Passes including free parking are $79.99. General admission tickets for the official park opening on Saturday, March 6 are also on-sale. General park admission includes the second day FREE. Adults tickets are $45.99, kids (ages 3-9) and seniors (55 and older) are $40.99. Prices do not include tax.

image002.jpg.ba6f3463b97ae66bbe4f06f6448045cf.jpg

882405549_WAOpeningImage1.jpg.f5d812b440a015411692de1147ace579.jpg

155495600_WAOpeningImage2.JPG.1b8a6474c936c18af9b8dfedfc9d5ad2.JPG

Wow! What a year for Wild Adventures!

I loved the park on my visit back in 2001, and have followed it somewhat closely ever since. They seem to improve by leaps and bounds every season. It's great that they have ripped out so much concrete in order to add shade. Hopefully some TPR members are able to make it out there early this year and report back with some good PTRs.

The only thing I'm not liking is that $46+ admission price...that is quite insane. Yes, a second day is included in that, but Wild Adventures really isn't large enough to warrant a 2-day visit...