Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 76: Legoland Reopening June 1!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fabulously FIERCE!

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby DenDen » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Here's a money saver I got from Domino's today!
Legoland.jpg
apparently good until March!
"To the floor! The only thing that will hold you up when nobody else will!"

FIRE HAIRED BOY

Postby krazekiddd » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:24 am

^Thanks! I didn't even realize I got that deal last night. I'll definitely be using it!

2007 TPR MidWest Tour | 2008 TPR East Coast Tour |2009 TPR West Coast Tour | 2010 TPR USA Trips | 2011 TPR Tokyo | 2012 Europe Trip

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:05 am

So does anyone thing that this whole "Giant Lego Man" story has anything to do with Legoland opening? I find it to be kind of a coincidence, considering others have washed up not too far from other Legoland parks. Personally, if it is tied in, I find it to be quite a good publicity stunt! Pretty much every article I've seen on this mentions the "New Legoland Florida" park nearby. If you're not familiar with the story, check it out here:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2011/10/giant-lego-man-washes-up-on-florida-beach-police-take-it-into-protective-custody/

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20111025/WIRE/111029721/-1/news?Title=UPDATE-Giant-Lego-man-washes-up-on-Siesta-Key-beach

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/sun_coast/giant-lego-man-on-beach-102511

The life-sized figure of a man made of Lego pieces was found washed up on a Florida beach, and people are scratching their heads as they try to figure out where it came from and what it could possibly mean.

Jeff Hindman reportedly found the bright red, yellow and green “man” as he walked on the Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota County around 7 a.m. Tuesday, according to a report in the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.

The fiberglass figure measures about 8 feet tall, and weighs about 100 pounds, according to the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office. In a light-hearted press release, the department said it had taken the giant Lego man “into protective custody.”

The front of the figure’s bright green “torso” bore the cryptic message: “NO REAL THAN YOU ARE.” On the back appear the numeral “8″ and the words “Ego Leonard.”

Just who is Ego Leonard, you ask?

It’s apparently the alter ego of a Dutch artist. A visit to the website, “Prescription Art,” shows a gallery of paintings for sale that all feature the Lego figure alongside pithy messages such as “I Love You,” “Play by the Rules” and, coincidentally, “No Real Than You Are.”

Converting the currency from the prices listed in British pounds, the paintings range in price from $3,407.19 to $4,238.90.

There’s also an Ego Leonard book — “No Real Than You Are” — that you can snag for just $11.18.

A message on the site, purportedly from the mysterious Ego, reads:

“My name is Ego Leonard and according to you I come from the virtual world. A world that for me represents happiness, solidarity, all green and blossoming, with no rules or limitations. Lately however, my world has been flooded with fortune-hunters and people drunk with power. And many new encounters in the virtual world have triggered my curiosity about your way of life. I am here to discover and learn about your world and thoughts …”

Other large Lego figures have previously washed up on beaches in England and Holland.

The Siesta Key Beach figure drew many stares before authorities removed it.

“Mr. Leonard is being kept in a secure environment until his owner comes forward,” the police statement added.

The makers of LEGO, the popular plastic toy bricks and plastic figures, have disavowed any knowledge of, or involvement with, the figure. Legoland Florida, a theme park, opened earlier this month in Winter Haven, Fla.

In a statement to the Sheriff’s office, the LEGO Group said: “This activity is in no way sponsored or endorsed by The LEGO Group or Merlin Entertainments, who run LEGOLAND attractions.”

abc_lego__man_111026_wblog.jpg
legoman-beach-1025.bmp
legoman2-1025_rdax_676x380.jpg
legoman3-1025_rdax_358x480.jpg
legoman4-1025_rdax_640x480.jpg
bilde.jpg
lego1_20111025215919_640_480.JPG

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:26 am

Honestly, I think it's neat.

I know it says how figures washed up in England and Holland, but what about California and Windsor? If this sort of thing happened when those Legoland parks opened, I wouldn't consider it a coincidence.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:28 am

I want a Giant Lego Man for Christmas!!! I am going to ask my Mom right now!!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:34 am

A.J. wrote:I know it says how figures washed up in England and Holland, but what about California and Windsor?

Windsor is in England. And while there isn't a Legoland in Holland, it did wash up on technically the same coast as Legoland in Denmark.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:36 am

Ah. I was thinking "Windsor, Ontario". I'm an idiot.

Does this mean that the forum title is going to change to "Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Giant Lego Men" now? :lmao:
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:42 am

I AM LEGO MAN!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:59 am

I saw this on the local news and thought for sure it was Legoland, very funny.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:03 am

I hope he makes the 108 mile journey to Legoland! If I was in Florida with a truck I'd take him there myself. I really love goofy stuff like this!

“Mr. Leonard is being kept in a secure environment until his owner comes forward,” the police statement added

FREE LEONARD!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!