Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: nitoro, Wagon127 and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:21 pm

y2lukin wrote:I also believe maybe the biggest factor is they actually want the lineup to take a long time. The longer people are in the park, the more tempting to spend money. With a smaller park with fewer coasters such as DL, they don't want you to be finished in a couple of hours and leave. My thoughts anyway.

They aren't spending money while they are standing in line. People get frustrated when they stand in lines all day.

rjr19 wrote:Also, do you think Six Flags would purchase another RoS train, considering the age gap there would be between the two trains? There would be a 3 year gap between the ages of them.

One train on The Raven at Holiday World is 10 years older than the other train. Knott's recently acquired a third train for Silver Bullet which opened in 2004. While not Six Flags parks, it has been done before.

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Thu May 31, 2018 12:57 pm

^Didn't Darien Lake gave the OCC Motocoaster themed bike away in a contest of some sort?
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby dnn2031 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:18 am

DarienLaker wrote:^Didn't Darien Lake gave the OCC Motocoaster themed bike away in a contest of some sort?

There were two built. One really over the top with the fabrication that was more designed to be a display model and another a more standard OCC bike that was road legal. The latter is the one that was for the contest to be given away. Except the winner was a Canadian who wasn't valid for entry (or because the bike wasn't Canada legal) and I believe just got cash. So for a while afterwards the contest bike was displayed with a for sale sign until some guy finally did buy it.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:45 am

Heading to the park this morning for Tantrum's grand opening! :b

(From Darien Lake's insta)
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:24 am

If you still haven’t been on Tantrum, DO IT! It doesn’t disappoint! The adrenaline from the lift to the brakes is unending!

Got there a little before 9:30, and the radio people (with the giveaway goodies) weren’t there yet, so a bunch of other winners were waiting. Finally got the stuff and got into the park. Might I add there were a bunch of school field trips today for band,orchestra, and chorus competitions, so.

Park didn’t technically open till 10, so I sat down and waited till they dropped the rope, and “fast walked” to Tantrum. Got to pretty close to the front of the line, but turns out I actually was first cause school kids were trying to get on but the contest winners had priority. :lol:

Got off the ride and was interviewed for WROC (which wasn’t in their news on the website, RUDE.) and 89.1 (not from Rochester so I don’t know if it was broadcasted). Went to ride Rolling Thunder and that’s always a fun ride.

Lines started getting long due to the meddling school kids, so the water park was dead, so bought a swimsuit and did some slides. Pretty fun. :)
A3CF87C8-E6AF-4808-A238-E1184E40E597.jpeg
Hello again!
DBE38E96-9A67-4865-A358-4492436BA321.jpeg
The video won’t post of the ribbon cutting, but it was fun!
A0382B6F-F4EB-4552-B678-9F01E8D7F342.jpeg
Here we go!
3A26BCF8-25A6-4534-AB89-E95EA882AA75.jpeg
The restraints are so comfortable, lapbars are always the way to go!
141BC727-28D5-4639-B5A4-93F9E5FB19AD.jpeg
Line for RoS was the straight line back out of the station.
F41622D8-F486-4A55-8307-FF913909B69B.jpeg
Cuda Falls slide pieces in a field across from RoS!!

Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Postby DarienLaker » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Did Darien Lake move the 'Cuda Falls slide part to where those old "Batman" stand up roller coaster tracks were?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby rjr19 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:44 pm

They must have moved them. From this Google Maps image, the ‘Cuda Falls pieces weren’t close enough to the road to be visible before. I find that very odd that they would move the pieces though.
156972E1-EE1C-4E9B-ADF6-97A253F7EA5A.png
The red mark indicates where the ‘Cuda Falls pieces have been for a while now.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:44 pm

^ Maybe they're moving them up to be ready to be sent to the scrap yard.

Cuda Falls always reminds me of how one time in a single tube I got stuck in the teal Cuda slide. They had to send someone down to push my tube out. :lmao:

Postby DarienLaker » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:52 pm

Now I wonder if they still have all of the slide parts of the old 'Cud Falls slides, if they did have all of the old CF slide parts maybe Six Flags can rebuild the slides with new supports, pipes, and such.

I'm just saying that maybe Darien Lake isn't going send 'Cuda Falls to the scrapyard since the slides are still on the park's property, just in storage.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:55 pm

Oh god, we're talking about the slide-that-must-not-be-named again.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!