Darien Lake Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby pryonisys » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:51 am

Crazy people on the Darien Lake instagram very sad in the comments about the demise of Twister thinking that Viper should be renamed to Batman (for some reason).

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby dnn2031 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:36 am

From what I've heard the park doesn't have the attendance to justify doing the whole DC/Looney Tunes branding just yet. Six Flags has to pay on the rights for each park apparently.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pryonisys » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 am

dnn2031 wrote:From what I've heard the park doesn't have the attendance to justify doing the whole DC/Looney Tunes branding just yet. Six Flags has to pay on the rights for each park apparently.

I'm personally ok with this. Everyone calls Ride of Steel Superman anyway.
Personally I prefer parks having their own IPs and not plastering DC or Looney Tunes everywhere.
(In reality I don't really care either way, make fun things, I don't really care too much what they're named)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:59 am

dnn2031 wrote:From what I've heard the park doesn't have the attendance to justify doing the whole DC/Looney Tunes branding just yet. Six Flags has to pay on the rights for each park apparently.

Where did you hear that? Is this just a rumor?

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Also, if the name change is certainly official now, can someone change the name of this thread to "Six Flags Darien Lake Discussion Thread"?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Wagon127 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:57 pm

They probably will soon, it only officially changed a few hours ago.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Wagon127 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:44 am

https://www.intergameonline.com/coin-op/news/six-flags-acquires-three-new-parks

Senior vice president of US park operations Tom Iven, said: “We are making major investments in all three properties with record-breaking attractions and extensive upgrades including new theming, paint treatments and branded signage, along with updates to restaurant and retail locations. Additionally, Members and season pass holders will have free, unlimited visits to these parks and Six Flags theme parks throughout North America.”

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:53 am

Wagon127 wrote:https://www.intergameonline.com/coin-op/news/six-flags-acquires-three-new-parks

Senior vice president of US park operations Tom Iven, said: “We are making major investments in all three properties with record-breaking attractions and extensive upgrades including new theming, paint treatments and branded signage, along with updates to restaurant and retail locations. Additionally, Members and season pass holders will have free, unlimited visits to these parks and Six Flags theme parks throughout North America.”

What kind of theming is the article referring to? The usual Warner Bros IP theming for a Six Flags park? Or more like generic theming?

Edit : Also, by "paint treatments", do they mean repaints of roller coasters?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:10 pm

Don't read too far into it. It's all incredibly vague.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm

What kind of theming is the article referring to? The usual Warner Bros IP theming for a Six Flags park? Or more like generic theming?

Edit : Also, by "paint treatments", do they mean repaints of roller coasters?[/quote]

There most likely talking about the two water parks becoming Hurricane Harbors, not Darien Lake as much. Screamscape reported on this today as well earlier
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:132
STEEL:101
WOOD:31
PARKS:25

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!