Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: jconsolmagno and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Postby Haymaker » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:35 pm

jconsolmagno wrote:Yesterday. July 4th, they posted almost 900 cases. The 11th highest state. They have been back on the rise in the state.

I haven't paid attention to what they are reopening but it is only a matter of time until they explode again (rising already, past week over week). That state has proven to be terrible at keeping people safe and alive during this.

Case numbers are somewhat irrelevant, hospital numbers are what need to be watched as that is what indicates serious cases. 900 cases is a drop of water to Florida's tidal wave. And NY positive percentage is way down in the single digits. WNY's positive percentage yesterday was 0.8%, the region SFDL is in was 0.9% and the 7 day average for the state is 1%. Contrast that with Florida's 14.5% and mix in high mask compliance and I'd say NY is doing just fine right now. I have no idea why the Emperor hasnt allowed theme parks to open yet.

Postby Haymaker » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:41 am

The Emperor of NY is allowing indoor malls to re-open, yet still no word on theme parks. :x

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:45 am

Don't hold your breath.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 152
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Twister (Knoebels), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

Postby Haymaker » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 pm

Mike240SX wrote:Don't hold your breath.

Yeah, NY and logic dont go hand in hand

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:05 pm

I was actually just thinking about how I love the Darien Lake thread but I just wish there was some way it could be more of complete f*cking sh*tshow and boom... politics.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby darienlake2648 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:03 am

Well at this point 2020 seems all but lost for Darien Lake. Even with the number of cases down significantly, I feel like Cuomo would rather wait for a vaccine before allowing theme parks to open.

Postby Haymaker » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:28 pm

darienlake2648 wrote:Well at this point 2020 seems all but lost for Darien Lake. Even with the number of cases down significantly, I feel like Cuomo would rather wait for a vaccine before allowing theme parks to open.

Yeah, the silence is deafening. How malls were allowed before theme parks doesnt make much sense to me. Were almost at the point where staffing is an issue in a normal year.

Postby Haymaker » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:25 pm

No gondolas on the Wheel... not that itd take long but still a sign that the King wont allow them to re-open
116884720_996850900726857_2613137347786467220_n.jpg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby therealcu2010 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:42 am

Yeah, at this point I think pretty much every park in NY isn't opening this year. With only a month left in the summer season it'd probably be less financially devastating to just not open as opposed to hire staff and spend money on added safety measures for such a short season.

Plus, King Andy already cancelled the state fair, so yeah, I think I wasted money on a season pass I cannot use. Lol

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Sk610 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:12 pm

It appears that SF is making their 2021 announcements on Thursday. Does anyone think we get anything other than the slide we were supposed to get this year?

I would like another flat ride for next year, but am not holding out hope considering that the park did not technically open this year

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!