Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby rjr19 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:25 pm

ride of steel wrote:The only thing is, blue train has barley seen the light of day, so it couldn't be peeling that bad. But it's the one they have unwraped, so I'm thinking they may just be repainting the trains.

Remember how they used one blue car towards the end of the year because one of the orange ones was broken? I noticed that the wrap in it actually wasn’t looking too great and was pretty peeled. I was surprised since it only ran for what? Two seasons at the most? Surprising how fast people manage to ruin nice things. :?r
384CFC29-22B7-4AC4-8263-988448494B39.jpeg
Here’s what I was talking about. One car had a blue stripe for about the last month of the season.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ride of steel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:55 pm

I rode in the blue car once, I rode in the 2nd row seats though so I didn't notice.

Postby Haymaker » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:34 am

rjr19 wrote:
Haymaker wrote:
rjr19 wrote:Glad to see that Six Flags is obviously paying close attention to even smaller scale issues within the park, such as peeling train wraps. But who knows, maybe they are just getting new wraps. I really like the looks the wraps bring, and hope they are just getting new wraps installed!

Overall, I can’t wait to see the changes Six Flags puts into the park over the off-season. The place has been in need of some help and maybe SF will actually come to the rescue! :)

Who said they are doing anything to it?

Did you not just see the last page? They took the vynil wraps off.

It "appears" to be off of one car on one train. There's also a blue shell on the orange train. As stated before, the blue train hasnt been used in over 4 years. Its not necessarily an indicator of what may or may not happen to it.

Postby rjr19 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:40 am

Haymaker wrote:
rjr19 wrote:
Haymaker wrote:
rjr19 wrote:Glad to see that Six Flags is obviously paying close attention to even smaller scale issues within the park, such as peeling train wraps. But who knows, maybe they are just getting new wraps. I really like the looks the wraps bring, and hope they are just getting new wraps installed!

Overall, I can’t wait to see the changes Six Flags puts into the park over the off-season. The place has been in need of some help and maybe SF will actually come to the rescue! :)

Who said they are doing anything to it?

Did you not just see the last page? They took the vynil wraps off.

It "appears" to be off of one car on one train. There's also a blue shell on the orange train. As stated before, the blue train hasnt been used in over 4 years. Its not necessarily an indicator of what may or may not happen to it.

Actually, it was used in 2016, instead of the orange train. Only 2 years and as dnn said a while back, it was about 95 percent ready to be used in 2018.

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby SbSteveZ » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:01 pm

^ that makes me wonder what that extra 5% was that couldn’t be achieved to get the blue train ready to roll for the busier times of the season, namely Fright Fest which brought crazy long lines for Viper.

If the train was that close to ready, then I’m not buying the decision to not get it in operable condition.
Last Coaster: Thunderbolt @ Kennywood
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

Postby rjr19 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:54 pm

SbSteveZ wrote:^ that makes me wonder what that extra 5% was that couldn’t be achieved to get the blue train ready to roll for the busier times of the season, namely Fright Fest which brought crazy long lines for Viper.

If the train was that close to ready, then I’m not buying the decision to not get it in operable condition.

Who knows, it is Darien Lake maintenance after all. They aren’t known to make the most sense. Hopefully now that the park has Six Flag’s name plastered on all the signs and in the park’s name, we can see a better push for things like both trains if they are both ready or close to ready to go. I don’t think SF would want their WNY brand image to be the crappy conditions that DL has had for the past few years now. I think they’ll try at least a little bit to class up the joint a bit, even if it means ads plastered everywhere :b .

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:00 pm

As some people have already mentioned here, I think that if they are going to replace the vinyl wraps, then it will probably be new advertising related wraps. This is Six Flags and they're known for doing that on many of their major coasters throughout the chain.

On another note... still waiting on any news about possible rethemes :|

Postby rjr19 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:43 am

TheAmericanKnight wrote:As some people have already mentioned here, I think that if they are going to replace the vinyl wraps, then it will probably be new advertising related wraps. This is Six Flags and they're known for doing that on many of their major coasters throughout the chain.

On another note... still waiting on any news about possible rethemes :|

I think that Ride of Steel would have to get a theme. Six Flags has the rights to the “Superman” name and we have a coaster called “Ride of Steel”. I mean come on, the thing is begging for it’s old name back!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Six Flags Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby SbSteveZ » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:13 pm

Two things worth noting here

First and foremost, looks like Coasting for Kids is coming to Six Flags Darien Lake in 2019, A wonderful charitable event for sure, I’m happy to see it heading to my home park.

Second, and seemingly interesting news for this thread (maybe perhaps a little bit because of my asking about it), note the logo being used for the park on this slide. It’s the typical Six Flags logo, but has a blue rollercoaster pattern behind it. Something I have not seen before in Six Flags Park logos - though to be honest I’ve never actually looked for it. Could this be the new logo that they will be implementing for digital media advertisements?

I’m curious to see if they update the sign off of the 77 since it still has the 2007 logo on it, but at least I’d expect they throw a new sign on the front of the park’s entrance. They’ve changed it 3 times in the past 10 years, it wouldn’t surprise me if they did it again.
8006928A-A672-4425-B34C-6C9075135E13.jpeg
Photo Credit - ACE
Last Coaster: Thunderbolt @ Kennywood
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:52 pm

Interested to hear more about coasting for kids at Fantasy Island and SFDL. Can't wait to see how many people will ride Mind Eraser over and over again...

Also I noticed they are finally offering Platinum/diamond/ diamond elite memberships; not sure when that started. It may have been mentioned already, but there was so much riveting information about the stickers coming off Viper, that I may have missed it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!