Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Uberbluedragon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:27 pm

I thought for a second that out of the three HOS parks that BGT is highest level and then it hit me that Universal and Disney are a hour and half drive away. Also when they want to retire that red dragon from demon street I'll gladly take that off their hands. That dragon is totally awesome! :devil:

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Aaronupsidasium » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:26 am

I really think BGW should turn HOS into a hard ticket event. They could have the park open on weekends with family friendly Halloween stuff like SeaWorld's Spooktacular and then have a really immersive, scary event at night.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Aaronupsidasium » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:46 am

The Halloween themed dining looks great though. Though that's always a draw with BGW. They did such a great job of creating Vampire Point I needed a double take to see what area they transformed it to.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:32 am

^They have two other themed-dining events, too: "Fright Feast" in Ireland's Castle O'Sullivan and "Buccaneer Galley" in Festa Italia. The menus at each venue are different, too; for example, "Fright Feast" offers currywurst. (But I think "Buccaneer Galley" is just the usual pizza-and-pasta buffet they have all season.)

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby printersdevil78 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:22 pm

cfc wrote:ladies of "dubious virtue" (some of whom are headless)

If they're anything like the ladies of dubious virtue I see around here, "headless" is an improvement!

Thanks, Chuck, for the photos and Netdvn for the reviews!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WildStangAlex » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:52 pm

I was there on Saturday for my first time and I had a truly remarkable visit. I'm hoping to get my photos up soon! Hollow Scream was fantastically frightening, and I was really impressed with their efficiency in moving people through the mazes!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:39 am

Looks like a nice event! I'm glad they seem to be expanding it more each year.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:13 am

Howl-O-Scream was great when I went last Friday and Saturday. It seemed more mellowed out compared to my last visits (2005, 2009), but regardless my friend and I had a great time. We only did two of the mazes, Deadline and Cut Throat Cove. CTC was pretty neat and a nice change for HOS. It had the shortest line for any of the mazes there.

Crowds weren't to bad both days either. Nessie, and Alpengeist had walk-ons through out both days. Also the lights under Nessie's loops were off on Friday, those were some interesting night rides. I also got to ride Verbolten for the first time. It won't replace the BBW for me, but it's still a great ride and definitely what BG needed. The night rides in the rain were great, the blue light and the fog machine under the last drop was awesome. Mach Tower was of course closed. Overall we had a great time and I still have the fun fall card so I might go back before HOS is over this year.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:58 am

Mach Tower was reasonably reliable earlier in the season, but it seems to be having "issues" again. Oh, well.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WildStangAlex » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Mach Tower ran for most of the day when I was there the 14th. Around the time the Hollow Scream stuff started is about when it closed. Whether or not there is a connection, I do not know.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!