Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:50 pm

Or they were surveying it for what they could ship to other parks when they close it.

JK I know they don't own the park.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:02 pm

^ NO! :lmao:

In other news, some stupid kid (most likely) stole my free refill cup at the park Friday. Like why? It's covered in my germs, rinsing it in water won't do anything.. I'll most likely give in and buy another one, but like come on. :|
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Postby rjr19 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:30 pm

DarienPoint wrote:^ NO! :lmao:

In other news, some stupid kid (most likely) stole my free refill cup at the park Friday. Like why? It's covered in my germs, rinsing it in water won't do anything.. I'll most likely give in and buy another one, but like come on. :|

I feel your pain, someone did that to me last year, but at least it was the $1.25 refill cup I got for free anyways, but it was still annoying having to buy one when I shouldn't have needed to. People are really something sometimes. :?r

Also, I visited the park tonight, only one difference in the park caught my eye...RoS HAS A TEST SEAT AGAIN! I rode it 3 times today and didn't see any "walks of shame". Made the line move noticeably faster given that the ride ops only had to check the restraints once, instead of needing to re-tighten them a million times!

On another note, Pirate was still closed. It hasn't been open once this year, it appears to be the Twister of 2018, now that Twister is back open. Oh well, I never ride it anyways.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Postby Haymaker » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:24 pm

The group asking about lights on the Giant Wheel warms the cockles of my heart... the coaster paint can fade to oblivion, just give me some got dam lights on the wheel! Its great ambience at night while around the campfire

Postby rjr19 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Haymaker wrote:The group asking about lights on the Giant Wheel warms the cockles of my heart... the coaster paint can fade to oblivion, just give me some got dam lights on the wheel! Its great ambience at night while around the campfire

The dark Giant Wheel hasn’t bothered me anymore, I guess I’ve just gotten used to seeing it like that. I honestly could care less about lights or paints as long as two trains run on Ride of Steel again. Two trains is honestly all I care about at this point.

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:11 am

Most likely the Six Flags people are trying to get a handle on the situation and see some things in person that need work. They also most likely wanted to see how the day to day operations are including all aspects not just rides. Maybe they will want to shake up the current management at the park with people who will maybe have fresh ideas and want to make some good changes. Gets the basics first then add the big stuff down the road. Of course Darien Lake will never be a top tier Six Flags park even down the road. It will most likely relegated towards the middle like a Six Flags New England where they get a some big attractions every so often but most of the rides are average.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:142
STEEL:113
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Sk610 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:38 pm

I too would love to see the Giant Wheel with lights on it again. It was such an icon to see the Giant Wheel all lit up at the end of a great day at the park.

On a similar note, I was trolling around YouTube earlier, and came across a podcast where they said they think DL will get branded back to SFDL next year and put in a clone of the Harley Quinn Crazy Cooaster at SFDK. It's that new Skywarp from Skyline Attractions. All I can say is that if they do this and add two trains to all coasters that can run them, I would be extremely happy

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby SbSteveZ » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:19 pm

The interesting thing about that is the similarity of that ride and Rolling Thunder. Not that I would at all be against seeing that ride at Darien Lake, I just wonder how the two really compare to one another at the end of the day. Not that most anyone would care, but it is still an interesting thing to think about
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:09 pm

SbSteveZ wrote:The interesting thing about that is the similarity of that ride and Rolling Thunder.

Since Discovery Kingdom has a Larson Super Loop as well ride experience must be somewhat different enough for Six Flags to put both types of rides in one park. While I wouldn't be against Darien getting the Harley Quinn type ride I have to agree with everyone else that the park needs more basic TLC before any new attractions are added.

If I could have one ride added to the park it would be the Zamperla Giant Discovery like Magic Mountain's Crazanity or New England's Harley Quinn.

Postby rjr19 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:53 pm

I can agree that the park needs some new flat ride. I’ve always thought DL seems to be lacking a bit in a good collection of thrilling flat rides.
Last edited by rjr19 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:20 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!