Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Wagon127 and 27 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:45 am

^ A quick peek at the website didn't show a parent swap program available, but maybe other frequent visitors might know more info.

As far as getting through the park in one day, that "shouldn't" be a problem for you as the park isn't all that large. If you're planning on spending a lot of time in the water park, however...that could slow things down because if it's sunny and warm, lines for the slides can get insane.

And if there is a concert that night, be prepared for large crowds and one train operations on their coasters.

If you can somehow plan your visit on a weekday when there isn't a concert, crowds shouldn't be too bad.
Last edited by Philrad71 on Mon May 28, 2018 9:07 am.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby SbSteveZ » Mon May 28, 2018 8:46 am

rjr19 wrote:Was Twister open? I am starting to think it is SBNO this year, because it has been closed every time I’ve visited the park this year, and every time it was closed, it was not listed as being closed at the main gate.

Twister is not SBNO. It was open last weekend and ran all day long (Sunday) it was also at certain points attracting fairly large crowds - more than the 3 or 4 people it usually runs cycles for which was nice to see
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Mon May 28, 2018 9:28 am

thrillrider wrote:We're planning on visiting the park this June, and have not been there since Six Flags ran it.

We are bringing the whole family, so just a couple quick questions....

Does the park offer any type of parent swap program?

And what's a good plan of attack to get the park done in one day?

Thank you for any advice.

I usually go clockwise around the park, which works, then I have about an hour of extra time to ride anything I like a lot (Tantrum, Ride of Steel, Blast Off, etc), also like someone said above, check their concert schedule, as they have a pretty big concert venue, so the park can get busy.

I have no idea about a parent swap program, never heard of it..
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Postby rjr19 » Mon May 28, 2018 1:02 pm

I have not seen any parent swap program at the park, but you can try to ask Guest Relations when you get there. Also, because of one train ops, expect a line to take FOREVER even if it appears to be a short line up. Any line in the switchbacks on Ride of Steel will be at least an hour, even though it looks like a 30 minute wait. Also with RoS, on top of on my one train, each loading cycle takes forever because of the new stricter requirements for how large the rider can be.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Mon May 28, 2018 1:31 pm

rjr19 wrote:I have not seen any parent swap program at the park, but you can try to ask Guest Relations when you get there. Also, because of one train ops, expect a line to take FOREVER even if it appears to be a short line up. Any line in the switchbacks on Ride of Steel will be at least an hour, even though it looks like a 30 minute wait. Also with RoS, on top of on my one train, each loading cycle takes forever because of the new stricter requirements for how large the rider can be.

What are the requirements for how large a rider can be on Ride of Steel? I know for Superman: RoS at SFA, they have a test seat to see if a larger person can fit. Also, because of the restraints used (t-bar?), the height limit of the rider is 76 inches (6-4)

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Mon May 28, 2018 2:15 pm

Jason Maier wrote:
rjr19 wrote:I have not seen any parent swap program at the park, but you can try to ask Guest Relations when you get there. Also, because of one train ops, expect a line to take FOREVER even if it appears to be a short line up. Any line in the switchbacks on Ride of Steel will be at least an hour, even though it looks like a 30 minute wait. Also with RoS, on top of on my one train, each loading cycle takes forever because of the new stricter requirements for how large the rider can be.

What are the requirements for how large a rider can be on Ride of Steel? I know for Superman: RoS at SFA, they have a test seat to see if a larger person can fit. Also, because of the restraints used (t-bar?), the height limit of the rider is 76 inches (6-4)

Over 270 pounds you can forget it. At that weight I barely fit on Superman the Ride which is more accommodating than ROS. However, it is more accommodating now than when it was with those idiotic shin guards.
Last edited by 3Mutts on Mon May 28, 2018 2:16 pm.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Mon May 28, 2018 2:15 pm

Thanks for the help!

I may just have to call the park about the parent swap. Can't find anything in the website about it.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Golddisk » Mon May 28, 2018 4:07 pm

thrillrider wrote:Thanks for the help!

I may just have to call the park about the parent swap. Can't find anything in the website about it.

There is a parent swap program. Just let the ride attendents know and they will accomodate it. No special pass is required.

Postby rjr19 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:48 pm

For RoS, I have seen many “walks of shame” over the last couple of years now, most people kicked off weren’t even appearing to be very big. I was told that Intamin told Darien that the angle the lap bar was at needed to be lower, and that the lights on the buttons at the ends of the platform on each side had to stop flashing in order for the computer to dispatch the train. Also, with the new train, there isn’t even a test seat out front. You can’t find out if you will fit until you wait in line and get onto the ride.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Postby DarienPoint » Mon May 28, 2018 5:00 pm

^ Hope Six Flags fixes all of these errors for next year, it feels reassuring they're taking over operations soon.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!