Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Wagon127 and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:29 am

Great Adventure has typically announced additions for Hurricane Harbor a couple months afterwards (usually January). This was true for last year's addition as well as the play structure we added in 2016.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:12 am

^ But Great Escape didn't really announce anything about Shipwreck Cove, I got there in July, looked at the map and was like, "Wait there's two new additions?"
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:33 am

DarienPoint wrote:^ But Great Escape didn't really announce anything about Shipwreck Cove, I got there in July, looked at the map and was like, "Wait there's two new additions?"

Shipwreck Cove was incorporated into the main "New for 2019" announcements alongside Bucket Blasters as an expansion and rebranding of the water park into Hurricane Harbor:

Six Flags Great Escape Resort, New York’s most thrilling resort property, will rebrand its outdoor waterpark as Hurricane Harbor for the 2019 season, offering guests a bigger, better and wetter experience. The park will undergo a major expansion with more to see and do than ever before, including two brand-new, family attractions: Bucket Blasters, where riders will spin around in barrels for a good old-fashioned water gun battle, and Shipwreck Cove, a fun activity pool with interactive water sprays, geysers, and fountains for hours of water play entertainment.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:07 pm

^ I think we're being rebranding to HH, so it's always a possibility, if not in the future.

Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby SbSteveZ » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:30 pm

^ no need to think we are, SplashTown is 100% becoming Hurricane Harbor in 2020.

This won’t be a “Cedar Point Shores” style refresh but it will likely have some signage updates - but I won’t expect anything too crazy minus the new slide.

If they can install it on that plot o’ land across from the bridge I feel like that would be pretty neat. Otherwise - what do I care? Seems like it’ll be a nice addition regardless of where it ends up.
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:59 pm

^ Well when I was at HH at The Great Escape, it looked like some of it was updated aside from the expansion with Bucket/Shipwreck. The wave pool looked nice and sported the HH logo, as well as a new "entrance" to the water park. I'd say almost everything looked like it had a fresh coat of paint on it.

In the member email, it DID say something about tropical fresh coat of paint, we can only hope lol.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby SbSteveZ » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:07 pm

Though it may or may not be the case, I wonder if they’re waiting to see attendance numbers for the entirety of 2019 before they make a decision about the return of any licensed characters.

If this is the case, it could be part of why they didn’t mention anything like the “Return of Superman” similar to SFNE in 2017.

Or I’m a hopeless dreamer and we’re without the DC universe in 2020. (Which is probably the case)
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:39 pm

^ They were saying that they're giving the park a few seasons before they decide to invest more money into this park.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:46 am

^ who is "they"?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby richwoodrocket » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:18 am

anonymouscactus wrote:^ who is "they"?

Dippin dots guy

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!