Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 76: Legoland Reopening June 1!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby Lakuma » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:26 pm

BlahBlahson wrote:Also make sure you do a trip through Cypress Gardens and do the Pirates Ski Show. Both are not-to-miss bits of historic Florida. And if they are playing the Lego Movie 4D on the day you go, it's hilarious and worth seeing. Finally, APPLE FRIES if you're into that sort of thing.

In the restored Cypress Gardens there is a Banyan tree that was planted as a seedling in a five-gallon bucket in 1939 by the original Cypress Garden's owner. It's massive and often missed by most guests at the park, it's definitely a must-see!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Chiselphane » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:43 am

Thoughts on post-Christmas yet pre-New Year's (or even a few days past New Year's) crowd levels? I may be visiting parents in Tampa after Christmas and am looking at options; I know its a super busy time of year for FL parks in general but looking into non Disney/Universal for maybe something less mobbed.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:21 pm

This weekend Theme Park Review was invited to visit Legoland Florida to participate in LEGO Ninjago Days, a new themed event offered on January 25th - 26th, February 1st - 2nd and February 8th - 9th, 2020. Inspired by the hit LEGO sets that have spawned a TV series, mini movies, a feature length film in theaters and a land in the Legoland parks (including this one), the popular franchise fills the park with activities, character experiences, unique entertainment and specialty food offerings to plus an already great family day at Legoland Florida.

Legoland Florida is a well spread out park with a large number of family-friendly, interactive attractions for everyone to enjoy. The classic charm of Cypress Gardens is retained in its original format and can still be accessed at no additional cost with standard admission from inside of the park. LEGO Ninjago Days is another great excuse to come out and visit this park. Guests, especially those with younger families will find a lot to enjoy during the event!
1.jpeg
We’re Legoland Florida today to experience LEGO Ninjago Days!
2.jpeg
Construction of the Legoland Pirate Island Hotel continues adjacent to the original Legoland Hotel.
3.jpeg
Special guide maps are available for the event.
4.jpeg
Master Wu's Dojo is home to a small grab and go food counter and a meet and greet with Master Wu himself.
5.jpeg
Candy sushi!
6.jpeg
Love it!
7.jpeg
One of several activity stations setup through the park during LEGO Ninjago Days, where you can help to assemble a large-scale LEGO Ninjago character using LEGO bricks.
8.jpeg
Digital signage has been installed throughout the park to direct guests to the latest shows and advise of current wait times.
9.jpeg
Naturally LEGO Ninjago World was our first stop of the day.
10.jpeg
What better way to start our LEGO Ninjago Days visit to Legoland Florida than with a stop at LEGO Ninjago The Ride!
11.jpeg
This shooting dark ride uses hand gestures to generate energy blasts onscreen, which is a nice twist from the classic laser/light gun setup.
12.jpeg
LEGO Ninjago The Ride is a fun family dark ride with a unique shooting dark ride system!
13.jpeg
Time for a ride on Coastersaurus!
14.jpeg
The Great LEGO Race still offers VR experiences for those interested.
15.jpeg
Having just been in New York City a week earlier, this was fun to see.
16.jpeg
You may see ninjas roaming Miniland during LEGO Ninjago Days
17.jpeg
Guests can meet Lloyd and see the “LEGO Ninjago - Master of the 4th Dimension” film at the Fun Town 4D Theater!
18.jpeg
LEGO Movie World is an extremely popular corner of the park. It replaced the former land, The World of Chima, integrating its splash battle attraction and adding several new offerings...
19.jpeg
The LEGO Movie: Masters of Flight is a unique take on the Flying Theater style attraction...
20.jpeg
And a clever use of the Triple Decker Couch.
21.jpeg
The Battle of Bricksburg attraction wasn't too busy thanks to it being a colder day.
22.jpeg
Enjoying a close encounter with The Dragon!
23.jpeg
There’s a LEGOLAND park exclusive LEGO set available for purchase at Legoland Florida!
24.jpeg
Not nearly as fun as a Turkey Caller!
25.jpeg
Lost Kingdom Adventure at Legoland Florida is a great shooting dark ride for families to enjoy!
26.jpg
You can participate in a ninja-themed yoga class for kids during LEGO Ninjago Days!
27.jpeg
Time to grab some food at the new Ninja Kitchen food truck!
28.jpeg
Here's the full menu from Ninja Kitchen.
29.jpeg
Pork Egg Rolls, Pork Bao Buns, Sweet Asian Chicken Wings and Lemon Chicken Potstickers for lunch! The potstickers were our favorite of the lot!
30.jpeg
Guests can enjoy Earth Beat performances during LEGO Ninjago Days.
31.jpeg
It isn’t a day at Legoland Florida without a stop at the NFPA Rescue Academy!
32.jpeg
The beauty and charm of Cypress Gardens is maintained as a historic part of Legoland Florida for guests of all ages to experience.
33.jpeg
The LEGO touches are subtle in the storied Cypress Gardens section of the park.
34.jpeg
The Banyan Tree is a must see when roaming Cypress Gardens.
35.jpeg
Fun facts!
36.jpeg
Cypress Gardens had a long history of offering water skiing shows, so it is great to see Legoland Florida continue that tradition to this date.
37.jpeg
There are Ninjago-themed activity stations set up throughout the park to enjoy during LEGO Ninjago Days!
38.jpg
No visit to Legoland Florida is complete without a serving of Granny’s Apple Fries!
39.jpeg
Lots of progress on this big-fig since we first arrived!
40.jpeg
We had an awesome time enjoying LEGO Ninjago Days at Legoland Florida! The event continues for the next two weekends, so be sure to come out and visit!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:22 pm

Interesting that the Legoland Playset has "Billund" (the original park in Denmark) on it's entrance sign.
Wonder if most parents will be able to explain what that means, to their kids. :wink:

Great tour of the park (and the food) during Ninjago Days. Thanks for sharing your visit, Adam.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Taylor Finn » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:56 am

Will eventually visit this park. I am sure I'd have a great time. I actually have a free ticket via the Lego Rewards system (bought a few larger sets). Thanks for the look!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:08 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Interesting that the Legoland Playset has "Billund" (the original park in Denmark) on it's entrance sign.

If you look closely on the bottom right hand corner of the box, you'll see they actually have stickers with the names of all of the current Legoland parks, so you can make the entrance sign represent whichever park you want! I thought that was a pretty clever touch.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:48 am

^That is really cool. That 'park' lego set seems like a great idea.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:01 pm

^^ Hah, I was going to add to my post that they might be including
stickers with the different parks' names. I didn't notice that in the
corner, honestly. Till you noted it. Cool that they've included that. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Krandor » Thu May 21, 2020 8:32 am

legoland targeting June 1 to reopen. Have local approval still need state approval

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1263483098831949828

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Thu May 21, 2020 8:47 am

Interesting. So pre-booking encouraged not required. Masks encouraged but not required.

Also 'table service will be the only source for all food and beverages' surprises me a bit. I can see why no buffets or salad bars, but no quick service or kiosks seems surprising (unless this bit is incorrect).

Also I didn't realise how small Legoland was with a maximum capacity of only 12,000 people.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!