Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:44 am

^The frog and fly out front were particularly odd. I'm all for the park expanding Food and Wine, HOS, and Christmas Town, too.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby astromattical » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:51 am

BGW was my first park in 1996 with Drachen Fire being my first roller coaster. Today, my son will get to go to the park I grew up at. He is way too young to remember anything about it, but there will be plenty of pictures!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:00 pm

So what is in the area where Drachen Fire was?

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby necoastergp » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Vonni wrote:So what is in the area where Drachen Fire was?

Grass and an empty station building I believe.
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:04 pm

The Drachen Fire station has been a Howl-o-Scream maze (it's the site of Bitten) for quite a few years (the ride's barn has been used for one, too).
Last edited by cfc on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:05 pm.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby kmshimfe » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:05 pm

Vonni wrote:So what is in the area where Drachen Fire was?

Right now that area contains the Black Forest picnic grounds, the old Drachen Fire station, which houses a haunt maze during Howl-O-Scream, the Drachen Fire barn, and a big, huge grassy area *cough cough* :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Ok, thank you everybody for your responses! I've never been to BGW so I need people to paint me a picture from time to time so to speak lol. I remember a rumor of a possible wooden coaster going in the park. (weak rumor I might add), but if this were to happen would the Drachen Fire plot be the best spot for it? Also from an enthusiast standpoint, BGW needs a bigger coaster line up. It seems like a great, and beautiful park none the less.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:58 pm

netdvn wrote:Overall: I still prefer the park to stay the way it is without decorations during summer and would rather see Illuminights leave for a bigger budget in Food & Wine, HOS, and CT.

I 100% agree.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:50 am

Vonni wrote:Ok, thank you everybody for your responses! I've never been to BGW so I need people to paint me a picture from time to time so to speak lol. I remember a rumor of a possible wooden coaster going in the park. (weak rumor I might add), but if this were to happen would the Drachen Fire plot be the best spot for it? Also from an enthusiast standpoint, BGW needs a bigger coaster line up. It seems like a great, and beautiful park none the less.

BGW tends to go for quality over quantity when it comes to coasters--not that I would object to, say, an RMC coaster or an Intamin woodie in the park.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:05 am

The park has released some more information about Howl-o-Scream 2013. And, yes, it looks like Fear Fair has been replaced with a pirate-themed maze: Cut Throat Cove.

HOWL-O-SCREAM® AT BUSCH GARDENS®
RETURNS WITH A TERROR-IFFIC PLOT

Howl-O-Scream® is back for 2013 and it’s scarier than ever starting Sept. 13

WILLIAMSBURG (August 15, 2013) – With less than a month to go until Howl-O-Scream® begins another haunting season, Busch Gardens® is lifting the veil and revealing the frightening tricks and treats guests will experience if they’re brave enough to enter the park after dark.

Starting Friday the thirteenth of September, Busch Gardens’ charming European villages are transformed – taken over by demons and creatures of unspeakable horror – into four Terror-tories™. With the introduction of Terror-tories, transformed lands where spirits and fiends walk amongst the living, Busch Gardens has introduced a whole new immersive aspect to Howl-O-Scream. France, Italy, Germany and England will be transformed into an over-the-top thematic experience that transports guests to another time and place full of startles and frights.

Chart a course through the haunted waters in Italy, flee the flames of burning France, avoid becoming a vampire’s dinner in Germany or hunt for Jack the Ripper in London’s East End. In this immersive experience, guests are the main characters whose fates are linked to the creatures roaming through the dark side of the gardens. Pirates, demons, vampires and Jack the Ripper himself await, so beware or become their latest victim.

Keep a weather-eye open in Cut Throat Cove™, Howl-O-Scream’s newest haunted house where bone-chilling surprises lurk at every turn and mutiny is afoot in this pirate-themed attraction.

Looking for a little liquid courage? Stop by Demon Drinks, Pirate Baarrrrgh™, Open CASKet™ and the Inoculation Station for drinks that are frightfully good. Or reserve a spot at one of three immersive dining experiences at Blood Banquet™, Fright Feast™ and Buccaneer Galley. Then check out one of Howl-O-Scream’s signature shows. Night Beats™, Dig It Up! and Fiends are all returning to entertain and terrify audiences for the 2013 season.

Parents and guardians of young children should heed this warning. At the stroke of 6 p.m., the ghouls and haunts come out to play and Busch Gardens becomes a seriously scary place. Guests are advised to consider the park’s elevated scare factor when deciding to visit Busch Gardens with young children during Howl-O-Scream.

Get a Fall Fun Card and enjoy unlimited admission to Howl-O-Scream for the price of a one-day admission. Howl-O-Scream begins Sept. 13 and continues to terrify weekends through Oct. 27. For more information and a complete operating schedule, visit www.howloscream.com/va or call (800) 343-7946.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!