Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Intimidator305 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:11 pm

BGW using the same name for a maze as Cedar Point (Cut Throat Cove in 2012)... never thought we would ever see that! :lol:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:01 pm

^Ha! Didn't know that. Well, BGW had pretty good luck with Sea Dog Cemetery a few years ago--we'll see how this one turns out.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Definitely looking forward to Howl-O-Scream this year. I found out I'll be there for two days so thats enough to check out everything.

As for putting another coaster in Drachen Fire's spot, that would be awesome and I'd love to see it happen. I wouldn't mind seeing a GCI or RMC in that area.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby xmichellex » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:14 am

I have what may be a stupid ticket question, but I just want to make sure before I buy...

For the BGW Fall Fun card, does that include all-day park admission AND haunt? On the website it says "Pay for a day and get unlimited visits to Howl-O-Scream." I have to believe that this also includes park admission outside of haunt hours, but KD has separate haunt/park ticket options, so I wanted to make sure that wasn't how BGW worked too...
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Top Thrill (CP), i305 (KD), Kumba (BGT), Cali. Screamin' (DCA)
Top 5 Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Lightning Racer (Hershey), Beast (KI), Yankee Cannonball (Canobie Lake)
Total Credits: 141

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:36 pm

^Howl-o-Scream is not an upcharge attraction at BGW--it's just part of your park admission (or season pass).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:26 am

So any rumor on a 2014 announcement date? Any coaster rumors, or just flats, and shows?

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:41 am

^They're supposed to make some sort of announcement concerning 2014 this Saturday as part of Passholder Appreciation Weekend. The only thing I know of for certaib is that a new show is going into the Globe Theatre and that it might be themed to British pop music (Madagascar has been kicked around, too).
Last edited by cfc on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:52 am.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:55 am

Ahoy! Thar be a new pirate-themed store fer Howl-o-Scream this year, swabs.

X MARKS THE SPOT FOR PIRATE TREASURE AT BUSCH GARDENS®

WILLIAMSBURG (September 3, 2013) – Busch Gardens® is making it easy to get into the pirate spirit during Howl-O-Scream® with the introduction of Captain Barghbie’s Booty™, a pirate-themed store in the park’s new Ports of Skull™ Terror-tory™.

Captain Barghbie’s Booty will bear little resemblance to Bella Casa Gifts, the shop’s prior iteration, after its piratical transformation.

“We’re very excited about how the store is going to look,” said Phil Barbie, the park’s merchandise director and the store’s reluctant namesake. “It’s going to be like you’re actually on a boat. You walk into one area and it feels like you’re in the belly of the ship. In another spot we’ve filled the captain’s quarters with treasure. “

In addition to traditional Howl-O-Scream items, the shop has a vast ocean of new riches to offer, including nautical-themed gifts that are perfect for the whole year as well as pirate-themed plunder for purchase.

“There are going to be great toys for kids including pirate toys and some dress-up accessories to help you transform into a fearsome pirate,” said Barbie.

For buccaneers 21 and over, Captain Barghbie’s Booty will also offer a select sampling of adult beverages. During the day, guests can still enjoy wine tastings. In the evenings, guests can enjoy a selection of rum-based drinks.

“We’re also offering gold by the inch, so you can pick your chain and a charm,” said Barbie, “Since it’s by the inch, you can decide whether or not you want something a little more fitted or more of a pendant.”

Busch Gardens’ artisans will have a selection of Capodimonte jewelry and sculptures including the famous “eyeball rose” that has become symbol of serious scares at Busch Gardens.

To help guests immerse themselves in the frightening worlds created in the Terror-tories the store will also have face-painting artists “so pirates young and old can come and get their faces transformed.”

Ports of Skull is one of four new Terror-tories that will transform Busch Gardens into a much darker place. France, Italy, Germany and England will be transformed into an over-the-top thematic experience that transports guests to another time and place full of startles and frights. Enter murky waters haunted by swashbuckling pirates in Italy, stroll through London’s East End on the trail of Jack The Ripper or face vampires and underworld creatures in Germany and France.

Purchase a Fall Fun Card and enjoy unlimited admission to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, including Howl-O-Scream, for the price of a one-day admission. Howl-O-Scream opens September 13, and terrifies weekends through October 27. For tickets and more information including shopping, visit www.howloscream.com/va.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby SuperShawn » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:26 am

For buccaneers 21 and over, Captain Barghbie’s Booty will also offer a select sampling of adult beverages. During the day, guests can still enjoy wine tastings. In the evenings, guests can enjoy a selection of rum-based drinks

Best part of that press release! Busch is certainly going all out with the pirate theme this year, hoping more and more I can get down there in October.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:45 am

^It all starts on September 13. They used have the Sea Dog Cemetery maze where the Forest of Fun is now, and, frankly, they have nowhere to go but up after two years of the Fear Fair maze in Festa Italia (that one never quite worked). They seem to be beefing up the dining options for HOS this year, too.
Last edited by cfc on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!